X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I’m torn over the Phins!

On one hand, I would enjoy nothing more then to watch them suffer all season and finish with a nice 4-12 or 2-14 record.

On the other hand, I would hate seeing them grab top 5 talent next year (even though they’d probably trade it away for an old vet like Brett Farve or Jerry Rice) and therefore would like to see them win 7 or 8 games and just miss the playoffs. *Miami Dolphins Football, forever mediocre!

What should we do?
    Resign our own guys!
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

I think I have to root for them to lose early, so they don’t sneak back into the race. Maybe start out 0-4 or something. Then they can start winning and maybe be 6-6 after 12. A nice 8-8 finish would suit me fine. That would mean that they thing they’re ready to make a run because they finally played well at the end of the season. The strong finish would fool them into thinking they’re still good. They would move salary’s around. Trade the first rounder (16 overall) for some washed up vet. And after it’s all said and done be just as bad as always!
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Bufftp
      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

i'd luv to see them go 8-8 that hurts with no major draft pick.

p.s. great post, especially for the beast of the east forum
      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
      to be led by permanent ideals -
      that is what keeps a man patient
      when the world ignores him,
      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• DBam
        • Jul 2002

Their salary cap issues will keep them from being competitive for the next couple of years....This was supposed to be their year.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

I want Miami to lose every game they play from now to eternity.

Comment

• Patrick76777
            • Jul 2002

Great point EE. I feel the same way, But I'd hate to see them draft 1st overall and take Payton's brother or something.
            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

I want to see them draft #1 and take the next David Klingler or Akili Smith.

You know, during my formative years of the 70's they lost every stinking game to those buttholes. They should have beaten the 72 team not once but twice! I hate them with every fiber of my being.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                • Jul 2002

I feel the same way. It's a hatred. I passed it on to my brothers. We want to punch everyone we see with Dolphins gear on. During the first Preseason game, he saw a dude with a fins at on and started screaming for him to take it off. We got the whole section yelling at the guy. Then last week we did the same to a kid with a ricky jersey on. The whole game we yelled at this kid, but he refused to take it off.

We plan on doing it the rest of the year. I can't wait for the Phin game. But by then they'll be 2-12 and no phin fans will show up.
                Resign our own guys!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  I want to see them draft #1 and take the next David Klingler or Akili Smith.

You know, during my formative years of the 70's they lost every stinking game to those buttholes. They should have beaten the 72 team not once but twice! I hate them with every fiber of my being.
                  remember when they drafted r.norton in 66 or 67?they thought he was going to be the next namath.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• helmetguy
                    Touch the helmet for luck
                    • Sep 2002

I'd like to see 'em at 7-9 or 6-10. Their front office isn't THAT good that they'd parley the draft pick (whatever it is) into the second coming of Dan Marino. A sub-.500 year will take the wind out of all the pundits' sails; those who interminable deem these perennial pretenders as contenders. An off season without "Miami still looks like the class of the AFC..." bullcrap would be most refreshing, don't ya think?
                    Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                    And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• Judge
                      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                      I want Miami to lose every game they play from now to eternity.
                      Right.

I watched Inside the NFL the other night- do you ever notice the Miami play-by-play announcers? They sound so amateurish and juvenile in their over-hyping everything Miami does. No wonder Miami fans are so ignorant about football.
                      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Jul 2002

I watch Inside the NFL hoping to see Dan Marino's head explode.

As long as Wanny is in charge, they are going no where but down.

The Bears are STILL feeling the effects of his reign of terror here.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

a perfect season- 0-16

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla admin
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                            We want to punch everyone we see with Dolphins gear on.

Y'all would go nuts if you saw the finfans down here. Not only do they wear the fugly gear, but they tend to wear stringy mullets and have poor dental hygiene.

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                              a perfect season- 0-16
                              The only way to go for the Fish
                              Originally posted by shelby
                              Y'all would go nuts if you saw the finfans down here. Not only do they wear the fugly gear, but they tend to wear stringy mullets and have poor dental hygiene.
                              You actually go near them?
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X