X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

I am worried about Henry

he looks great down by the endzone, but man.. what was going on with him today? he was tripping over his own feet. first hit, he was going down. he just didnt look good at all. some of it was blocking, but a lot of it was henry imho.

did he just have a bad game?

he had a bad average last week (3.2 i think) and today he had 21 carries for 26 yards. that, folks, is just barely over 1 yard a carry. we have to get it straight if we want to win in miami. i know this for sure.

i have a hard time believing it is the Oline, because i saw drew have hours to throw the ball today. now if they can pass block their ass off for a whole game, even during all the blitzes that jax sent, are you telling me we really couldnt run block at all?

i think this sits on henry's shoulders. i hope he gets it right, because i know he has the talent to do it, and we have seen him do it many times before.

thoughts?

great win today regardless. the team as a whole looks as strong as anyone. we are putting up points and stopping people..
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

We will need Henry even more next week! I am glad we won also but Henry has to get his self going by plowing people over and getting tards after first contact!:)

Comment

• Schobel94
      The Sack Master
      • Jan 2003

Well, he didnt look that great, but I think both NE and JAX were crowding the line to purposely try to stop the run (and they did) to make Drew pass in obvious situations. But boy did Drew make em pay for that. Moulds was in single coverage all day. I think once people see that our pass game has not been affected by the loss of PP, they will back off and give more room for Travis. Remember, Henry played best toward the end of the season, when teams played way off to stop the pass.
      Beware the sack master!

Comment

• socalfan
        Old Fogey from Cali
        • Feb 2003

He got hit a couple of times and I wonder if he wasn't all there.

Comment

• hintexas
          • Mar 2003

I think part of it was Jacksonville keyed on the run thats what helped Buffalo get so many open wide receivers. I f teams want to stop the run thats fine Drew can throw all day long. Although I didn't think Henry looked as great as he has in the past last week either

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

He almost fumbled going into the endzone on the first TD too.

Originally posted by socalfan
            He got hit a couple of times and I wonder if he wasn't all there.
            You might be on to something.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i saw that too doz.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Drewpac
                • Jul 2002

Henry is fine. He had a couple of crappy games last year as well. I wouldn't worry too much about. I mean the guy is on pace to score 40 friggin TD's this year. By the way, he completely owned Miami last year and I expect more of the same on Sunday night.

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                  • Oct 2002

I dont care if they have 10 guys in the box!!!!!!!!! Any runningback in the league should be better than 1.23 ypc. It wasnt just the OLine either. Henry went down as soon as the first guy got a hand on him. I know he was never known too much for his speed but he better get going if we want to be successful against Miami.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Drewpac
                    Henry is fine. He had a couple of crappy games last year as well. I wouldn't worry too much about. I mean the guy is on pace to score 40 friggin TD's this year. By the way, he completely owned Miami last year and I expect more of the same on Sunday night.
                    I agree!

btw, did anybody notice that Drew got in his way that time he lost yardage? Nothing against Drew on that play because he was actually out there blocking for him (something he never did in NE) but chit happens like that, so you can't really blame Henry. TH is going after OJ's record, so let's cheer him on!
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                      • Jun 2003

Good win today, beating teams you're supposed to beat...I was coming here to asked the very ? Tatonka poised..TH was my pick to be a monster this year and when I saw the stats, I was scratching my head. I can't believe the amount of time Drew had to throw today, I could of played QB today for you, yea I have a pretty good arm..give me that kind of time any day..Hopefully the fins don't give him that kind of time next week or it's going to be a long night for us. Any way good luck, but I hope we win...here's to a good game though.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• socalfan
                        Old Fogey from Cali
                        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        He almost fumbled going into the endzone on the first TD too.

You might be on to something.

You have to wonder if he wasn't suffering from Warner Syndrome....that mild concussion that no one pays attention to, but you can see it affecting the guy.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by socalfan
                          You have to wonder if he wasn't suffering from Warner Syndrome....that mild concussion that no one pays attention to, but you can see it affecting the guy.
                          They should have caught Warner's, though.....That was ridiculous

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

I agree, that was ridiculous, and then your backup wins today, does anyone hear controversy..

Reach for the stars

Comment

• socalfan
                              Old Fogey from Cali
                              • Feb 2003

Yea really, I'd be a little upset with that medical staff, you got to wonder if it isn't something that will come up again. You think they would know enough to sit him down...way too many guys have lost a career because of concussions.

For Henry, he took that helmet to helmet to helmet hit pretty early on, and although he could probably count to 3, that's not the best yardstick to measure by.

Comment

Working...
                              X