• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Will the optimism hurt this team?

So the Bills looked good on Sunday. They have gotten incredible press lately- even in the early 90's, no one talked about them like this (at least not that I recall).

My concerns: No team can really be as good as the Bills looked on Sunday, and they will become overconfident and lose their edge. Is anyone else worried about this?
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

I don't think we should be too worried.
    We have veterans in Spikes, Adams, Malloy, Fletcher, Bledsoe, Moulds, Ruben, and Gash who will set the tone and keep their teammates focused on the goal directly ahead. With the exception of Spikes, they all know how to win in the NFL (and TKO is so sick of losing he's putting forth such a big effort into winning that he'll be a big help).
    Besides, as I've said before, they were looking at their mistakes after the Opener.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• mikemac2001
      is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
      • Mar 2003

i think they will have let downs but i still feel like 12-4 13-3 our Div isnt good i think we atleast win 6 of those....then we get wins againist jags dallas cincy and houston....that leaves us 10-2 with philly titans redskins giants. and i think we can hang with them....count redskins as win but you never know i like there D. giants also so it would be close im thinkign 12-4 which id take

MUCK
      FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Good points- but this weekend is still a big test
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

i dont see it Jags D is better but i just think we are gonna shut down Taylor with Ease and just sit back and get 4 more int's ....I dont think the jags O can beat our D and there D stop our O...I feel this is an easy win im looking for a 28 pt win....but if we do turn it over i say we still win by 14 but u never know its the NFL

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'd take 12-4 too- that will easily win the AFCE
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

No let down's! Yes we will lose, but not because we took the other team lightly. For those at the game Sunday, the announcers said in the DB's meeting on Friday, the group was watching tape of one of the New England game from last year. One of our DB's got run over by a Pat. Some of the players were laughing, when Molloy said "that he didn't think it was funny and that it was Fiday and there is NO laughing on Fridays all the way until after the game on Sunday."

It's leadership like this that will keep us focused and grounded!

Remember we have a player at DL, LB, DB, FB, and QB all with a
              SB ring. That's a lot of butt kicking everyweek to stay the course!
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• honey
                • Aug 2002

Originally posted by mikemac2001
                i dont see it Jags D is better but i just think we are gonna shut down Taylor with Ease and just sit back and get 4 more int's ....I dont think the jags O can beat our D and there D stop our O...I feel this is an easy win im looking for a 28 pt win....but if we do turn it over i say we still win by 14 but u never know its the NFL

Oh, please don't jinx us by saying it's an easy win. "Any Given Sunday", you know.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIK5F4zRN0Y

Comment

• imbondz
                  Democrats are people too
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  So the Bills looked good on Sunday. They have gotten incredible press lately- even in the early 90's, no one talked about them like this (at least not that I recall).

What? The press the early nineties Bills got was awesome the first two SuperBowl years.

My concerns: No team can really be as good as the Bills looked on Sunday, and they will become overconfident and lose their edge. Is anyone else worried about this?
                  Not at all. I think the Bills are going to get better. Alot of the game was riding on emotion. I think that later in the year, they are going to settle down and realize how good they really are. All great teams have confidence. THey go into every game thinking that no team can beat them. That's what the Bills need.
                  Last edited by imbondz; 09-10-2003, 10:24 PM.
                  My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                    • Aug 2002

I think the optimism will hurt the fans more. Fans are already predicting 12-4, 13-3 (not just you Mikemac) when The Bills have yet to prove they can win on the road, win a prime time game, or beat the teams they should beat. WAY TOO EARLY for anything except this Sundays game.

The Bills WERE that good for that game. The emotion, the players, the coaches, everyone wanting to perform for the Home opener and win against a team they haven't beaten in the 5 previous attempts. Will they be that good against every team? No. Once teams start to settle down and get into the regular season groove the wins will not come that easy. Let's not forget Del Rio coached the Carolina defense last year and I believe they finished 1st. in the league, The Eagles were in th NFC Championship game, Then there's the Titans, KC, NYG and Indy. Oh yeah, the Texans. They may not be a very good team, but they can't be taken for granted. The Bills came close to losing that game last year, and they took advantage of a team that paid them no respect in week one. The Bills still have 5 more division games and Washington who has 4 ex Jets willing to tell all and BS who will want to perform in front of the crowd.
                    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by honey
                      "Any Given Sunday", you know.
                      Good movie
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X