PDA

View Full Version : 3.2 YPC, a new standard in Bills rushing! WOOHOO!!!

WG
09-09-2003, 12:50 PM
I sure hope we can match that next week!

That was phenominal!!!!

At that rate, if Henry gets 500 carries he'll have 1,500 yards...

WOO HOO...!!!

:rolleyes:

WG
Adams had an INT!!!

16-0 comin' up...

WG
:D

RedEyE
09-09-2003, 12:52 PM
:lol:

Your in rare form today.

Judge
If you can guarantee me that on each and every offensive play the Bills will get 3.2 yards, I will take that and win a Super Bowl.

Pride
Wys, you keep eggin them on, and I will be forced to stop defending you haha

Wys :hammeru: Pride

BTW, thanks for the wing sauce and T-Shirt! Cant wait to try it in chili next month

justasportsfan
09-09-2003, 12:54 PM
If 3.2 ypc guarantees us a 31-0 win every game. Screw the run. :D

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
If 3.2 ypc guarantees us a 31-0 win every game. Screw the run. :D

3.2 while eating the clock. Not bad at all.

Judge
09-09-2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone

3.2 while eating the clock. Not bad at all.

It only takes 10 yards every 4 plays to keep the chains moving and a drive alive. If you can get 3 yards every play, you score on every drive.

d1220
09-09-2003, 12:58 PM
Just out of curiosity Wys, how many years did you play football. You're a decent sized dude and probably played. I personally played almost 10 years. Just curious where your :rolleyes: extensive knowledge of football came from. Again, you appear to try and represent someone who has a vast knowledge of the game...considering yourself that knowledgeable, you surely must have played a little organized ball.

WG
09-09-2003, 01:00 PM
The Pats are awesome!!!

Fins Rock too!

Jets kick ass!!!

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:01 PM
Doesn't Henry's 1 yard TD run count against the average?

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
The Pats are awesome!!!

Fins Rock too!

Jets kick ass!!!

I know this is a joke to suggest we are all fans with a blind devotion. But you are proving that you are really the only one with a misguided view of the game.

bernielivsey_1
09-09-2003, 01:03 PM
You dont have to play pro football to know football. Jon Gruden?

d1220
09-09-2003, 01:07 PM
John Gruden probably went to college for coaching and learned the dynamics of the game there. Playing football makes a huge difference in knowledge of the games inner workings. Anyone who played will certainly agree with me.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
You dont have to play pro football to know football. Jon Gruden?

I think he was talking about any level. Gruden was a college QB, I think. He just didn't have the physical skills.

I think playing on some level helps a lot to understand the game. It's not required, but it helps a lot.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by d1220
John Gruden probably went to college for coaching and learned the dynamics of the game there. Playing football makes a huge difference in knowledge of the games inner workings. Anyone who played will certainly agree with me.

:up:

Tatonka
09-09-2003, 01:10 PM
delete this thread please..

Tatonka
09-09-2003, 01:11 PM
you will probably jump off the henry band wagon as quickly as you switched on to it form the bryson band wagon.

lets add this :D

to make it seem like i am :jk:

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:11 PM
It helps mostly to understand that no game is ever never ever played to perfection - which some people here want and expect. There are going to be drops, fumbles, ints, blown coverages, missed tackles, missed blocks, games with 3.2 YPC, etc.

Novacane
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Do you have split personalities Wys? :scratch:

d1220
09-09-2003, 01:14 PM
BTW, 3.5 ypc is a very successful day running the ball if you control the clock, which if I remember correctly, we did very well. There is a major difference between running the ball to open up the pass, and running the ball to control the game. If GW and Gillbride were interested in gaining more YPC, they would have mixed up the running calls a lot more than they did.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Do you have split personalities Wys? :scratch:

Yes, one who's all for the Bills so if we win, YEAH BABY!

And one who's critical of everything so if we lose, I TOLD YOU SO!

It's getting old wys.

WG
09-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by Judge
If you can guarantee me that on each and every offensive play the Bills will get 3.2 yards, I will take that and win a Super Bowl.

Then you're an idiot since you'd have ZERO first downs!

STAMPY
09-09-2003, 01:22 PM
its only one game and henry had a couple receptions too. so back off my boy travis. he will have a huge year... biotch:peace:

WG
09-09-2003, 01:22 PM

Yes, one who's all for the Bills so if we win, YEAH BABY!

And one who's critical of everything so if we lose, I TOLD YOU SO!

It's getting old wys.

Congrats BFO!!!

