PDA

View Full Version : From Your Italian Bills. Read This Pls

TheItalianBills
09-11-2003, 04:36 PM
I wish to ask you this: can someone of you help to get the tape of this game pls: BILLS vs OILERS playoff '93 38-35. The greates game ever. That night i crashed my head against my friend's head!! Pls...HELP ME TO FIND IT!!!

Dozerdog
09-11-2003, 04:38 PM
No problem- we got it on DVD

Gunzlingr
09-11-2003, 04:39 PM
remember in Europe they don't use NTSC format televisions, they use PAL. I don't know if this affects DVD, but I do know that there is a big difference in VHS.

TheItalianBills
09-11-2003, 04:40 PM
Can you contact me? On Icq maybe...or on msn hotmail, you just tell me how,so we could talk about that. Thanks a lot

TheItalianBills
09-11-2003, 04:40 PM
I know that format is different but maybe not for DVD stuff. What you think?

Dozerdog
09-11-2003, 04:42 PM
I don't know-

Does your computer have a DVD player? It should work on that

TheItalianBills
09-11-2003, 04:44 PM
Sure my computer has a DVD player!! I'm from Italy...not CONGO.
Anyway....pls answer me: could we chat in stuff as ICQ or MSN?

Dozerdog
09-11-2003, 04:47 PM
MSN IM me at Dozerdoggy@aol.com

TheItalianBills
09-11-2003, 04:52 PM
But sorry: i tried with AOL to reach you filling your aol email address, but the server told me that can locate a member with that address. I talked about ICQ or MSN Messenger by Hotmail. You tell me pal.

Gunzlingr
09-11-2003, 04:53 PM
I know there is no region encoding, since you burned the disc yourself. Here is a website with a little bit of explanation between the two.

http://www.michaeldvd.com.au/Articles/PALvsNTSC/PALvsNTSC.asp

Demon
09-11-2003, 04:55 PM
DVD's work the same, in Buffalo, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Congo....... i hope you get my point.

VCR's have different formats, but you can take an American formated VCR to a VCR repair shop and they can switch it. I do it all the time with tapes from Europe, i got a freind who works at a repair shop. All it is, is a 2 inlet VCR, you place the Euro format tape in one and an empty American formatted tape in the other, and just record it.

I also send a tape to Poland once and they did the same. It won't cost more then $10 to get the format changed.

All you need to do is go to a shop and ask them if they can tape an american fotmated tape into Euro style, and they will most likey say yes they have the technology, if not, they will send you to another place. Those machines arn't high tech and are pretty cheap to buy on the black market anyways so most places have them.

Earthquake Enyart
09-11-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by TheItalianBills
Sure my computer has a DVD player!! I'm from Italy...not CONGO.

:rofl:

Gunzlingr
09-11-2003, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Demon
DVD's work the same, in Buffalo, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Congo....... i hope you get my point.

VCR's have different formats, but you can take an American formated VCR to a VCR repair shop and they can switch it. I do it all the time with tapes from Europe, i got a freind who works at a repair shop. All it is, is a 2 inlet VCR, you place the Euro format tape in one and an empty American formatted tape in the other, and just record it.

I also send a tape to Poland once and they did the same. It won't cost more then $10 to get the format changed.

All you need to do is go to a shop and ask them if they can tape an american fotmated tape into Euro style, and they will most likey say yes they have the technology, if not, they will send you to another place. Those machines arn't high tech and are pretty cheap to buy on the black market anyways so most places have them.

From what I have read, the most that will happen is it may be in black and white, or the picture may roll. If anything happens. :dk:

SABURZFAN
09-11-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Demon
It won't cost more then $10 to get the format changed.

where's luca?i gotta know how many Lira that is.i'm guessing $17000-18000 Lira.

TheItalianBills
09-11-2003, 05:12 PM
Oh guys...you are great!!! Anyway, if you wanna an italian friend, you can reach me here: giulio_71@hotmail.com. This is my MSN Messenger by Hotmail contact. :-) See ya

SABURZFAN
09-11-2003, 05:22 PM
Oh guys...you are great!!! Anyway, if you wanna an italian friend, you can reach me here: giulio_71@hotmail.com. This is my MSN Messenger by Hotmail contact. :-) See ya

HEY!!!!!where did my wallet go?

