PDA

View Full Version : Do the Jags even have a chance on Sunday?

WG
09-09-2003, 09:00 PM
Thoughts?

venis2k1
09-09-2003, 09:02 PM
I dont see the game going very well for them.

socalfan
09-09-2003, 09:03 PM
Yeah they do. It's their home opener with a new coach that is supposed to be a great motivator. I think they will be sky high having seen what the Bills did to NE.

JayWood
09-09-2003, 09:06 PM
Iam just as excited about our win on Sunday as everyone else, and i think that the future is very very bright for us but we have to realize that on any given sunday anything can happen...who would have tought that the Phins would lose to the Texans? We have to play hard every snap and not get to comfortable. Yes I think that we should win on Sunday and continue our dominance but only time will tell. TKO, Big Sam/Pat, Drew, Lawyer, E Moulds, and company get the troops together and lets grab another "W"

d1220
09-09-2003, 09:16 PM
You bet they do.. As was stated earlier, it's their home opener, comming off a loss. The 12th man will be a factor there, Fred Taylor is awesome if he gets s block or two, and Brunell is on the all time career NFL QB rating list....#5..or so. We should not underestimate them. An away game at a home opener is always tough....just ask New England.lol I am very anxious to see our D again.

JayWood
09-09-2003, 09:21 PM
I want to watch TKO work again...the man is a monster and i have not been so anxious to watch player play in a long time. Hey Troy Brown were you introduced to Mr. Spikes on Sunday?...hahahaha

AG75
09-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
I dont see the game going very well for them.

I like the way you think Venis ;)

Being serious, I don't know what to think about the Jags. For me, there is this fear of the unknown with them. I know Brunell is good, but I do not know about the rest of the team. I could see this game being like last years game against Houston. Hopefully though, the Bills will be prepared, very prepared and ready.

WG
09-09-2003, 09:22 PM
I'm sensing an awful lot of negativity there 1220!

Please try to contain yourself a bit! This isn't the Jags site!

Ð
09-09-2003, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by d1220
You bet they do.. As was stated earlier, it's their home opener, comming off a loss. The 12th man will be a factor there,

Actually It's 11 men and a guy named H. Chad

d1220
09-09-2003, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
I'm sensing an awful lot of negativity there 1220!

Please try to contain yourself a bit! This isn't the Jags site!

:D

socalfan
09-09-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by JayWood
I want to watch TKO work again...the man is a monster and i have not been so anxious to watch player play in a long time. Hey Troy Brown were you introduced to Mr. Spikes on Sunday?...hahahaha

Do you think it may be the reason Brown caught one pass all day??:)

lordofgun
09-09-2003, 09:51 PM
Wy's, you're being a little too positive. Please calm down. :D

LtBillsFan66
09-09-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by JayWood
Iam just as excited about our win on Sunday as everyone else, and i think that the future is very very bright for us but we have to realize that on any given sunday anything can happen...who would have tought that the Phins would lose to the Texans? We have to play hard every snap and not get to comfortable. Yes I think that we should win on Sunday and continue our dominance but only time will tell. TKO, Big Sam/Pat, Drew, Lawyer, E Moulds, and company get the troops together and lets grab another "W"

ditto!

SABURZFAN
09-10-2003, 06:33 AM
this has all of the makings for a BIG letdown by the BILLS.Jax's defense is better than most think.for anybody who forgot,f.taylor is there because of some sluggo that we acquired from the JAGS.

Historian
09-10-2003, 06:49 AM
Any road game is a risk. This could be a nasty sandwich game.
Again, I think the Bills win a close one....24-17.

ublinkwescore
09-10-2003, 07:30 AM
I wonder if Gregg Williams is predicting a win for us like he did the last time we played the Jags.

The Panthers could be this year's surprise team. You gotta remember last year they had a hell of a D, and Stephen Davis will only help them out on O. Are the Panthers really a good team? I don't know, it's too early to tell just yet. I do know that if they do prove to be a good team, then Jacksonville put up a hell of a fight for the Panthers in Carolina. Thus Jacksonville is not a team that we should be taking lightly. And truth be told, we should not take any team lightly on our schedule. We need to gameplan against them all as well as we gameplanned against the Pats and hopefully we'll dominate them all like we did the Pats.

The scary thing about this D is that it is SO damn fast - yet it doesn't overpursue at all. Tampa Bay, look out.

Voltron
09-10-2003, 07:43 AM
I think that we have too much vetren leadership to let the Pats win go to their heads. Lawyer, Fletcher, Spikes, adams on D will keep the D in perspective. Drew, Moulds, Shaw, and Ruben will keep the O in perspective. I am not going to say we will see another shut out but I think we will do enough to win this game.

justasportsfan
09-10-2003, 07:48 AM
On any given Sunday........ If the bills are still pumped like they were Sunday, we will win this. If they take the jags lightly, it could be a long day and the BZ will turn into FH in a split second.

If Flutie was our qb they won't stand a chance. :yikes:

Jan Reimers
09-10-2003, 07:58 AM
We have more talent on both sides of the ball. The Jags have a chance only if we have a letdown.

Billsbabee
09-10-2003, 10:04 AM
Of course they have a chance, but I'd like to think it's a VERY slim one. :D

imbondz
09-10-2003, 10:14 AM
I like Mark Brunnel, but I don't see their OL stopping our D. I predict 6 sacks against Brunnel.

timfromjersey
09-10-2003, 10:25 AM
I expect more of the same defensively as we saw last Sunday. Brunnel is more mobile than Brady (though not as mobil as he once was) but I feel high energy and increase in speed (via the new linbackers) of the defense will cause Brunnel to have a long day!

Offensively, I believe Josh Reed will have a huge bounce back game.

Bills go 3-1 first quarter of the season.