PDA

View Full Version : I forgot about this, but...

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
The Bills Defense is so good that we sometimes get flagged for illegal procedure for having too many players on the field when in fact there are only 11.

True story - happened in the pats game. The TV announcers pointed it out too.

Pride
09-09-2003, 02:40 PM
Really? I was at the game, so there was no way for me to really tell since until we knew the penalty, the people could have gotten off the field.

Was it really a blown call?

lordofgun
09-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Yeah, it was a bad call. There were only 11.

They froze an overhead view and counted only 11.

Ð
09-09-2003, 02:44 PM
They were counting using the metric system.

Damn Canadians :shakeno:

Pride
09-09-2003, 02:46 PM
:rofl:

bernielivsey_1
09-09-2003, 05:08 PM
It just seemed like there was 12 the way we were playing.

The_Philster
09-09-2003, 06:00 PM
Any chance that someone was on the edge of the field when it happened? And they called that guy?
Remember when Cowher blew a fuse about a call like that, and tucked the overhead photo in the ref's pocket for empahsis? Yeah, there were 11 players on the field...but he was out there as well. His get-back coach didn't do his job keeping Cowher himself off the field.

helmetguy
09-09-2003, 07:36 PM
I haven't seen the videotape yet (got too excited about the roadtrip to remember to set my VCR) but I seem to remember the procedure call was twelve men in the huddle. Did the telecast address that?

Originally posted by The_Philster
Remember when Cowher blew a fuse about a call like that, and tucked the overhead photo in the ref's pocket for empahsis? Yeah, there were 11 players on the field...but he was out there as well.

To this day, a Squeelers fan SWEARS it cost 'em a Super Bowl! How? Who freakin' knows???

Doc
09-09-2003, 07:48 PM
The Pats were flagged later for 12 men in the huddle. The call against the Bills was for 12 men on the field. Unless that's what they meant, and there was no replay of the Bills' huddle, it was a blown call.

WG
09-09-2003, 07:54 PM
The refs made several bad cal...,...

oh, sorry. negativity!

My bad!

Billz_fan
09-09-2003, 08:04 PM
Still at it huh Wys :laughter:

Im going back to the television for a movie and then to bed. Try to get some sleep yourself, you can come back again tomorrow and do it some more :D

SABURZFAN
09-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Ð
They were counting using the metric system.

Damn Canadians :shakeno:

:lolcry:

Doc
09-09-2003, 08:28 PM
The refs' only missed calls against the Bills were the playclock going to zero on Henry's rushing TD and not calling Jennings for kicking Harrison in the midsection, although I don't think that SHOULD be called and should be a standard play for EVERY team.

Mad Bomber
09-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
The Bills Defense is so good that we sometimes get flagged for illegal procedure for having too many players on the field when in fact there are only 11.

True story - happened in the pats game. The TV announcers pointed it out too.

That call just plain SUCKED!!! Unless there was somebody way off the line of scrimmage, we got HOSED. On TV they counted our defenders....it came out to 11!

BTW, if you want to see what I think of NFL officials, just look to your left and check out my avatar!

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 08:33 PM
The refs should have also flagged the pats for unnecessary roughness when some Pat CB or Safety threw Bobby Shaw down after he was like 3 yards out of bounds, and the whistles had already blown like 10 seconds ago.

ublinkwescore
09-09-2003, 08:35 PM
I think the refs counted 2 51's or 36's.

helmetguy
09-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Doc
The Pats were flagged later for 12 men in the huddle. The call against the Bills was for 12 men on the field. Unless that's what they meant, and there was no replay of the Bills' huddle, it was a blown call.

Thanks for the clarification.