You telling me what's getting old!

I'm truly laughing pretty hard at the moment, so thanks for that much...

;)

EricStratton
09-09-2003, 01:24 PM

3.2 YPC x 4 downs = 12.8 yards per 4 downs

10 yards = First down

12.8 > 10

Looks like First downs to me but maybe I'm an idiot.

Pride
09-09-2003, 01:25 PM

:confused2

3.2 yrds/play X 4 downs = 12.8 yards = 1st down.

Pride
09-09-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by EricStratton
3.2 YPC x 4 downs = 12.8 yards per 4 downs

10 yards = First down

12.8 > 10

Looks like First downs to me but maybe I'm an idiot.

haha, jinx

The Spaz
09-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Pride

haha, jinx

But according to Wys's Mathematical equation which uses the sun and stars combined with.....LMAO!:)

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:29 PM
Congrats BFO!!!

You telling me what's getting old!

I'm truly laughing pretty hard at the moment, so thanks for that much...

;)

No problem. I'm not the only one telling you that.

Kelly The Dog
09-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Travis will also score 32 rushing touchdowns and shatter every single scoring record in nfl history. It will be the greatest rushing performance of all-time.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
Well the 3.2 yards per carry doesn't equal a first down since you would punt or kick on 4th down.

3.2 doesn't matter though when the offense is running effectively and you are able to put up 24 points without surrendering any.

WG
09-09-2003, 01:33 PM
It helps mostly to understand that no game is ever never ever played to perfection - which some people here want and expect. There are going to be drops, fumbles, ints, blown coverages, missed tackles, missed blocks, games with 3.2 YPC, etc.

Thanks Einstein!

And so naturally, the logical conclusion is that we should never seek to improve or perform better where we didn't perform so well, right!

OOOOPS!!!

I forgot! We were perfect on Sunday...

Sorry, my bad...

Judge
09-09-2003, 01:36 PM

Wrong. If you get 3 yards paer carry, you go for it on 4th down and get the first down EVERY TIME. Who's the idiot?

WG
09-09-2003, 01:38 PM
No problem. I'm not the only one telling you that.

Actually BFO, what's getting old is everyone telling me what I was thinking when I wrote something, telling me how I actually felt about something when what's in writing was pretty damned positive I thought and I've gotten such feedback on.

This is turning into a witch hunt where I'm left to defend myself against comments such as if I said you were a homo and then you'd have to spend your day defending that as if it were true!

I can't be much more positive, so I'll tell ya what! I'll feel much more obliged to start saying what I really think our issues will be down the line instead of saying we're gonna be 12-4 in the midst of most of you who won't even say the same and have us going 11-5 or 10-6!

Can you say "IRONY!"

I guess my saying that our D to a man played exceptionally!

Can you please direct me to the "negative" there please!

Can you please direct me to the negativity in my not commenting AT ALL on Reed's bumbling play???

Or how about my stance on the O that we played a very solid error-free football game.

Or is it someone else's horse**** you're reading about "what I said?"

Sometimes I think you guys are blind! Truly!

Either that or your all iliterate idiots! I've said NOTHING of the sort of what's been going around today!

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Thanks Einstein!

And so naturally, the logical conclusion is that we should never seek to improve or perform better where we didn't perform so well, right!

OOOOPS!!!

I forgot! We were perfect on Sunday...

Sorry, my bad...

You just don't get it. I'm not going to bother trying to explain it since everyone else has failed to get through.

The game wasn't perfect. It never ever is.

But 31-0 is as perfect as imperfection goes.

WG
09-09-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Judge

Wrong. If you get 3 yards paer carry, you go for it on 4th down and get the first down EVERY TIME. Who's the idiot?

Right, and on the game you'd be what, 24 of 24 on 4th downs?

Very realistic there Judge!

I'm gonna step out now and go talk to my toaster for a while. It's more engaging....

Judge
09-09-2003, 01:41 PM

Right, and on the game you'd be what, 24 of 24 on 4th downs?

Very realistic there Judge!

I'm gonna step out now and go talk to my toaster for a while. It's more engaging....

You should- you're not bright enough to comprehend what's going on here!

Novacane
09-09-2003, 01:43 PM

Can you please direct me to the negativity in my not commenting AT ALL on Reed's bumbling play???

I wish you would. Everytime you start riding someones a$$ they start playing great:D

WG
09-09-2003, 01:43 PM

You just don't get it. I'm not going to bother trying to explain it since everyone else has failed to get through.

The game wasn't perfect. It never ever is.

