PDA

View Full Version : PFW: Where are the Bills’ weaknesses?

BillsFever
09-13-2003, 10:27 PM
Reynolds: Make no mistake, Buffalo was impressive in the opener. But teams will find ways to exploit its weaknesses. The Bills however, have an all-star coaching staff that may adjust accordingly. The interior offensive line is the first area one scout said he would attack. “Ruben Brown hasn’t been Ruben Brown for more than one season,” he said. “If you have the bulk, you can push the pocket. (ORT) Mike Williams is tough to rattle out there, but I’d bring the kitchen sink at (OLG) Brown and (OLT Jonas) Jennings.” The Patriots tried a lot of stunts and edge blitzes to pressure QB Drew Bledsoe, and he had plenty of time to throw, but the ploy was effective against the run, holding RB Travis Henry to 3.1 yards per carry. “Even when you don’t get them behind the line, this team is turnover-prone. But you have to get somebody there. Buffalo did a nice job picking things up (last week).” Some scouts said they wouldn’t be surprised if the season-finale Bills and Patriots rematch was for the AFC East title. The Patriots have offensive questions, but both teams have winnable games in the middle of the season.

http://profootballweekly.com/PFW/Commentary/Spins/2003/spins091203.htm

SoCalBillsFan
09-13-2003, 10:49 PM
I definately agree about the turnover-prone aspect of this team. That is something that last year was a big problem, hopefully we can work on that this year.

ublinkwescore
09-13-2003, 10:55 PM
I beg to differ, if you give Bledsoe all day behind the line, he won't throw ANY INT's. Not to mention a CB's coverage is only good for about 5-6 seconds, and the more time that goes by the more it diminishes.

HotRod
09-14-2003, 03:11 AM
I think our biggest weakness is going to be the penalties. Every team is going to get penalties. But we can't get a dozen every game.

casdhf
09-14-2003, 07:44 AM
I think the problem is going to be keeping the ball in Henry's hands

BillsFever
09-14-2003, 08:48 AM
No mention of anybody about Jennings and Brown being the weakest links?

eyedog
09-14-2003, 10:30 AM
I've been saying for years that Ruben is way overrated. I guess the pro scouts have noticed also. Also Jennings would be better on the right side, but as of now he is our best option on the left.

mchurchfie
09-14-2003, 10:37 AM
If you can get pressure up the middle in Drew's face then you will have the best success against him. Historically that has been the way to get to him. If he steps up in the pocket then it's going to be a long day for The Jags. Rueben is overrated but is still one of our better O-Linemen. The Bill's biggest weakness is their ability to shoot themselves in the foot with penalties, dropped passes, and taking sacks to put you out of FG range.

snow1989
09-14-2003, 11:26 AM
Turn-overs first, penalties second and thirdly OL and the running game (only because Henry has shown the tendency to cough it up)