PDA

View Full Version : whose in better playing shape?

STAMPY
09-10-2003, 09:03 PM
junior seau or our boy former bills legend bruce smith... I say Bruce is got still more in tank... i heard he's like 3 away from record. Reggie "i'm a racist" Whites record. i hope when bruce is done playing and wants to retire... we do what we did with thurman thomas and sign him to a one day contract so he can retire a bill

Jan Reimers
09-11-2003, 06:12 AM
Bruce is hanging on to get the sack record. Junior is hanging on to help ruin the Fins' season.

TypicalBill
09-11-2003, 06:35 AM
:lol:

ryven
09-11-2003, 08:44 AM
So bruce has no affect on us and we win with seau ruining the fins.

Jan Reimers
09-11-2003, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by ryven
So bruce has no affect on us and we win with seau ruining the fins.

That's my fervent hope.

Billsbabee
09-11-2003, 09:03 AM
I haven't seen Junior play but I did see Bruce in the season opener and remember commenting a couple times how he whiffed pretty bad on some plays. He did get a 1/2 sack though. I just don't think Bruce has much left at all.

Bulldog
09-11-2003, 09:22 AM
Both Bruce and Junior are perfect example of stars who have stayed in the game too long and should have retired a couple years ago. Hell, Bruce doesen't even look 75% of what he used to be. Pretty sad if you ask me.

TedMock
09-11-2003, 09:50 AM
I live in the DC area and everyone I talk to out here hates Bruce. A guy the other day said he's sick and tired of Bruce complaining about "too much" during training camp and he also said Bruce should worry about lining up instead of waving his hands up trying to get the crowd involved. I told him he always did that...the whole 12th man thing does work. But he argued that 10 years ago Bruce was able to do that and still make a play. Now he's waving his hands and before he gets in his stance the play is going by him! It's funny how revered he was in Buffalo and how hated he is in DC. They still do the Bruuuuce chant though. Although I'd bet it's a lot of the upstate/western NY'ers living down here.

TigerJ
09-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Left tackles just ride Bruce to the outside. He arrives at the QB about two steps after the ball is gone. He's gonna have to line up across some pretty bad left tackles to get those last three. That said, I wouldn't mind him retiring as a Bill next season.

justasportsfan
09-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Seau is only haging on to play the Chargers.

bernielivsey_1
09-11-2003, 05:30 PM
After we have a bif enough lead over the Skins we should give him a few sacks on AVP to help him along like Brett did for Strahan.