PDA

View Full Version : Henry Fumble

ajsdx
09-11-2003, 08:18 PM
I just found out that Henry's fumble in Week 1 is being charged to Bledsoe. Personally, I'm pretty sure it was more Henry than Bledsoe, despite #11's postgame comments about it. But has anyone heard anything on why Henry fumbles so much? He's tough and strong. I've heard him compared to Ahman Green, but Green has a hyperhydrosis problem which causes him to fumble because he sweats too much. Does Henry just need more experience? A fumble like that in our own zone could kill us in a close game (i.e. Broncos game last season).

btw, this site is awesome -- i don't meet too many bills fans down in NC. keep up the good work.

SABURZFAN
09-11-2003, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by ajsdx
I just found out that Henry's fumble in Week 1 is being charged to Bledsoe. Personally, I'm pretty sure it was more Henry than Bledsoe, despite #11's postgame comments about it. But has anyone heard anything on why Henry fumbles so much?

i hope Wheat Toast doesn't find this thread.:scared:

Typ0
09-11-2003, 08:24 PM
I think we need to give it some time....seven weeks to McGahee anyway. So if Travis can't hold onto the ball he better watch out.

Michael82
09-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Nope, I watched it over and over again and so did the stat people. It was put on Drew Bledsoe because it was a bad handoff.

madness
09-11-2003, 09:57 PM
I totally agree. Bledsoe shoulders the blame on that one.

Tatonka
09-11-2003, 10:11 PM
i personally disagree completely.. it hit henry in the gut. how does that fall on bledsoe?

madness
09-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Drew messed up the timing on the hand off.

Tatonka
09-11-2003, 10:21 PM
maybe.. but how? it wasnt like he stumbled or something.. i mean.. he hiked it, turned and put it in henrys gut.. it was clearly between both his arms and against his stomach.. at that point, it is on henry imho..

i see that like a wr tipping a ball in the air to get picked off.. it goes on the qb, but it was the wrs fault.

venis2k1
09-11-2003, 10:23 PM
But has anyone heard anything on why Henry fumbles so much?

small hands.

Tatonka
09-11-2003, 10:25 PM
you know what they say about guys with small hands.... :snicker:

small gloves.

madness
09-11-2003, 10:39 PM
Heck I don't know. Last time I check I'm not a NFL anlyst.(I can't believe I'm knocking myself) That's just what I heard. Drew likes to take the blame anyway. We don't need to be messing with TH's mind this early in the season.

ajsdx
09-11-2003, 11:47 PM
Looking at the replay a couple more times, I guess I could see how it's on Bledsoe. But I think Henry should have held on anyway. I'm just glad the biggest worry I have about after the game is whose fault the fumble is on.

juice
09-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Timing is a major factor, each play has a certain progression any change in timing causes problems or in this case a fumble. :afro: Bowl bound baby!!!! NC BillsSouth

Tatonka
09-12-2003, 12:13 AM
I'm just glad the biggest worry I have about after the game is whose fault the fumble is on.

i hear that!