PDA

View Full Version : Bills Run "D" better than you think

IHateTheDullphins
09-12-2003, 08:43 AM
I've been hearing how one of the only weaknesses in the NE game was our run D. Did anyone else notice that the only time they got yards on the run was when we commanded the game and basically let them run it? I think we have a nasty run D and I'm sure most of you do too!

Tatonka
09-12-2003, 09:52 AM
we will definately be tested this week.

Dozerdog
09-12-2003, 09:56 AM
bring em' on!

TypicalBill
09-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Taylor is as good a test as it gets.. if we stop him, we can stop anyone.

Throne Logic
09-12-2003, 09:58 AM
As I stated elsewhere, I think Pat and Ted will take what Faulk and Centers did to them personally. I expect Taylor to finish with around 65 - 70 yards.

TypicalBill
09-12-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins
I've been hearing how one of the only weaknesses in the NE game was our run D. Did anyone else notice that the only time they got yards on the run was when we commanded the game and basically let them run it? I think we have a nasty run D and I'm sure most of you do too!

YES! the only time they were able to run was when we were in a 2 or 3 score lead and we were playing the pass.... they didn't do anything (literally) until the middle part of the 2nd Q. and that was when we gave them some of the underneath stuff

TypicalBill
09-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
As I stated elsewhere, I think Pat and Ted will take what Faulk and Centers did to them personally. I expect Taylor to finish with around 65 - 70 yards.

*Sam

Tatonka
09-12-2003, 10:11 AM
if we could splash taylor with some wing sauce as he runs onto the field, sam and pat wont let him get past the line of scrimmage.

The Spaz
09-12-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
if we could splash taylor with some wing sauce as he runs onto the field, sam and pat wont let him get past the line of scrimmage.

LMAO!:) Yeah I think with those 2 huge butts in the middle of our line i don't see to many backs having success against us!:club: :boom:

Doc
09-12-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by IHateTheDullphins

The Pats were only able to run when the Bills were playing the pass and had Edwards and Kelsay in at DT. By way of comparison, Larry Centers had a BETTER YPC average (7.2 versus 6.2) than Faulk.

Jan Reimers
09-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Doc
The Pats were only able to run when the Bills were playing the pass and had Edwards and Kelsay in at DT. By way of comparison, Larry Centers had a BETTER YPC average (7.2 versus 6.2) than Faulk.

You know it! The only way Centers ever runs like that is in "garbage time." We will be stout against the run with Sam, Pat, and a developing Ron Edwards in the middle.

TigerJ
09-12-2003, 11:44 AM
No this is not an original thought. It is conventional wisdom. When you have a big lead you defend against the pass and let the other team's offence have some success running the ball, thereby eating up the clock. Kevin Faulk's success worried me a little until I realized what was happening. Faulk got yards when there were three Bills close to the line (vs 5 O-linemen and sometimes a FB) and everyone else was backed off in coverage. Antowain Smith would have gotten good yardage under those circumstances.

helmetguy
09-12-2003, 03:27 PM
So, who was it that gave me crap at Brennan's for saying that most of NE's rushing yards were "garbage yards?" Down by three TD's, they were able to run because the Bills' D was already in a semi-prevent mode. I see that others agree with me now.

Sabre Ally
09-12-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
So, who was it that gave me crap at Brennan's for saying that most of NE's rushing yards were "garbage yards?"

It wasn't me. I was still in custody. :laughter: