PDA

View Full Version : Are the Rams being overanalyzed?

Cntrygal
09-21-2002, 03:42 PM
The 0-2 start by the Rams has been blamed on everything from Mike Martz's arrogance to Kurt Warner's thumb.

But maybe after three years at the top, the Rams are sliding back because that's what good teams do in a league with no dynasties. Is it possible that even though they've managed the salary cap as well as anyone, they're feeling the effects of losing some players?

"It happened to us in Buffalo," Hall of Fame coach Marv Levy wrote on NFL.com this week. "We'd lose two or three guys, but we'd still be a darn good team. Then we'd lose two or three more and finally it began to take its toll."

http://www.syracuse.com/sportsflash/football/index.ssf?/cgi-free/getstory_ssf.cgi?s0310_BC_FBN--OnFootball-Rams&&sports&sportsflash-football

SABURZFAN
09-21-2002, 04:33 PM
i don't think that warner's thumb is fully healed.i had a finger that was sprained and it took about a year and a half to heal because i kept reaggravating it.i'm not making any excuses for warner but with continuous repetitions he may reaggravate it every now and then.
it had to be sometimes soon that the defenses would "catch up" to that offense.mouse davis' run-and-shoot offense had defenses stumped when he first introduced it.defensive coaches soon were able to figure a way to defend it.how many NFL teams run the run-and-shoot today?the RAMS offense is like everything in life.all good things must come to an end.

WG
09-23-2002, 06:54 PM
IMO the Rams aren't that good anymore. What made them special was a particular combination of WRs that were all over the field. All but Bruce and Holt went elsewhere. You don't just teach any WR how to play in such a system. Last year they lost a couple.

Faulk, as I argued w/ someone else a month or so ago, is not the best pure rushing RB. Much of his success as a rusher was contingent upon his taking advantage of a D that was so spread out that he had such an open field to run through that it was incredible. That isn't happening anymore.

Let's see how they play tonight...

Cntrygal
09-23-2002, 07:00 PM
In this game all I really care about is that Alstott puts up some numbers (for ffl). :D

Stewie
09-24-2002, 11:27 AM
So what does everyone think now that the Rams looked terrible last night?

I don't know about you guys, but when I look at the Rams I still think the late 80's early 90's mostly LA version that were worse than today's Bungles. They lose a few more games like that and I think I might forget about Warner and CO for good. I'm just glad we never had to play them the last couple of years... Although playin them in the superbowl instead of the Titans would have been nice...

casdhf
09-24-2002, 02:11 PM
They suck. Martz is an idiot.

4thAndLong
09-24-2002, 07:29 PM
They're missing that slot receiver that opens everything up. You could see them fall apart when Faulk left the game injured.