PDA

View Full Version : Bills Night Practice Tix/Scrimmage Tix...NEWS!!!

Michael82
07-20-2002, 09:05 AM
I just got home from Tops...ugggghhh! :eek:

First thing first...each Tops handed out 30 handbills that they NEVER publicized in the news or anywhere else. The Bill entitles the person to jump in the front of the line. You had to be there before 8:30am or you have to go to the back of the whole line. Now, they put all the handbills in a bag and drew one out of all of them. Let's say its 5...5-30 line up, then 1-5. After those people, its first come first serve. You are allowed 6 scrimmage tickets and ANY combination of 6 TOTAL Night Practice tickets. I did 3 of each. Most people got 6 of one or the other. I got there at about 7:45 am and just got home now. IF you got there after 9am, you probably won't get tickets. They were going pretty fast and most people were either buying 6 or 4 Scrimmage Tix! :D

SACKMARINO
07-20-2002, 09:30 AM
I saw about the handbill on BB.com:

Tickets For Night Practices And Scrimmage Available Saturday At Tops

buffalobills.com
July 17, 2002

Orchard Park, NY - The Bills today announced that tickets for the team’s two Monday evening practices during the Buffalo Bills Bausch & Lomb Training Camp will be available to the public starting this Saturday at 9:00 AM at all participating Tops Friendly Markets locations. Also on Saturday, tickets for the team’s scrimmage with the Cleveland Browns on Saturday, August 3 will be available.

<b>A handbill policy similar to the one used for the first day of individual game ticket sales will again be in effect at the participating Tops locations.</b>

One of the most popular elements of last year’s camp, the night practices will be held on Monday, July 29 and Monday, August 5 on the grass practice fields at St. John Fisher College. They will once again include an autograph session involving the entire team but this year that session will be held after practice. Tickets to the night practice are free and limited to six per person.

The Browns will be in Pittsford for combined workouts with the Bills on Friday, August 2nd and will participate in a scrimmage on Saturday morning at 10:00 AM at Fisher. Tickets for the Saturday scrimmage are $6.00 for adults and $2.00 for kids 14-and-under. Proceeds from the scrimmage will benefit the Ralph Wilson Scholarship at St. John Fisher College.

Michael82
07-20-2002, 09:39 AM
Well, here's something that pisses me off! I went to the Mt. Read Tops and was ONLY allowed a total of 6 tickets to share between the two practices. Meanwhile, Elmridge Tops gave them out 6 to EACH practice. :angry:

SACKMARINO
07-20-2002, 09:40 AM
My aunt went to the Tops in Batavia, and she got six of each. Maybe it was because there was only 5 people there, i don't know....

WG
07-20-2002, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a lack of communication between the branches...

Go complain and tell them that you'll forgive them as long as they start stocking Wy's Wing sauce.

:D

Michael82
07-20-2002, 11:07 AM
Woo Hoo!

Its all good now! I just came back from Tops again, and told them how Elmridge gave away 6 per each, they gave me 3 more per each. I'm all set now! :)

Michael82
07-20-2002, 11:09 AM
BTW....Wys...I got the 4 tickets for the Browns Scrimmage. :D

cephraim
07-28-2002, 05:19 PM
I got 6 tickets to each night practice not knowing whether there'd be anything special at these practices vs. all the others.

Anyone know if they plan anything special for either tomorrow night or 8/5?

Dozerdog
07-28-2002, 05:23 PM
Welcomre to the boards, cephraim!

Cntrygal
07-28-2002, 06:25 PM
WELCOME cephraim!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I don't know if there's anything special going on... maybe Mike can answer that.

Michael82
07-28-2002, 09:15 PM
yeah, it's a night practice, so its a little different feel, under the lights and all. :) Also, it was on the turf at Growney Stadium last year. And at the end of the practice, the ENTIRE team will line up to sign autographs for the fans! :up:

LtBillsFan66
07-28-2002, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
BTW....Wys...I got the 4 tickets for the Browns Scrimmage. :D

So we are in, right?

I'm going to make reservations...

Michael82
07-28-2002, 09:42 PM
yeah, billsfanone, we are in! :up:

Wys wants to get together for wings on Friday night if you want or we could go for Wings for lunch after the Scrimmage! :D

LtBillsFan66
07-28-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
yeah, billsfanone, we are in! :up:

Wys wants to get together for wings on Friday night if you want or we could go for Wings for lunch after the Scrimmage! :D

Either or both is good for me. I took off Friday to drive up. I'll send you both an e-mail...