But 31-0 is as perfect as imperfection goes.

NO!

You don't get it!

I've openly admitted as much as what you just said!!! READ, read, do you first of all understand that word, "read"? READ my piece! It says basically exactly that!

NOW, WTH is wrong with bringing up the FACT that we only averaged 3.2 YPC? Why, WHY, amidst ALL the positive, is it horrendously outrageous to begin looking forward to next week's game?????

WHY?

Or is everyone gonna live off of this one single game for the rest of the season? I enjoyed it too! IMMENSELY!!!

But if we go 0-3 over our next three, then who cares! If you don't want to discuss our sketchy rushing game, then fine! Stay the H out of the argument/discussion!

But amidst ALL the positives that I've uttered, you instead read T's comments about me and "what I was actually thinking when I wrote a bunch of stuff" as if T has a freakin' clue! So be it!

But how's THIS for a change in pace! How about reacting to what I say instead of what others say about me? Can ya do that! Because I don't think you or a bunch of others can!

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:44 PM
I wonder why everyone is against you?

WG
09-09-2003, 01:45 PM
Don't ever worry about sitting in my seats again.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:46 PM

That was phenominal!!!!

WOO HOO...!!!

You keep bringing up "did you even read what I wrote, yadda, yadda, yadda"

Above is the thread you started and what I'm responding to.

I wonder why everyone is against me.

LtBillsFan66
Don't ever worry about sitting in my seats again.

k

d1220
So, you're saying your threads today...even the title of this one is not riddled with sarcasm. I, and I'm sure many, many others consider that negative.

WG
I wonder why everyone is against you?

It's not! It's just people who put words in my mouth and those who don't ever read beyond sentence 1/2 of the 6, 10, or 20 that I write!

Ignorance is bliss apparently!

You must be pretty blissful, eh!

EricStratton
09-09-2003, 01:47 PM

This is turning into a witch hunt where I'm left to defend myself against comments such as if I said you were a homo and then you'd have to spend your day defending that as if it were true!

BF1's a homo.

He does clap a bit funny, I guess the signs were there.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:48 PM
It's not! It's just people who put words in my mouth and those who don't ever read beyond sentence 1/2 of the 6, 10, or 20 that I write!

Ignorance is bliss apparently!

You must be pretty blissful, eh!

Read the opening post in this thread pal.

Boohooboohoo Everyone hates me.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:49 PM
So, you're saying your threads today...even the title of this one is not riddled with sarcasm. I, and I'm sure many, many others consider that negative.

Are you part of the witch hunt too?

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:50 PM
BF1's a homo.

He does clap a bit funny, I guess the signs were there.

I clap loud and hard! Manly claps! :mad:

d1220
09-09-2003, 01:51 PM
Not at all. I actually think Wys does have some very productive things he says. Just not a whole lot today.

lordofgun
09-09-2003, 01:53 PM
Wys. :shakeno:

You come here with the express purpose of getting people riled up, then pull the "You're not getting anymore tickets" routine when they disagree with you?

Come on!

EricStratton
09-09-2003, 01:54 PM
One positive way to look at it is this Wys.

From 0-0 to 21-0 the Bills ran 11 times for 39 yards. If you take out the 1-yard TD run (it shouldn’t could in the average because 1 yard is the max he could go) the team averaged 3.8 per carry. That sets up plenty of 3rd and shorts and is a great way to win a game.

From 21-0 on the rest is just useless stats as the team was on cruise control.

d1220
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
I also must say he is far too critical of meaningless points. Eg., the title of this thread. Again, 3.5 ypc is a good day of controlling the clock. If it was 3.5 yards per carry, our TOP(time of posession) is low, it is a very unsuccessful day. But the running of the ball on Sunday, was primarily for controlling the clock. I think I only saw one or two plays the whole second half where they ran outside the tackles. If a team is primarily running inside the tackles and guards, they are trying to control the clock, not gain a ton of yards.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
One positive way to look at it is this Wys.

From 0-0 to 21-0 the Bills ran 11 times for 39 yards. If you take out the 1-yard TD run (it shouldn’t could in the average because 1 yard is the max he could go) the team averaged 3.8 per carry. That sets up plenty of 3rd and shorts and is a great way to win a game.

From 21-0 on the rest is just useless stats as the team was on cruise control.

