PDA

View Full Version : What will Miami try to do

LABillsFan
09-14-2003, 06:34 PM
Commit to stopping the run like the Jags, or keep Bledsoe in check? If I'm Miami, the rushing game doesn't bother me all that much and I try to force Bledsoe into making bad throws. Sorry people, love the fact that the Bills won big again, but they have to be able to force the defense to respect the run when playing better teams.

The Phins have a better secondary so I see them trying to make the Bills run the ball. I just hope that KG and GW kept some running plays in the closet for this game. The lack of gains on running plays is very questionable. Maybe it was the heat, maybe they didn't want to give the Dolphins anything for reviewing. 2 weeks in a row of mediocre running after getting Henry 1,400 yards last year makes me think they've either decided to concentrate on protecting DB, the line needs more work or Henry is just off to a rough start. Burns and Morris seem to be getting tough yards but Henry is being stopped at the line of scrimmage. I wonder if he is still effected by the preseason injury.

venis2k1
09-14-2003, 06:42 PM
i came out and said it a few weeks ago, and got Blasted for it. Henry is overrated. He is a good back, just not a GREAT one.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25537

Dozerdog
09-14-2003, 06:58 PM
Miami could not stop Henry in either game last season. What have they done to correct it?

Dozerdog
09-14-2003, 07:00 PM
It will be the same old script over again-

1) Miami willl run Ricky every play- this time we have the tools to stop him

2) Miami will stack the line to stop the run

3) Moulds breaks their back with a long bomb

4) Henry will grind them down in the second half

venis2k1
09-14-2003, 07:00 PM
I fear Seau....:P

Dozerdog
09-14-2003, 07:02 PM
My fear is he will use all the handicap parking spots we use for tailgating

socalfan
09-14-2003, 07:26 PM
I think they will play it the same way the Jags played it today....They'll play the run and since their secondary is a lot better than the Jags, our second and third receivers won't be as successful. Should be a great game.

Demon
09-14-2003, 07:30 PM
I am so happy! It's Fish week and we're 2-0 and playing as good as ever!

Drewpac
09-14-2003, 08:21 PM
In the first game vs. the Phins last year Henry ran all over them. In the second game they committed to stopping the run and Bledsoe threw all over them. I think after watching the Bills beat their first two opponents through the air Miami will drop the extra man in coverage and dare Henry to beat them. Hopefully, Gilbride hasn't lost confidence in Henry because of the run games performance today and he is willing to give him the carries we'll need to beat Miami.

Demon
09-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Houston did what ever they wanted over the air, then Vinny and Moss did whatever they wanted over the air........ i can't imagine what Bledsoe, Moulds, Shaw and Reed will do over the air. That will be the key, we need to keep throwing the ball, atleast the next game. It's worked for both teams that have played Miami already, and we have some good air attack. Reed NEEDS to catch the balls next week!!

The Spaz
09-14-2003, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by Demon
Houston did what ever they wanted over the air, then Vinny and Moss did whatever they wanted over the air........ i can't imagine what Bledsoe, Moulds, Shaw and Reed will do over the air. That will be the key, we need to keep throwing the ball, atleast the next game. It's worked for both teams that have played Miami already, and we have some good air attack. Reed NEEDS to catch the balls next week!!

Reed caught ball today, I just wish he scored a TD. I know he at least dropped one ball that he should have caught but all in all he had a good day.

justasportsfan
09-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Miami will try to rush Drew into throwing bad throws and run RW all day. Now way will Fiedler have success against our cb's unless we give him all day to throw.

Stop RW and let Fiedler beat us.

saviorbledsoe
09-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
i came out and said it a few weeks ago, and got Blasted for it. Henry is overrated. He is a good back, just not a GREAT one.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25537

That "overrated" running back has 5 tds so far. Just because he doesnt rack up lots of yardage doesnt mean he isnt doing his job. There is such a thing as playing a role. He eats up clock with his runs. He makes the runs at the goaling count. You people overreact!

MDFINFAN
09-14-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
It will be the same old script over again-

1) Miami willl run Ricky every play- this time we have the tools to stop him

No you don't, you didn't stop Traylor today..You have a better D, that shouldn't let Ricky run wild like last year. But how will you stop Ricky, your base D can't do it by itself, so you may have to stack the line and see if Jay can beat you.

2) Miami will stack the line to stop the run
I doubt they stack the line, Chester ankle is healthy this year, and Miami has Zgoina this year, better all together in the rush D department.

3) Moulds breaks their back with a long bomb
If Surtain plays Moulds over the field one on one, we have a better chance...Sam M. can't cover Moulds period.

4) Henry will grind them down in the second half
Stop thinking about last year...Different personnel do different things..We actually have a few more wrinkles on D, that haven't been showed this season, I hope they use them with you guys, because your team is much improved.

I'm hoping we play you in a good game, I can't say who will win, even though I'm hoping Miami as course. Your team is playing with a lot of confidence right now and that's scary in itself. Hopefully we're starting to get the cob webs out of our heads and starting to play football..Beating the Jets in NY is big for us, since we haven't done it since I think 1998.

LABillsFan
09-14-2003, 08:42 PM
I won't blast you Venus, I agree. He doesn't have great speed and doesn't get that extra yard when being brought down. This area should be interesting in the second half of the season. As far as Reed goes, I think it's obvious it's Moulds and Shaw spreading the D down field, and Reed cathing balls over the middle. That is the area he is best at as of now.

As far as the 2 games last year, The Dolphins had Lucas playing QB and he was totally inept. Lucas wasn't able to sustain drives leaving the defense tired. I don't see that happening with this year unless the Bills eat the clock and keeps Miami's D on the field.

The_Philster
09-14-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
My fear is he will use all the handicap parking spots we use for tailgating

:rofl:

I don't think we have much to fear from their defense..it's about average and if we can't run on them, we're in trouble. Our corners should match up well against their WRs and I'll take the Lawyer over McMichael anyday

Cntrygal
09-15-2003, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I doubt they stack the line, Chester ankle is healthy this year, and Miami has Zgoina this year, better all together in the rush D department.

Chester is listed as "probable".... how healthy is he really?

injury thread (http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?threadid=25877)

ryven
09-15-2003, 07:44 AM
The fins are playing some zone packages now and I have found out that there weakness when they went zone testaverdi(sp?) was able to throw for 10-15 yards or they were effective on the run game.:fishfry: :squish: