PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find it odd that ....

Earthquake Enyart
09-09-2003, 08:27 PM
we kicked that long field goal at the end of the game?

Wasn't that rubbing their nose in it?

lunatic_bills_fan
09-09-2003, 08:34 PM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!
Also I think if GW really wanted to rub their nose in it, I truly believe the offence had another 10 points in them, we just started playing the clock instead.
I say that with all the hype that has gone on this off-season, this team had to come out and try to make a statement. I believe they have somewhat accomplished that.

helmetguy
09-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Hell no! We have a kicker, so let's see what he can do.

socalfan
09-09-2003, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I didn't understand why they bothered...it's not like they were giving the kicker some experience in a game situation since the game for all practical purposes was over.

Ebenezer
09-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

we don't play them again until week 17...I doubt it will come back to haunt us.

lordofgun
09-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Fine with me. I love running up the score.

Dozerdog
09-09-2003, 09:56 PM
Points differential against divisional foes is one of the tiebreakers- considering 2/3rds of the AFC finished either 9-7 0r 8-8 last season, we should take advantage.

HAMMER
09-09-2003, 11:09 PM
Dozer makes the best point in this regard, got to do what ever it takes to win the division. Who knows how far down the tie-breaker board it might go? Besides, what is wrong with pouring a little salt in their wounds? Especially against the Pats and the Fins. Hell, kick em in the nuts when they are down, be the bully on the block. It's football, not golf. Show no mercy to those Pat Bastards. Now I'm really riled up...RRRRRRRRR.

Herdwatcher
09-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

like already said, tie-breaking points factor, also Lindell was facing the wind what better time to check him out in a game. Oh...rub their nose raw if you ask me!!

imbondz
09-10-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm all about running up the score. 52-0 would have been fine with me too.

no mercy.

don137
09-10-2003, 05:36 AM
The Pats rubbed it into our nose a few years back when they scored after the "just give it to them" comment by the ref and the bad Pass interference call that set up a Pats victory the Pats ran in a two point conversion even though the game was decided for the same reason Dozer said...tiebreakers

Earthquake Enyart
09-10-2003, 06:02 AM
Point differential is a lame excuse. Bet you can't name the last time it made a difference.

I remember Hank Stram and the Chiefs kicking a FG at the end of a game to further run up the score on a POS Bills team and I didn't like it. :mad: Let sleeping dogs lie.

NC-BILLS44
09-10-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by don137
The Pats rubbed it into our nose a few years back when they scored after the "just give it to them" comment by the ref and the bad Pass interference call that set up a Pats victory the Pats ran in a two point conversion even though the game was decided for the same reason Dozer said...tiebreakers

I remember that game. Ralph let the league have it after that one. He ripped the officials and said I'm 80 years old, what are they going to do, make me sit in the corner.
I loved that. Give'm hell Ralph.

Jan Reimers
09-10-2003, 08:01 AM
Why should we show the arrogant Patsies and their insufferable coach any mercy?

HotRod
09-10-2003, 09:01 AM
If we were at the goal line, I would have been mad if they "took a knee" instead of crossing the goal line. The more points we have, the harder it is for a COMEBACK.

HotRod
09-10-2003, 09:03 AM
BTW. I don't care if it seems that we were rubbing their noses in our win. I can't stand the Patriots.

Mr. Miyagi
09-10-2003, 09:15 AM
Rub it in baby, rub those Patsies nose right in the dirt.

Should've run up the score even more. :snicker:

colin
09-10-2003, 09:39 AM
They were asses last year, we should have been blitzing every play in the second half.