Brilliant! I mentioned the 1 yard run earlier on and wys chose to ignore it. He does that you know. He ignores FACTS.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 01:57 PM
There was also a Bledsoe sack, I believe, that counted as a run since he got 0 yards.

d1220
09-09-2003, 02:00 PM
I also must say he is far too critical of meaningless points. Eg., the title of this thread. Again, 3.5 ypc is a good day of controlling the clock. If it was 3.5 yards per carry, our TOP(time of posession) is low, it is a very unsuccessful day. But the running of the ball on Sunday, was primarily for controlling the clock. I think I only saw one or two plays the whole second half where they ran outside the tackles. If a team is primarily running inside the tackles and guards, they are trying to control the clock, not gain a ton of yards.

Sorry to quote myself, but I had one more point. I think one of the couple of plays running outside the tackles was the 9yd TH run for a touchdown.

EricStratton
09-09-2003, 02:00 PM
There was also a Bledsoe sack, I believe, that counted as a run since he got 0 yards.

I took the sack and Teague fumble out even though they count in overal stats.

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 02:02 PM
I took the sack and Teague fumble out even though they count in overal stats.

Oh ok. I'll take 3.8 any day. Especially when you most of it is running out the clock when you are up by over 3 tds.

Kelly The Dog
09-09-2003, 02:06 PM
Were we stopped on even one third and short or fourth and short? We ran three runs inside the 10 yard line. Scored on two of them (and we scored on the drive of the other one). Three for three in the red zone. We controlled the clock when we had to. Many times a players number of carries are as important as the yards and YPC, and 28 is a good number of carries. The yards per carry were likely the least important stat concerning our running game out of all of them in this game (including carries, touchdowns, yards, fumbles, YPC, first downs, TOP, 3rd and 4th down conversions, etc.)

Philagape
09-09-2003, 02:09 PM

Not if we did it on all four downs:p:

Philagape
09-09-2003, 02:16 PM
Oops sorry I posted that before I saw someone else make the same point. Actually, it wasn't a point at all, nor was anything that was said in this silly line of conversation. :rolleyes:

However, has anyone pointed out that in the second half, when the game is decided, that the Pats and anyone else in the stadium perhaps KNEW we were going to run and just perhaps set up their defense against the run?

Billz_fan
09-09-2003, 02:22 PM
nobody ruins a victory better than Wys.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it's going to be like after a loss. The guy is a pure rain cloud.

There are going to be negatives in victory and defeat. Reading your posts and threads though becomes a real bummer in a short time. I always end up feeling like Charlie Brown getting yelled at by the teacher. BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Plenty of time for negativity after a loss, do we have to eat your negativity after a victory as well ?

lordofgun
09-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Philagape
Oops sorry I posted that before I saw someone else make the same point. Actually, it wasn't a point at all, nor was anything that was said in this silly line of conversation. :rolleyes:

However, has anyone pointed out that in the second half, when the game is decided, that the Pats and anyone else in the stadium perhaps KNEW we were going to run and just perhaps set up their defense against the run?

Way too logical.

Drewpac
09-09-2003, 02:45 PM
I think you guys are really being too hard on Wys.

You have to remember that his brain automatically factors out all Henry rushes over 4 yards. Therefore, to Wys it appeared that Henry only ran for about 29 yards. A little over 1 yard per carry. I would be pissed too if I was Wys!

Philagape
09-09-2003, 02:45 PM
I think TH's most important stat is 28 carries (32 overall). To someone who didn't see the game and just looked at the box score, it's THAT stat that tells you we won.

YPC is meaningless in this case.

It's not, however, meaningless in THIS case: Antowain's YPC was 1.2. The Pats didn't do anything on the ground until the second half, when Faulk got big chunks when the Bills were expecting the pass.
But Sam couldn't have had anything to do with that, huh? (meaning, the first-half numbers) Someone else here quoted Gregg praising Sam, and I think the coach knows just a little bit more than armchair QBs.
Like I said somewhere else (and this is directed at no person in particular), don't talk like you know the players, coaches, GMs, scouts, correspondents, go to practices, hang out in locker rooms and offices, review many different game films, etc. Fans are NOT experts. The next time you say so-and-so sucks, ask yourself, who the hell are you?? Do you spend 80 hours a week with nothing but football as your life, like, say TD and GW do? Whom should I trust more, TD or the drunk loudmouth in section 114? Who's the expert?

Philagape
09-09-2003, 02:51 PM
And of course, the most important stat of all ....

BILLS 31 PATRIOTS 0

d1220
09-09-2003, 03:02 PM
Non football thread? The only thing I wrote about was football. I still have yet to hear Wys respond to any of my extremely logical and correct posts. Does Wys not respond to correct, logical posts? I really didn't think I'd get a response because my posts made too much sense....at least for Wys. Dude, if you know as much as you say you do, why not retort?

