X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajsdx
    • Aug 2003

Henry Fumble

I just found out that Henry's fumble in Week 1 is being charged to Bledsoe. Personally, I'm pretty sure it was more Henry than Bledsoe, despite #11's postgame comments about it. But has anyone heard anything on why Henry fumbles so much? He's tough and strong. I've heard him compared to Ahman Green, but Green has a hyperhydrosis problem which causes him to fumble because he sweats too much. Does Henry just need more experience? A fumble like that in our own zone could kill us in a close game (i.e. Broncos game last season).

btw, this site is awesome -- i don't meet too many bills fans down in NC. keep up the good work.
  • SABURZFAN
    short bus extraordinaire
    • Jul 2002

Re: Henry Fumble

Originally posted by ajsdx
    I just found out that Henry's fumble in Week 1 is being charged to Bledsoe. Personally, I'm pretty sure it was more Henry than Bledsoe, despite #11's postgame comments about it. But has anyone heard anything on why Henry fumbles so much?
    i hope Wheat Toast doesn't find this thread.
    Originally posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

I think we need to give it some time....seven weeks to McGahee anyway. So if Travis can't hold onto the ball he better watch out.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Nope, I watched it over and over again and so did the stat people. It was put on Drew Bledsoe because it was a bad handoff.

Comment

• madness23
          • Apr 2003

I totally agree. Bledsoe shoulders the blame on that one.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i personally disagree completely.. it hit henry in the gut. how does that fall on bledsoe?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• madness23
              • Apr 2003

Drew messed up the timing on the hand off.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

maybe.. but how? it wasnt like he stumbled or something.. i mean.. he hiked it, turned and put it in henrys gut.. it was clearly between both his arms and against his stomach.. at that point, it is on henry imho..

i see that like a wr tipping a ball in the air to get picked off.. it goes on the qb, but it was the wrs fault.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• venis2k1
                  Youboty can hope
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Henry Fumble

But has anyone heard anything on why Henry fumbles so much?
                  small hands.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

you know what they say about guys with small hands....

small gloves.

Comment

• madness23
                      • Apr 2003

Heck I don't know. Last time I check I'm not a NFL anlyst.(I can't believe I'm knocking myself) That's just what I heard. Drew likes to take the blame anyway. We don't need to be messing with TH's mind this early in the season.

Comment

• ajsdx
                        • Aug 2003

Looking at the replay a couple more times, I guess I could see how it's on Bledsoe. But I think Henry should have held on anyway. I'm just glad the biggest worry I have about after the game is whose fault the fumble is on.

Comment

• juice
                          • Aug 2003

Timing is a major factor, each play has a certain progression any change in timing causes problems or in this case a fumble. Bowl bound baby!!!! NC BillsSouth

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

I'm just glad the biggest worry I have about after the game is whose fault the fumble is on.
                            i hear that!

Comment

Working...
                            X