PDA

View Full Version : Zach Thomas has bruised ribs

BillsFever
09-11-2003, 11:09 PM
DAVIE, Fla. -- Zach Thomas is having trouble sleeping, laughing, breathing and turning his body certain ways. It even hurts to drive.

So there might be some question whether the Miami Dolphins' middle linebacker will play Sunday against the New York Jets. He was downgraded to questionable Thursday.

"I won't have a problem," he said.

Not against the Jets, who have beaten Miami nine times in the last 10 meetings and five straight in the Meadowlands. And not with the Dolphins coming off a loss to Houston and being 0-1 for the first time since 1991.

"I'll be playing, definitely," Thomas said. "It doesn't matter."

Thomas bruised a rib in the second quarter Sunday when Texans center Steve McKinney landed on him. He played the entire second half, but missed most of practice Wednesday after the area became swollen and sore.

He feels the pain every time he breathes, laughs or coughs. And because he can only sleep on one side of his body, he needs pain relievers before bed. The worst part is getting up each morning.

"I had to roll out sideways," he said. "But you know what? It's not going to affect me in the game. It's gnawing and nagging and all that, but when you get going -- like in the game with some adrenaline and some Advil -- you'll be all right."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1614015

CajunBillsBacker
09-11-2003, 11:49 PM
I sure hope Sam Gash knows about this next weekend!

juice
09-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Cant wait to see Henry catch a pitch right, cut it up field and plow over Junior!!! :afro: Bowl bound baby!!!!

The_Philster
09-12-2003, 03:07 AM
He better pray hard that it's all healed by the time we come to town. :evil: