PDA

View Full Version : Which AFCE QB will lead in TDs?

WG
07-20-2002, 07:54 AM
How about TDs?

TedMock
07-20-2002, 08:30 AM
I know Bledsoe can put int's up as well, mainly because he prefers the deep ball instead of the safe dump pass when in a hurry, but with the receiving corp at what it is and throw the 2 TE's and Larry Centers into to mix he still has as good an arm as anybody. My vote is Bledsoe. Feidler could sneak up on you if Williams runs well. He's not doing anything pretty but 5-7 yard passes all game could add up to something. I think Brady is way overrated and Testaverde just doesn't have the man power around him.

The Shadow
07-20-2002, 02:19 PM
Testaverde will be lucky to finish the season. Pennington cannot wait forever and Vinnie was past his prime two seasons ago.

Brady will prove he is a legit starter, but highly doubtful he is as successful as last season.

Fiedler is well, Fiedler. All Pro one game then vanishes for the next two or three games. The Transvestite will get many carries (as long as he stays healthy), thus limiting Fiedler's TD stats.

Bledsoe has a new lease on life, an upgraded o-line, a receiving corp that still has yet to reach it's full potential, and a bowling ball covered in spikes running the football to keep defenses honest. I may be a hopeless optimist and homer when it comes to the Bills, but I don't see how Bledsoe won't lead the AFC East QB's in TDs. I really don't.

northernbillfan
07-20-2002, 02:32 PM
Maybe I'm biased, but no other QB impresses me too much.

DB baby. We have an O line like none other before and that'll give Bledsoe plenty of targets to find.

DraftBoy
07-20-2002, 06:19 PM
Bledsoe on this one easily if you ask me, just because Fiedler has only one real target in Chambers and he tends to get knicked up here and there along the way. So unless the Phins othe WR step up big time Bledsoe I see pulling away with it.

WG
07-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Just curious, how many TDs does everyone think DB will have?

Because I see whoever the Jets QB is having at least 25 and I also see Fiedler having 24+. So what everyone is saying is that DB is gonna have how many? 30+? What?

I think there's gonna be some disappointed people in Buffalo if the standard for him is set too high.

SABURZFAN
07-20-2002, 07:14 PM
i think bledsoe will throw 27 TD's this year.as for the others:

brady-24

dumbo-22

testeverde-19

WG
07-21-2002, 12:09 AM
dumbo

LOL...

askabry
07-22-2002, 05:09 PM
The Jets offense will score less than 260 points this year; Vinny/Pennington will put up 15 TDs. They have a short wr that's coming off an injury, a short slow wr coming off his worst season in years, and an offensive line that's been disrupted.

NE has no depth in the Oline, but solid pass catchers and fair ability in starters along the line. Brady is good for 23 TDs. Ant can't anymore on the ground though, and the team scores only 290 points en route to disappointing season.

The Phins have a terrible offensive line and took next to no steps to improve it. Chambers is dangerous, and JF is quick and dangerous on the move. But Norv will run run run forever. Look for Jay to go to the Pro Bowl on the basis of team play but not his stats, which end up with 24 TDs and 16 Ints. The Phins score 360 points.

Drew will play behind the best OLine in the east; for a strong OC and with good WRs. But we are also committed to the run game, and I see Drew putting the ball up less than 400 times this season for around 20TDs. The Bills offense scores another fifteen on the ground and Hollis adds 25 field goals; we're good for around 340 points on offense this year.

Phins054
07-22-2002, 05:10 PM
Honestly...I feel Bledsoe can throw around 25-30 TDs. I think a lot of your games will come down to Bledsoes arm, if you are unable to run the ball effectively.

Jay has the chance to do the same if we are successful running the ball. The passing game will open up, but our WRs are a ?...Chambers should still be productive. Oronde can catch, but is not a speed stretch the field type WR. McKnight has the speed, but not great hands and misjudges the ball at times.

Vinny will probably be injured at some point. He will probably not even finish the season...I think Vinny will soon retire. Still the Jets have solid WRs and he should be able to post a respectable 15-18. Just watch how many INTs he has too...

Brady...He is no MVP...He will heavily rely on a solid running game. I see many FG attempts in NE this year. Bradys one strength is that he is not easily rattled. He should throw for about 22.

justasportsfan
07-22-2002, 05:22 PM
Look for the fins to run the ball more inside the red zone. I don't see Fiedler leading the AFCE for that reason alone. Fiedler will have less INT's as well. He's thrown INT's after Int's because they didn't have much of an option w/ the running game last year. He still sucks!Lol!