Novacane
09-09-2003, 03:09 PM
Who and why was this moved to the twilight zone?

d1220
09-09-2003, 03:13 PM
Wys didn't want anyone to see he made a usless meaningless post.....or my very correct assessment of it. Wys, what are we in Nazi Germany?... Cuba? You see something that you don't agree with, and you bury it? You truly take the cake. I even gave you a compliment in one of my posts.

XNOUGHT
09-09-2003, 03:47 PM
The Pats are awesome!!!

Fins Rock too!

Jets kick ass!!!

I need a hug

d1220
09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Thats what I thought..... No response. I now have a good idea on what you're all about Wys....

WG
09-09-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Philagape

Not if we did it on all four downs:p:

And this happens often?

How many times do you count on a 4th and 1 conversion on any single drive?

So a 4th and 1 is exactly the same as any other down and 1 to go, eh.

Whatever....

WG
09-09-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Billz_fan
nobody ruins a victory better than Wys.

I cannot even begin to imagine what it's going to be like after a loss. The guy is a pure rain cloud.

There are going to be negatives in victory and defeat. Reading your posts and threads though becomes a real bummer in a short time. I always end up feeling like Charlie Brown getting yelled at by the teacher. BLAH BLAH, BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Plenty of time for negativity after a loss, do we have to eat your negativity after a victory as well ?

B_f,

I've been nothin' but positive. What you have is a ton of people in my face sayin'g all sorts of unrelated things talking WAY out of context of the game!

It's sad that it has come to this! I feel maligned. I've had nothing but praise other than a side note on the one slight notion that perhaps our rush blocking could use some improvement w/ Taylor and RW coming up vice Smith/Faulk. Excuse me for not seein' absolute perfection!

Gosh, I'm very sorry that I'm hopin' for a little improvement in one area prior to our next game and worried about an emotional let down!

I don't think you're being fair minded however. I have been extremely positive. You're reacting to a mob mentality painting me into a corner.

I will say this, today has really soured my attending either the Eagles or Skins games. I may prefer simply to watch it on TV due to the supposed "fellow-fan" response that I've received here totally painting me nearly 180 degrees from where my viewpoints actually lie!

But hey, what can I expect from a bunch of people who enjoy criticizing after only reading a post headline while not taking the time to read my entire thought. And no, I've had hardly any marathon posts today!

WG
09-09-2003, 05:39 PM

The early ones were just fine. The one's "riddled w/ sarcasm" there 1220 occurred way after first blood was drawn by a rabid pack of animals stating over and over things that I never said and painting me and making me out to be some sort of ingrate after Sunday's win!

Again, if this is what I'm treated to contrary to my actual feelings/beliefs, etc., then I'm starting to sour on attending any more games this season. For real.

If you guys want me to be some sort of poster who complains after a win like that, then I suppose you're gonna see that in spite of all the evidence to the contrary and my first five posts of the day discussing the game in a very positive light and next week's game as well.

So since y'all have made up your minds that I am unsatisfied w/ Sunday's game, no sense in fighting the mob, eh!

I can't win!

Ð
09-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Ding ding ding!!! You've passed Politics 101, Wys :D

Signed

Rabid Pack of Animals

WG
09-09-2003, 05:50 PM
Just out of curiosity Wys, how many years did you play football. You're a decent sized dude and probably played. I personally played almost 10 years. Just curious where your :rolleyes: extensive knowledge of football came from. Again, you appear to try and represent someone who has a vast knowledge of the game...considering yourself that knowledgeable, you surely must have played a little organized ball.

Actually, I played sparingly in H.S. I had no guidance at all. My father was completely uninterested in football and wouldn't come to any games of mine unless they were soccer. Didn't come to b-ball or baseball games either. I opted to work F/T my Jr./Sr. years there for the bucks. Was loaded in HS.

Knowing little about the game, I went to my neighbor, who was a plug, 5'7"/190 or so, told me, 6'2"/178 to play G. :rolleyes: Well, we all know how that turned out. I was extremely fast but I didn't know any better so I just stayed as a backup G. Of course freshman HS coaches aren't the brightest bunch, and to have had one of them suggest that perhaps I play DE, TE, S, or LB was a reach I guess. I played soccer for ten years after that.