Demon
09-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by gunzlingr

From what I have read, the most that will happen is it may be in black and white, or the picture may roll. If anything happens. :dk:

I guess it matters where you go. When i get mine re-formatted, i get it in color and the picture is nice. I got a bunch of tapes re-formatted, from soccer games to my causins wedding and when i send my family in Poland tapes, they say the picture is good too with color.

I get mine done for free lol, i bought my freind some beer so he does this for me.

JJamezz
09-11-2003, 07:34 PM
It absolutely does matter - any video product you buy will be region coded - DVD, VHS, video games...

Some DVD players, XBOX & PS2 can be hacked to handle multi-region discs, but even that's useless unless you have the proper type of television. And gunz is exactly right - if you get any picture at all, it will be b&w, with some rolling, and probably will be shifted about halfway across the screen.

Fortunately on the PC it doesn't matter, so our Italian friend should have no trouble.

STAMPY
09-11-2003, 08:08 PM
i'd lovev a copy of that game... how much

Demon
09-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by JJamezz
It absolutely does matter - any video product you buy will be region coded - DVD, VHS, video games...

Some DVD players, XBOX & PS2 can be hacked to handle multi-region discs, but even that's useless unless you have the proper type of television. And gunz is exactly right - if you get any picture at all, it will be b&w, with some rolling, and probably will be shifted about halfway across the screen.

Fortunately on the PC it doesn't matter, so our Italian friend should have no trouble.

Disks for Playstations do matter, because the playstations have a different lazer format.

If you send a DVD video to the kid in Milan, and he puts it into his DVD drive on his computer or go to his freinds house and watch it on his DVD system, he will still be able to watch it. I know i am 110% right on this, i would even bet money on it. I do it all the time.

DVD's will work anywhere around the world. Video Games and VCR's have the different formats. Another reason why games have different formats is so people don't buy them in Europe like Czech or Poland where $1 = $4 in Poland, and buy games and sell them in USA for a good profit.

Although, it's pretty simple to change the disk. But you take alot of risk of ruining the whole game.

justasportsfan
09-11-2003, 09:11 PM

Bingo! It will work on the computer however, if his computer is made in Italy , the commentating will be in Italian....Mingga!

JJamezz
09-11-2003, 09:16 PM
I don't feel like arguing with you man, but you're wrong... DVD's are region encoded just like VHS, XBOX, PS2...

Like I said, a person in Europe will be able to play an NTSC disc on their PC, but if they try it in a European made PAL DVD player and more importantly, on a PAL TV, it will not play correctly, if at all.

I'm not sure what the new PS2 laser format is either - thats news to me... PS2, XBOX, and every other DVD player use the same types of lasers, with some slight variations as far as what discs can be read - the PS2 has (or had) a dual laser, one to read DVD, one for CD- but the laser has absolutely nothing to do with region coding.

As far as why it exists at all, theres 2 reasons - one, so movie studios & game co's can schedule their releases at different times in different parts of the world and two, so they can set different pricing in different parts of the world.

JJamezz
09-11-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

Bingo! It will work on the computer however, if his computer is made in Italy , the commentating will be in Italian....Mingga!

:lol:

SABURZFAN
09-11-2003, 09:17 PM

i wonder what the commentating would be in Congo.:huh:

justasportsfan
09-11-2003, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN

i wonder what the commentating would be in Congo.:huh:

bonggo drums

imbondz
09-11-2003, 10:36 PM
Jjamezz couldn't be more right :up:

LOL @ Justa. Mingya is one of my favorite words!!!

imbondz
09-11-2003, 10:37 PM
bonggo drums

:rofl:

The_Philster
09-12-2003, 03:01 AM
I don't feel like arguing with you man, but you're wrong... DVD's are region encoded just like VHS, XBOX, PS2...

This is true. When the series Buffy The Vampire Slayer came out on DVD, it first came out in a different region code than the one we use in the US. It was a couple of months later that we could get that show on DVD for ourselves.

TheItalianBills
09-12-2003, 05:56 AM
So guys? What's the truth? Could i see that DVDs they are sending me or not?

justasportsfan
09-12-2003, 09:17 AM

On the computer yes, it will work. ON a stand alone dvd no. regional codes in the US will not work w/ European dvd's.

