• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bert102176
    • Aug 2002

this said about Bledsoe on espn.com

Friday, September 20

Bledsoe has been better than advertised

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Greg Garber
    ESPN.com

BUFFALO -- The Bills made their bones by reaching four straight Super Bowls from 1990 through '93, but they haven't reached the AFC Championship since. After making the playoffs in four of five seasons, the last two years have been particularly gruesome.

Jim Kelly, the Hall of Fame quarterback, had retired, and in 2000 the team was traumatized by the Doug Flutie-Rob Johnson controversy. Last year, the Johnson-Alex Van Pelt tandem led Buffalo to a 3-13 record, an embarrassing fall from grace for the once-mighty Bills.

But now, with the addition of a single player, the cloud over Ralph Wilson Stadium has lifted. With Drew Bledsoe under center, the supremely energized 1-1 Bills, who visit Denver on Sunday, believe they are in every game.

More....

lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Great article Bert (it was also on our front page)
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• ublinkwescore
      Sab and TD are insignificant
      • Sep 2002

I read that one earlier today, I had to read it again... This year and next year could very well be our years - what the heck, I'd love to see us go four years to the big game in a row, and win them all with Bledsoe under center. Sorry Jim, would have loved to have seen it with you and Reed, and Thomas, and Smith, but the NFC was just too powerful - with the exception of the cowboys - who were nothing more then substance abusing morons. Our four year superbowl run is nothing to be ashamed of... Every year, teams win the superbowl - we've beaten the record for most consecutive superbowl appearances by 2x.
      www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• DIHARD2
        • Sep 2002

This is a fantastic article.

What a way to get the point across, that we are not only a team with a quarterback that has attitude, but also a quarterback with a team that has attitude.

GO!!!...BUFFALO!!!...
        "The right of free speech is the God given right of each man to make an ass of himself." B Franklin

Comment

• northernbillfan
          Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

But now, with the addition of a single player, the cloud over Ralph Wilson Stadium has lifted.
          It was a hell of a lot more than just the addition of one player. There were some major additions to the team this past off season, and yes, the cloud has been lifted from our hearts!

3 from the Bills roster were named players of the week, Bledsoe offense, Hollis special teams, and Reed getting ROW honors. That has to say something about us.

The whole team rallied behind Drew last week cause he didn't want to let go of the game...EVER. His desire to show the league something has infected the whole team.

GO BILLS
          GO STAPLE GUN
          When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

I don't know, nbf. Sure we added more players than just Drew....but think about it. I for one thought we'd have a decent season before the trade for Drew when it looked like we'd go with AVP teaching someone like Patrick Ramsey. Once Drew came to town, we all got excited...because he's the first really legitimate PLAYER at QB we've had since Kelly retired.
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
              short bus extraordinaire
              • Jul 2002

i hope they didn't jinx drew.
              Originally posted by yordad
              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Wys Guy
                Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                • Jul 2002

For the record, we were better than the Giants in '90 too. We were just outcoached!

I still think we'd have won more games this season w/ a couple of high-profile DL acquisitions. If we spend anything other than a late draft pick on O, we're crazy this year. We'll need to use the entire draft for D and our FAcy capacity too. Otherwise we won't be in it next season either.

I'm still a little beside myself as to how/why TD/GW thought we'd be fine w/o any DL adds. It's crazy...
                Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

Working...
                X