Bills willing to host MNF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Bills willing to host MNF?

This is a departure from Ralph's statements earlier. I hope it happens at least once next season!

(thursday season opener would be cool)

Bills' rising stock will bring night games into play

[Buffalo News] Bills President and General Manager Tom Donahoe reports the Bills are willing to host a Monday night game. I was surprised they didn't get one this year, after their improvement last season. The schedule comes out about April 1. I'd bet if the schedule came out June 1, after all the offseason player movement occurred - which isn't feasible - they would have been given one. The last home Monday night game was way back in 1994, against Denver
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I heard a rumor on the radio this morning.

Turns out that there is a Hurricane heading straight for Miami. We all know that these things change paths, but if it doesn't, it's possible it could hit Miami next Sunday. The same nite we play in Miami.

Well the rumor is that the NFL is looking into possibly switching the Bills/Phins games this season so that we'd get the Sunday nighter next week and Miami would be home in December!.

Like I said, it's just a rumor, but I could see the league doing it, if the danger exists!

I’d miss having Miami in the cold, but I’d love to have a night home game against the Fins. CRAZY!!!!!
    Last edited by Patrick76777; 09-11-2003, 08:25 AM.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

That kind of change would make it very difficult for those of us that travel long distances to the Ralph.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryven
        • Jan 2003

It could affect our game I just hope it turns north otherwise all of south florida is going to feel it and I live in southwest florida.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

I live about 5 minutes from the stadium. I'm good to go. A sunday nighter would be sweet!
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• eyedog
            • Jul 2002

Are you kidding about this hurricane ? I can't believe this. I've already paid for flight, hotel ,and tickets for next Sunday nights game.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Look at the weather channel yourself!:)

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

Looking at the projected path, it looks like it's going to hit next Friday or so, but what do I know, I'm no Meteorologist!

But I could see the league changing the game just to be on the safe side.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                  • Oct 2002

Is this just a rumor or has there really been talks about changing the venue?
                  LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

• ryven
                    • Jan 2003

patrick you may not be a meteorologist but its like predicting how much snow buffaflo will get there. there is no answer untill it happens but there a good chance that there are going to get hit hard if they get hit by the time it gets here it will probably be a cat.5 hurricane.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

It's happened before - the league has moved/swapped dates for football for safety reasons or just after a storm.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Just checked the schedule, Buffalo and Miami DO NOT share a common bye week- usually that's the first option

Comment

• Patrick76777
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                          It's happened before - the league has moved/swapped dates for football for safety reasons or just after a storm.

That's why I think it could happen!
                          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

The League will probably hold off any decisons until next Wed/ Thur

Comment

• fabolouspaul
                              • Oct 2002

Man, I would love to see the Bills at home on Primetime. The people across the US needs to hear how loud we are!!
                              LA needs a football team so that I can watch a Bills game live.

Comment

Working...
                              X