Chambers will be a factor but I think the Bills can and will contain him.

Bledsoe on the other hand just seems to have the upper hand being that he has an OL and a running game that I think will be shoved down our opponents throat. With Gilbride's O and Moulds , Price, Reed and not to mention a not so bad bench (McD and Germany) we will score a lot barring injuries and the sooner we get chemistry going.

WG
07-22-2002, 05:27 PM
I sure hope you guys are right. More than with our D, our O is gonna be the key to how well we do this season.

I do think that the keys to both the Jets and Phins games will be how well Martin and Williams run. There's no reason to think that Martin will do anything other than what he's done ever since he's been in the league. If their OL is not that good, then based on what we've been told about the OL while he was w/ Drew at N.E., it shouldn't be that bad.

As to Miami, Williams fumbling and his health are the two biggest issues. But he's a more than a hamster's fart better than Lamar Smith and the other stiffs that Miami has had. Althought I do agree that their OL is dubious.

justasportsfan
07-22-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

I do think that the keys to both the Jets and Phins games will be how well Martin and Williams run. There's no reason to think that Martin will do anything other than what he's done ever since he's been in the league. If their OL is not that good, then based on what we've been told about the OL while he was w/ Drew at N.E., it shouldn't be that bad.

As to Miami, Williams fumbling and his health are the two biggest issues. But he's a more than a hamster's fart better than Lamar Smith and the other stiffs that Miami has had. Althought I do agree that their OL is dubious.

Yup, our ability to stop the run scares me. I'm sure TD and GW knows that as well. I am slowly but surely becoming a true beleiver in TD.

As for GW, he doesn't have any reason to fail this year. TD got him a competitive team. Let's see what GW can do with it.

angneli
07-22-2002, 05:50 PM
Bledsoe will put up a lot of TD's. He will easily lead the AFCE

CajunBillsBacker
07-23-2002, 08:46 AM
WHAT????? Where's the button for David Dinkins? Guess i'll have to vote for Bledsoe then!!

Ebenezer
07-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Fiedler and Brady just don't threw that often...Testaverde is too old and IMO they don't have the weapons...especially if Martin goes down.

Gotta be Bledsoe!

Shiny Chicken
07-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Fiedler plays on a team whose strength is it's defense and now it's running game too... I highly doubt he'll need to throw a lot of passes... if he is... the Dolphions have some serious prolems.

Vinny is past his prime.

Brady is similar to Fiedler.

Bledsoe has one of the best arsenals in the league to throw to... Moulds, Price, Reed, Henry, Centers, JR, Moore... and a rocket arm... Bledsoe will almost definitely lead in TD's.

Halbert
07-23-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
Fiedler and Brady just don't threw that often...Testaverde is too old and IMO they don't have the weapons...
Ahh the voice of reason.

Brady will tank. Absolutely no way he gets magical like that again. No way. More INT's than TD's this season is my guess.

Vinny might break the 20 TD mark with better WR's and another year in the system. But he won't make 25.

Fiedler actually stands a good chance to break 25. The D has been weakened and he's going to have to do more than not lose. He's got some reliable WR's and given some very good games he threw last year, I'm one of the few who are afraid he can do it even better this season.

Bledsoe. Oh, c'mon. A defense who will be successful if they make the top half of rushing yards allowed means plenty of passing. A very deep RB backfield and greatly upgraded OL means moderate to good success running. If he doesn't throw at least 25 TD's I'm trading him for Todd Blackledge.

Shiny Chicken
07-23-2002, 06:17 PM
I just had a conversation with a Phinfan who agrees... Buffalo has the best WR and QB in the east, and the best WR depth i the league... so there... HA! :D

HenryRules
07-23-2002, 07:25 PM
I don't see any of the QB's putting up big TD #'s. Either they're too old and won't finish the season healthy (VT), are playing for an OC who runs the ball into the endzone (DB), just added an RB who is going to get the carries in the red zone (JF), or play for a team that had three offensive td's in the playoffs (TB). Its like picking the best company to invest in out of WorldCom, Enron, or Nortel.

WG
07-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Hmmm...

I'll choose D; none of the above then!

;)