• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JayWood
    The Professor
    • Jul 2002

Balls and Goats????

Balls: Drew, The defense (starting Defense), the wide outs, Mark Campbell, Sammy Morris

Goats: The Ol for not opening any running lanes, Travis Henry (3 TD are good but where are the yards), Antonio Brown..stop the fancy crap and run the ball back
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Balls-also Spikes (not as breathtaking a performance as last week...but still very solid)
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• fushetti
      President of the Rick Jeanneret Fanclub
      • Feb 2003

Balls: Reed, Bledsoe

Goat: Running game
      "And I do have a wish, albeit one that cannot and will not be fulfilled. I wish... I wish that standing next to me right now, would be Ted Darling."
      Rick Jeanneret 4-14-96

Ted Darling "Voice of the Sabres"

Comment

• ajsdx
        • Aug 2003

1.5 yards per carry is pathetic. Thank goodness Moulds, Shaw, and Reed had a big collective game. At least Brown did a little better this week.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
          • Aug 2003

Balls:

1: Oline
          2: Bledsoe
          3: Secondary: WOuld be best Secondary in the League if we had a pass rush.

Goats

1) Henry: 3 TD's are nice. But anyone can score from a yard out. The way the Oline played he should of had over 100 yards. Not 26 yards on 21 carriers.

2) Gregg Williams; What were you thinking? You dont try a fake punt when your up by 14 and your defense hasn't allowed a TD all year. You punt the ball and pin the Jags back in their own end. Another rookie head coach mistake. Last year it was Punting on the 32 when down by 17 now its this.

3: Still no consistent pass rush from the outside.

Comment

• Captain gameboy
            • Jul 2002

Balls:
            1. Again, the offensive line. No pressure on Drew. At times he looked like a pitcher taking his time with nobody in the camera field of view.
            2. The DB's. Good coverage, good tackling.
            3. The blue seats in the stadium. I love it when we play away games in relatively empty stadiums. It looked like they started leaving by mid 2nd quarter.

Goats.
            Again, the pass rush from the starting four. Not much.

Sidebar. I like the decision to go for it on fourth down, It sends a message to teams down the road. It looked to me like it would have worked if we had snapped it early. It took too long.
            I think Drew had some underthrows today. I guess that's what happens when guys are so wide open.

Comment

• Voltron
              • Jul 2002

Goat: Kick and punt coverage! IT WAS TERRIBLE!
              Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
              - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
              -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
              - Mark Twain

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

balls-moulds,bledsoe,and shaw

goats-OL.the running game stunk-PERIOD!!!!they did a good job in pass protecting though.
                Originally posted by yordad
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• HenryRules
                  • Jul 2002

I really disagree with people giving Henry credit for 3 TDs. Today's game is the perfect reason that individual TDs are a useless statistic. The point of an offense is to score TDs, the point of an individual is to do well within that offense and not necessarily to score TDs. Just like we did today, any time a team gets the ball inside the 5, they are going to run the ball. The reason Henry got those TDs is because Drew moved the ball to down inside the 5. Any RB that is playing in the NFL should be able to score a TD when you have 1st and goal at the 5.

I think Henry is an amazing RB, but to give him any credit at all today is way out of line.

I think of it this way ... if you replace Henry with just about any other RB today, that RB (and the team) still gets 3 TDs. Replace Drew with any other QB today, and the team (and Henry) do not get those 3 TDs.
                  Last edited by HenryRules; 09-14-2003, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

I also think we played one of the best front 4's in the league. 4 #1 picks....that's a pretty impressive DL
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Balls:

Bledsoe
                      Moulds
                      Shaw

Goat:

Coach Dumbass and his stupid almost-a-fake punt. Again, the Bills win despite his stupidity.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                        Balls:

Bledsoe
                        Moulds
                        Shaw

Goat:

Coach Dumbass and his stupid almost-a-fake punt. Again, the Bills win despite his stupidity.
                        Maybe it was a bad call but what if it had worked then what would we have been saying? Also I think Williams called the game quite well all in all...IMO!:)

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Here are some things I noticed.

1. Gilbride- does he really have it in him to establish a run? Drew said Henry will lead the league. I don't see it happening if we play this way.

2. OL- complete opposite compared to last year. We were awsome openning holes for Henry but hasn't been there against the Pats or Jags but was awsome in pass protection in both games however.

3. Special teams- What happened to our return game we saw in preseason? Was it the blocking or was Brown just lucky in PS?

4. Fake punt? 14-0 is not a safe lead. Thank the heavens we played a Jax team. It's a good thing Drew broke their backs by answering that dumb play. We could've lost momentum.

5. Run D- not impressed. The team has soo much speed we overan some tackles. Taylor had more success running up the middle. That concerns me facing the fins.

6. Spikes and our cb's. Winfield still has no INT's but is stepping his game up. Not signing him could be TD's strategy for Winfield to pick up his game. It could be a gamble but there are tons of cb's in FA'cy next year. With that being said I still jope we sign him back.

7. Pass rush, not as good as last weeks. We need more sacks. Fiedler is not better than Brunell but the fins do have better wr's than the Jags.

Don't get me wrong, the bills are hot. We still need to see what this team can do against great teams.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Drewpac
                            • Jul 2002

The Jags have a great front four and they were consistently bringing 8 men up in the box. I really don't blame Henry. You can see it with your own eyes that he had nowhere to run almost everytime that he got the ball. I also think having a nose for the goal line is a real skill that Henry showed off today.
                            I couldn't believe that the Jags kept bringing so many guys up to the line considering Bledsoe was torching them. If anything, I think it shows that the Jags had more respect for Henry than they did for Drew. That probably won't happen anymore though. :)

Also, I'd like to give Gilbride credit for sticking with the run. Even though it didn't appear to productive in the boxscore, it really softened up the defense for Drew and the passing game.

One last thing: Moulds ROCKS!!!

Comment

• socalfan
                              Old Fogey from Cali
                              • Feb 2003

Balls - Drew, Moulds, Winnfield ( 3 crushing tackles)
                              Goats - Dave Moore, OL (Run Blocking), DL (too many tackles by dbs in this game)

Comment

Working...
                              X