I learned about the game on my own. But you don't have to be a player to understand the game 1220. To suggest otherwise doesn't make sense. I showed up at college three weeks early after leaving the Army to make the team as a walk on DB/DE, but they didn't have a team. LOL, go figure. Hockey school, eh. I've played tons of flag, in the military and elsewhere. Often against ex-pros, several who played in the NFL. I usually played DE there and after I had acquired a full understanding of the game. I was good then. I've always had plenty of speed and great hands. Those days are over now, after 7 knee surgeries. LOL

Anyway, I've also gained 40 lbs. or so after my knee surgery last fall which I haven't lost yet. So I'm usually not as "decent sized" as recent pics have me. 6'3"/230 is about right under normal circumstances.

Lastly, I appreciate the put down. ;)

And if it makes you feel even better, my best sport was easily cycling, then soccer. So football doesn't even rank unless you count flag where I had tons of fun and actually did play very well once I knew what was going on years after HS when I barely knew anything about the game.

WG
09-09-2003, 05:53 PM
BTW, 1220, if you have other questions, feel free to PM me. I'm happy to entertain them and answer them for you. I've just avoided much today after I realized that I hated the win on Sunday, something that I just learned about myself today!

I often miss posts, so don't assume that I'm intentionally ignoring you.

SABURZFAN
09-09-2003, 05:54 PM

That was phenominal!!!!

WOO HOO...!!!

:chuckle:

the sarcasm is pretty funny but on a serious side,the OL basically STUNK the whole day.everybody can talk the talk about 31-0 but that won't happen every game.the OL needs to get the lead out.if we were playing a top 5 defense Sunday,we probably would have gotten our @$$e$ handed to us.

helmetguy
09-09-2003, 07:49 PM
Personally, I'm all for ANY combination of at least ten yards in three downs. Just keep moving the sticks. That's the name of the game-ground aquisition. Whether Wys was being fecetious or not,3.2 yards per carry won't amount to much if all the offense ever does is run the ball. All this statistical "analysis" breaks down immediately once the whistle blows. "There are lies, damned lies, and statistics."

WG
09-09-2003, 07:52 PM
SABURZ,

Please. This is the last time I'm gonna ask you. Do not be so negative. Our 3.2 YPC compares w/ the best in the league Sunday when you consider all of the "circumstances."

Clearly you're not considering what those are! Needless to say they won't be mentioned here. But please, heed them!

Philagape
09-09-2003, 08:16 PM

And this happens often?

How many times do you count on a 4th and 1 conversion on any single drive?

So a 4th and 1 is exactly the same as any other down and 1 to go, eh.

Whatever....

I was kiddding! It was my silly contribution to a silly conversation.

d1220
09-09-2003, 08:24 PM
Wys. Thank you for your reply. As I said in my original post, You are a sizeable dude. I figured you probably at least played a little. I agree that someone does not have to have played football to know the game well. I will say however that it does let you see the game from a different perspective than someone who has not....mainly the emotion involved when you're out there...I'm not taking anything away from the emotion in the stands it's just a different kind...to experience it. I tell you, when fall rolls around I can still smell football in the air...the smell of the dirt and leaves in cold air. Now... 13 years later it still kills me that I'll never play again.lol To say the least, I love football. I just recently have begun visiting this board, so responded in kind to several sarcastic threads that really irked me...espcially as a former noseguard.lol I was unaware of any ongoing fueds. As far as my responses, I thought they were very relavent to the title and body of the initial thread...until a good relavent post is ignored by the author and subsequently moved to the non football section....mind you, the entire time irrevalent posts being responded to the entire time. Again... it irked me. I am one who always speaks my mind. That is why an insult may have been muttered...Just letting off steam.lol BTW, I've seen the military flag football at Griffis AFB(when it was there.lol)..those guys take it very seriously..and if I remember correctly, not a whole lot involved with those flags....lots of blood though.lol

I am looking forward to discussing football this season at BZ, hopefully I can contribute some good posts to this board.

WG
09-09-2003, 08:29 PM
Cool.

I moved those BTW. The other admin would likely have you know that was the case. I just figured that if they were so negative and so many people were disturbed, that perhaps the main forums was no place for anything other than purely 100% front office speak.

Sorry if it put you out. But I was a tad bit confused given the circumstances. Seemed like outrage was the order of the day over a seeming extensive intolerance for anything other than speak of perfection and a resolution to a successful season prior to its second game even.

Again, a little confused, but hey...

d1220
09-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Thats why you'll never see me make predictions.lol I'll analyse the hell out of things, but I won't predict. Too many reprecussions involved.lol