PDA

View Full Version : Any new word on McGahee?

BidsJr
09-14-2003, 08:27 PM
I'll guess I'll be the first to bring it up, but it sure would have been nice to have that second option in the backfield just to see what happened. Also Fred Taylors speed was obvious, and it will be nice to have a potential gamebreaker when WM gets healthy!

Drewpac
09-14-2003, 08:39 PM
I agree! I can't wait to see McGahee display that homerun ability he supposedly had. The only game I ever saw him play in college was the National Championship game and he only played a couple of quarters and it was against a dominant college D. McGahee is a bit of a mystery to me so I'm excited to see if he blows me away. If he's anything like his college teammate Clinton Portis, then I think we will all be very happy campers. :)

BidsJr
09-14-2003, 08:44 PM
McGahee has tremendous vision and his quickness was rumored to be even better that his 4.2 speed. Cross our fingers!

The Spaz
09-14-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Drewpac
I agree! I can't wait to see McGahee display that homerun ability he supposedly had. The only game I ever saw him play in college was the National Championship game and he only played a couple of quarters and it was against a dominant college D. McGahee is a bit of a mystery to me so I'm excited to see if he blows me away. If he's anything like his college teammate Clinton Portis, then I think we will all be very happy campers. :)

I have the Hurricanes video on DVD from last year it's called "Return to Tempe" I bought it only because we drafted McGahee and watching that video shows him absolutely tearing it up in everyway!

Drewpac
09-14-2003, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the info. Sounds good to me!!!

BidsJr
09-14-2003, 08:54 PM
He could be a monster. What a team we could be if he adds anything to the O!

STAMPY
09-14-2003, 10:01 PM
i just feel bad for travis. the guys played hard for us. mgahee's entrance seems like his exit. i hope not... we could have a FIRE n ICE option... like giantys had thunder n lightning even tho thunder daynes was more like a fart then thunder.

colin
09-14-2003, 10:06 PM
They could make an insane 1 2 punch.

Doc
09-14-2003, 10:09 PM
Henry likely won't go anywhere until after the 2004 season.

Buffatexas
09-14-2003, 11:36 PM
That would make a great one two punch but let me throw this out there....McGahee gets healthy, makes a great impression and opens up some eyes. Travis continues to only get better. 2004-2005, Bledsoe in the twilight with no young QB to take the torch, rbs like Emmitt, possibly Faulk hanging up the cleats with no one behind them...TD make that move, Henry or McGahee for a number 1 pick, our next QB....poss Eli Manning???

juice
09-14-2003, 11:59 PM
Poss Rivers from NC State, looks like a "PLAYER" :afro: Bowl bound baby