Anyway, if you wanna an italian friend, you can reach me here: giulio_71@hotmail.com. Thanks but no offense. I live in Rochester now a.k.a little Chicago. I work w/ 50 people w/ surnames ending in a vowel. If you have cute female Italian friends, I'll be your best buddy. :D

DrewBledsoeDynasty
09-12-2003, 09:31 AM
Caro Giulio,

se non hai capito, questa gente te dica che puoi comprare il DVD dai stati uniti e quando te lo manda in italia, lo porti al negozio di video e te lo cambia.....

devi cercare per un sito di football americano che lo vende.

Sorry guys, had to direct him the right way, before he kept on using that busted up english to confuse everyone.

Go Bills!!!!!!

e forza azzurri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

justasportsfan
09-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by DrewBledsoeDynasty
Caro Giulio,

se non hai capito, questa gente te dica che puoi comprare il DVD dai stati uniti e quando te lo manda in italia, lo porti al negozio di video e te lo cambia.....

Sorry guys, had to direct him the right way, before he kept on using that busted up english to confuse everyone.

Go Bills!!!!!!

welcome.

imbondz
09-12-2003, 09:47 AM
Caro Giulio,

Go Bills!!!!!!

DrewBledsoeDynasty is a great screen name. Hope it comes true.

colin
09-12-2003, 09:59 AM

This is not entirely correct.

Video tapes and analog video signals are in different formats in different parts of the world.

DVD disks are all digital video, so they don't have the same compatibility problems.

There are region codes on MOST, but NOT ALL DVD players. Regions are identified on the DVD, it is possible for a DVD to have no region code, meaning it can be played on any player.

Xbox's, PS2's, and many other DVD players can be "hacked" to play games, dvds, and video disks from any region.

SABURZFAN
09-12-2003, 10:06 AM

ewe r purdy flewint wit italyun?

The Spaz
09-12-2003, 10:09 AM
I think I Would take JJ's advice, he does this stuff for a living!:)

justasportsfan
09-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by The Spaz
I think I Would take JJ's advice, he does this stuff for a living!:)

So did I. I worked for a huge Electronics store for 4 years. Tons of Europeans came in looking for MUlti systems just so that if they bought anything in the US , it would work for them. DVD's are regional coded. Take my word.

There are some dvd's (apex had it) that can handle mutli codes. However, unless our italian friend has it, it won't work for him except if he played it via the computer.

Demon
09-12-2003, 10:51 AM
I am 100% sure i am correct. I'v tried it! I know people in the buisness who fix VCR's, DVD's, sterio's and i asked them. My family in Poland send me Polish movies on DVD all the time and me or my parents watch them on OUR DVD player down stairs and we once send them a DVD movie because my freind was majoring English so we send him english movies that we bought at Target and they worked on HIS DVD Player.

Video Games WILL NOT work in Europe if you buy them in the USA and they will NOT work if you buy them in Europe and send them to USA. I dont know exackly why, but one reason is to stop pirating of video games. Esspicially since alot of video games come out in Asia and Europe before they do in the USA. Movies come out in USA before they do in Europe.

Like i said, I do it ALL the time. Maybe the last 10 times i did it i was lucky and maybe my freind who works at a shop is wrong.... i donno, all i know is, i do it all the time and it works and i am interested in electronics so i have a pretty good idea too, just like my freind who works but hes a pro at fixing stuff so he knows lot more.

Best idea to end this discussion, we split a DVD movie 50% each, and we will send it to Italy and he will tell us if it works on his DVD player or not.

Demon
09-12-2003, 10:55 AM

Don't listen to them man. lol

You will be able to see it at home on your tv if you have a dvd player. Trust me.

Cntrygal
09-12-2003, 06:11 PM
All I know on the subject is.... when a guy at work bought a DVD off base in South Korea, it would'nt work on our AMERICAN dvd players that we bought on the base (that comes from the states).

Other than that..... Welcome DBDynasty!!!! :)

BillsFever
09-12-2003, 06:22 PM
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night.

CanadianBill11
09-13-2003, 11:12 AM
JJamezz, you make great highlight packages. How do you get the whole game on your computer? Or, do you just download those highlights from another page and put them together and add music?