X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snow1989
    • Sep 2003

Concerns

Didn't get to watch it, but sounds like our Bills played pretty well, BUT....is anyone else concerned about the lack of a running game?
    Our OL is huge and they should be road-graders....so is the problem the OL?...or Henry?...both?...
    I've upped my standards...now up yours
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

I'm concerned about all that, AND our penalties.
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• snow1989
      • Sep 2003

From what I can figure, we allowed 82 yards between 4 backs....deleting Brunell scrambles for 13 yards (94 total) that doesn't seem too bad, I think cashing in the chips and allowing that late drive stinks though..

Comment

• snow1989
        • Sep 2003

six for 55 yards on penalties...from my view thats not too bad...far better than we usually do, but the lack of the running game is rearing its ugly head and we're fools if we think other teams aren't going to notice

Comment

• Halbert
          I'm Not Normal
          • Jul 2002

Come on people, Drew had all the time in the world and no sacks. Any team in the NFL could stop the run if they dedicate everything to it. If we had given up a handful of sacks THEN I'd be worried. This is not a problem.

Comment

• CWOUSARET
            • Aug 2003

I agree with Halbert. After a 2-0 start and convincing wins in both of them - the only thing I'm worried about is the young Bills players who might listen to all the hype. I thought we dominated today and JAX did have a heavy commitment to stopping the run - that opend up the passing game - they played right into Gilbright's hands. Now if we SQUISH THE DULL-FISH - then I'll be thinking that we really have something here.
            "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• snow1989
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Halbert
              Come on people, Drew had all the time in the world and no sacks. Any team in the NFL could stop the run if they dedicate everything to it. If we had given up a handful of sacks THEN I'd be worried. This is not a problem.
              My only problem with the above is that later in the game Jax knew it was all pass, pass, pass....which should have opened up things a bit on the ground, and it never developed....sorry, but I see it as a concern when a starting back can't get more than 26 yds on 21 attempts...

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
                • Aug 2003

McGahee will be ready soon. Travis will be on the bench.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Jul 2003

That last touchdown from Leftwich was BS! He never had control of the ball before he went out of bounds.....I am pissed! It should have been 38 - 10.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Halbert
                    Absotively.
                    The Jags decided to stop the run and roll the dice with the passing game. They lost big. No interior rush-no pressure on Drew.
                    They chose thier poison and Gilbride/Bledose and the rest handed it to them.

Comment

• HenryRules
                      • Jul 2002

I'm not concerned about an offense that puts up 30+ points in each of its first 2 games.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

how can you not be worried about no running game? I realize that Bledsoe had all day to pass, and looked awesome, but Henry could never break through the line. It was frustrating. We should have been running the ball the entire 4th quarter.
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

lol some people are never satisfied, no sacks today! Henry isnt gonna break 100 everygame, 3 tds in a 38-17 win....Ill take that anyday. Baby steps people, baby steps.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
                            The Octagon
                            • Apr 2003

he got in when it counted!
                            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• HenryRules
                              • Jul 2002

I can not be worried about no running game because we still put up 30+ points.

Breaking down the offense into little parts is not productive nor accurate in my opinion. If a defense is afraid of our running game enough to put 8 in the box and let us pass our way up and down the field all day, the running game did its job for the game.

I will be concerend about the running game if both the running game and the passing game bomb on the same day. That implies either our offense is not as good as the other team's defense or that our OC/QB cannot recognize at the line what the defense's weakness is for the current play. Until that day comes, I have no concerns about either our running game or our passing game.

Comment

Working...
                              X