PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin fans

The Spaz
09-10-2003, 06:09 PM
Hey Dolphin fans you've just been named the most fickle fans in the NFL by both Sean Salisbury and Bryan Cox. I was watching NFL Live and they were asking questions and one of them was who has the most fickle fans in the NFL and they both responded simoutaneously Dolphin fans. Bryan's reason is becasue most people who live there aren't from there and Sean said just because most people down there just don't care. Lets here it Dolphin fan defend yourselves....lmao!:)

SABURZFAN
09-10-2003, 06:25 PM
:lmao:

i better break out the rowboat.the tears will flood the BFZ.i advise the Admins to break out the submersible pumps too.

Jan Reimers
09-11-2003, 06:06 AM
The Fin fans who post here are probably the most loyal. I've met MDFINFAN, for instance, and he's as true a Fin fan as any of us are Bills fans. Let's not brand all Fin fans as fickle.

Tatonka
09-11-2003, 07:31 AM
if the shoe fits.

eyedog
09-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Bandwagon fans. Everybody loves a winner. I hate to say it but there are a lot of Buffalo bandwagon fans also. You watch this year, if this team is as good as we think it is, they will come from everywhere. Where were they two years ago when the Bills were 3-13 ?

The Spaz
09-11-2003, 08:37 AM
There probably are some bandwagon Bills fans but I'm proud to say I've been a Bills fan since I was born so that's 25 years and going!:)

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2003, 08:40 AM
I heard that too!!!!

Didn't Salisbury say, "They have real fans?". He said something like that!

eyedog
09-11-2003, 08:41 AM
As are most of the die hard fans on this site. I'm talking about the people who will come out who have been in hiding for a couple of years.

The Spaz
09-11-2003, 08:42 AM
I hear you there are plenty who jumped off the bandwagon after those super bowl losses and will be will to jump back on soon enough!

Phins054
09-11-2003, 09:47 AM
Who the F*** cares what Sean "No talent" Salisbury thinks?!? If we have no fans then why is our merchandise a high seller? I live in TX and see quite a few people running around in Jerseys Hats and T shirts here. I 've heard all about the "fair weather" fans we had in S. FL and really don't believe it. We may not have the biggest fan base in the world, but we have a solid consistent franchise.

Personally I think there are a few other teams out there with worse fans.

Philly - rabid yes but very poor manners
SD - years of mediocrity have soured the locals. Team moving???
STL - until they were going to the SB I don't remember hearing anything about them.
Indy - Seans old team...I wonder how many Indy fans he scared off... :D

As for Bryan...He played for the team and may have a better perspective team wise, but about the fans, his explanation seems logical but how many times did he get booed in his own stadium?!? Even when one of his ill timed penalties cost us a game or a big play???

TedMock
09-11-2003, 09:55 AM
I know this sounds strange but I've yet to meet a bandwagon Bills fan. I'm 30 years old and myself, my family and my friends have always been die hard. We sat through 2-14 season ticket years in the 80's and I got pissed off every single week 2 seasons ago. I was in euphoria in the early 90's and I can feel coming on again. I'm well aware of the fact that season tickets sales are up this year so I guess that could very well be the bandwagon.

LtBillsFan66
09-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
I know this sounds strange but I've yet to meet a bandwagon Bills fan. I'm 30 years old and myself, my family and my friends have always been die hard. We sat through 2-14 season ticket years in the 80's and I got pissed off every single week 2 seasons ago. I was in euphoria in the early 90's and I can feel coming on again. I'm well aware of the fact that season tickets sales are up this year so I guess that could very well be the bandwagon.

I've met plenty, unfortunately. Every team in every sport has them.

Buckets
09-11-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
There probably are some bandwagon Bills fans but I'm proud to say I've been a Bills fan since I was born so that's 25 years and going!:)

So you're a newbie fan (25 years ha!)

:gobills:

The Spaz
09-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Buckets

So you're a newbie fan (25 years ha!)

:gobills:

WTF are you talking about?:drinker:

don137
09-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Phins054
If we have no fans then why is our merchandise a high seller? I live in TX and see quite a few people running around in Jerseys Hats and T shirts here. .

Well the dollar store has to sell something....:D

justasportsfan
09-11-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Phins054
I 've heard all about the "fair weather" fans we had in S. FL and really don't believe it.

Check out Finheaven. They make the french look like Samurai's.

PhinPhan1227
09-11-2003, 12:14 PM
Blah blah blah...tired old argument. If Phin fans are bandwagoners...exactly what reason have they had for jumping onboard? We haven't won a Superbowl in almost 30 years....yet we always average in the top 10 for merchandise sales. If you want to call Phin fans spoiled, I'll agree with you...but they aren't fickle. I've never seen a Dolphins fan switch teams. I've seen them piss and moan about a lot of thngs...but I've never seen anyone switch teams from the Phins.

justasportsfan
09-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Blah blah blah...tired old argument. If Phin fans are bandwagoners...exactly what reason have they had for jumping onboard? We haven't won a Superbowl in almost 30 years....yet we always average in the top 10 for merchandise sales. If you want to call Phin fans spoiled, I'll agree with you...but they aren't fickle. I've never seen a Dolphins fan switch teams. I've seen them piss and moan about a lot of thngs...but I've never seen anyone switch teams from the Phins.

I think the fins have a solid fans base. But they also have one of the most fairweathered fans as well.

Buckets
09-11-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

WTF are you talking about?:drinker:

Lets see...... how about 43 years! Most of you are newcommers.

Just kidding

I will admit most of you guys know your football. Some seem to have memorized the stat books. Impressive.

:fishfry: :gobills:

snow1989
09-11-2003, 12:29 PM
New here and to the boards, but will throw my lousy "two-cents" in for what its worth. Simple fact is, every team has its die-hard and fair-weather fans...and it most likely will always be this way
:deadhorse:

imbondz
09-11-2003, 12:41 PM
welcome to the BFZ snow1989 :welcome: