2 catches for 30 yards against Dallas.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/live/NFL_20030907_ATL@DAL

Alluro
09-10-2003, 03:30 PM
welcome to the world of eric moulds, peerless old pale

http://www.fanball.com/newsbreakers.cfm?SCT=3&id=13828

Price miffed at being double-teamed

The News
Peerless Price caught only two passes for 30 yards against the Cowboys on Sunday, and he wasn't happy about it. "It was frustrating being double-teamed," Price told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after the game. "I'm confident the coaching staff will be able to move me around so I don't get double-teamed so much." Coach Dan Reeves concurred. "I think we have to do a better job of getting the ball in Peerless' hands. We had some plays [Sunday] where we should have gotten the ball to him, but didn't."
Our View
We were wondering how well Price would handle the role of No. 1 receiver, and it looks like he'll have to go through some growing pains. Reeves will make some adjustments before next week's game against Washington to get him the ball; possibly using him more in the slot position where it's more difficult to be double-teamed. You should still start Peerless, as he was thrown to around the end zone last week, and this time he might find paydirt.

Novacane
09-10-2003, 03:31 PM
Hey Peerless.....................thats what they do to #1 WR's. Get used to it, whiner!

Mr. Miyagi
09-10-2003, 03:39 PM
:lol: Haven't we been saying that all along? :laughter:

Pride
09-10-2003, 03:40 PM
Yep, exactly as I predicted... he isnt good enough to beat a double team.

TypicalBill
09-10-2003, 03:44 PM
:baby:

RedEyE
09-10-2003, 03:48 PM
In Peerless' defense, he made a great 4th qrtr catch that was critical to the outcome of that game Sunday. Also, Brian Finneran, Atlanta's second WR, was injured mid-game. Peerless was basically working on his own.

L.A. Playa
09-10-2003, 03:55 PM
Peerless is a good player with good skills but any player who sulks and cries because he didnt make the pro bowl and his teamate does is an enigma in the lockerroom and eventually will ruin team unity and chemistry I am glad he is in atlanta now that their # 2 receiver is out too he will have alot of problems and what was he crying about did he think he was better than moulds i would say that he would still be here if he didnt cry about not being in the pro bowl TD just used him to get Mc Gahee and now our bonus is Milloy thanks peerless for being selfish and arrogant you helped us make a super bowl team this year i hope you can get some tickets to the game cause you wont be playing in houston and ohh by the way you wont be in hawaii either ther are some receivers in the nfc named moss and owens that will start every year over you if you ever make the pro bowl and you should thank TD for making you look so good and getting you what you always wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$

RedEyE
09-10-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
Peerless is a good player with good skills but any player who sulks and cries because he didnt make the pro bowl and his teamate does is an enigma in the lockerroom and eventually will ruin team unity and chemistry I am glad he is in atlanta now that their # 2 receiver is out too he will have alot of problems and what was he crying about did he think he was better than moulds i would say that he would still be here if he didnt cry about not being in the pro bowl TD just used him to get Mc Gahee and now our bonus is Milloy thanks peerless for being selfish and arrogant you helped us make a super bowl team this year i hope you can get some tickets to the game cause you wont be playing in houston and ohh by the way you wont be in hawaii either ther are some receivers in the nfc named moss and owens that will start every year over you if you ever make the pro bowl and you should thank TD for making you look so good and getting you what you always wanted $$$$$$$$$$$$

:eek:

Nice points, but could you include punctuation next time?

STAMPY
09-10-2003, 04:00 PM
u need to back off my boy peerless. he contributed a lot here in the city of buffalo for the bills. he was moved for cap reasons. he was a good team guy. similar to milloys move albeit not as disrespectful, we parted ways, to fill our holes on defense. i wish peerless nothing but success as he is my 2nd fave wr is league behind eric moulds of course

Herdwatcher
09-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Alluro
welcome to the world of eric moulds, peerless old pale

http://www.fanball.com/newsbreakers.cfm?SCT=3&id=13828

Price miffed at being double-teamed

The News
Peerless Price caught only two passes for 30 yards against the Cowboys on Sunday, and he wasn't happy about it. "It was frustrating being double-teamed," Price told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution after the game. "I'm confident the coaching staff will be able to move me around so I don't get double-teamed so much." Coach Dan Reeves concurred. "I think we have to do a better job of getting the ball in Peerless' hands. We had some plays [Sunday] where we should have gotten the ball to him, but didn't."
Our View
We were wondering how well Price would handle the role of No. 1 receiver, and it looks like he'll have to go through some growing pains. Reeves will make some adjustments before next week's game against Washington to get him the ball; possibly using him more in the slot position where it's more difficult to be double-teamed. You should still start Peerless, as he was thrown to around the end zone last week, and this time he might find paydirt.

