PDA

View Full Version : I'm a little miffed at...

northernbillfan
09-14-2003, 05:38 PM
Josh Reed. I mean this is the second week in a row that he has been open deep, and he couldn't finish the big play!

There I said it.

LABillsFan
09-14-2003, 05:47 PM
I was screaming that the BIlls needed to run that play with Shaw and Lo and Behold a TD. Reed is a possesion receiver, it seems he needs to cut in or out with his head looking at the QB in order to make the catch instead of running down field. He should be able to do both but right now he is not the long ball threat on the team. However, he does have a role and used right (mid range passes) he is very effective.

casdhf
09-14-2003, 05:56 PM
It was tipped

northernbillfan
09-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
It was tipped

The second one was tipped, I'm talking about the one where he was wide open and the ball bounced off his hands.

LA, you're right about using Shaw in those plays, and look what happened.

LABillsFan
09-14-2003, 06:05 PM
I looked at the replay but I didn't notice the tip. If that's the case, it was minimal, the ball hit Reed in the hands which tells me he lost his concentration.

northernbillfan
09-14-2003, 06:08 PM
He was heading to the endzone before he even had the ball. It's a mistake that he has made twice this year. I hope he doesn't do it again. It's a mistake a lot of guys make when they are put in his position. His strength will be learning from it.

LABillsFan
09-14-2003, 09:34 PM
He's in a tough postion for a second year man with huge expectations. Kudos to TD for getting a vet (Shaw) to hold the fort down until JR gets comfortable in the role as a go to guy. But I wouldn't bet on Shaw losing his spot any time soon.

Turf
09-14-2003, 09:35 PM
Josh needs to grow up a bit faster.

Mad Bomber
09-14-2003, 09:38 PM
So far, Shaw is showing that he's da man!

Buffatexas
09-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Reed will come round in time....Eric was not a stellar reciever and did not live up to expectations for a while, now look at him, he had the time to learn from great recievers, now Reed can do the same