Maybe we can all pitch in and get him some cheese to go with his whine!

L.A. Playa
09-10-2003, 04:07 PM
Hey I respect that you like Peerless, but if he really wanted to win and be in Buffalo he would be here. He had one good year and is overrated and also Peerless doesnt care about Buffalo he only cares about Peerless. I respect that but I dont respect him leaving so he could "win" ??? With or without Vick his best chance to win was in Buffalo remember his coaches Dan Reeves and Wade Phillips not really the best in the NFL

RedEyE
09-10-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by pmacla
Hey I respect that you like Peerless, but if he really wanted to win and be in Buffalo he would be here. He had one good year and is overrated and also Peerless doesnt care about Buffalo he only cares about Peerless. I respect that but I dont respect him leaving so he could "win" ??? With or without Vick his best chance to win was in Buffalo remember his coaches Dan Reeves and Wade Phillips not really the best in the NFL

Thank you. Much better.

:up:

L.A. Playa
09-10-2003, 04:10 PM
Another point he had 2 catches for 30 yards against Dallas
What is he gonna do when they play Tampa Bay????
I smell a hamstring pull for peerless when they play Tampa Bay

STAMPY
09-10-2003, 04:26 PM
dallas actually has a top 5 secondary in league including roy williams and darren woodsen. secondary not saying total defense or nething. isn't what price did the same exact thing milloy did. the bills wanted him to take a paycut? i could be wrong. he wanted his money and also an opportunity to be a number 1... which he will do well at when given some time... i wish he was still here, but its better for us he's not cause it allowed us to upgrade... but i don't think peerless deserves the bashing you guys are giving him... ONCE A BILL ALWAYS A BILL unless your ROB JOHNSON lol

SoCalBillsFan
09-10-2003, 04:28 PM
I like peerless, he played hard here, I hope he does well the rest of his career.

ublinkwescore
09-10-2003, 05:55 PM
I could care less about the guy personally. TD was willing to work out a contract with him, but Price made it clear that he didn't want to be here.

Oh well, the grass is always greener on the other side - right Peerless?

L.A. Playa
09-10-2003, 06:12 PM
First of all who is Dallas's corners????? Roy Williams is still young has potential, key word potential. Peerless was not geeting a paycut by the Bills he was a free agent and I beleive the Bills offered him $3 million a year not a paycut he made $500,000 last year I beleive. Wish i could get a raise 6 times my previous salary with one good year. Also, Peerless was not cut Milloy was and Milloy was a team leader, Peerless was a team cry baby. And befor you talk about how bad Josh Reed looked last year lets remember how many balls Peerless dropped in pressure situations last year. He is no where near Eric Moulds class and should not be paid like he is. Peerless has disappeared in big games since he was at Tennessee. You can like him I am just happy he is not on the Bills anymore. So by you rationale of once a Bill always a Bill do you think O.J. should be invited back to celebrate the 2,000 yard season ???

STAMPY
09-10-2003, 07:13 PM
ok question? if he was a free agent... Why was he traded in offseason for a draft pick. he was still under contract. or at least an ristricted free agent. if he was free we'd get nothing for him

L.A. Playa
09-10-2003, 07:29 PM
we put the franchise tag on him then we signed him to the contract for atlanta and got atlanta's first round pick if he signed with us he would have been paid only $500,000 less for this year he left for the signing bonus
ie he left for the money only
milloy's case is totally different new england did not want to honor the contract he signed years earlier

casdhf
09-10-2003, 08:28 PM
Price is good, he's not a 1 and not a 2...more like a 1.5

TigerJ
09-10-2003, 10:45 PM
pmacla's posts are not easy to read, but he's essentially correct. PP's contract had expired. PP complained that he was not a #1 receiver in Buffalo, and would never be as long as Moulds is here (he recognizes that EM is a better receiver). He wanted to be able to go find a team and negotiate a rich contract. Buffalo franchized him and eventually worked the deal where PP got a contract he liked and a team he wanted to play for. In essence, TD made the best of a difficult situation that PP created because of his whining and turned it into a win-win for everyone. Atlanta got a receiver it wanted. Buffalo got a draft choice (Willis McGahee) and PP has a chance to be the center of attention. I don't begrudge PP anything, but the reality is #1 receivers get doubled. PP evidently wants his cake and eat it too.