PDA

View Full Version : Bledsoe has been better than advertised

The_Philster
09-22-2002, 09:32 AM
ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/garber_greg/1434227.html)

BUFFALO -- The Bills made their bones by reaching four straight Super Bowls from 1990 through '93, but they haven't reached the AFC Championship since. After making the playoffs in four of five seasons, the last two years have been particularly gruesome.

Jim Kelly, the Hall of Fame quarterback, had retired, and in 2000 the team was traumatized by the Doug Flutie-Rob Johnson controversy. Last year, the Johnson-Alex Van Pelt tandem led Buffalo to a 3-13 record, an embarrassing fall from grace for the once-mighty Bills.

But now, with the addition of a single player, the cloud over Ralph Wilson Stadium has lifted. With Drew Bledsoe under center, the supremely energized 1-1 Bills, who visit Denver on Sunday, believe they are in every game..........

I gotta agree....I wasn't exactly enamored with the trade before it actually happened. Drew has brought more excitement to the team since mid 1998 whe Flutie was on that streak of playing good football for us :up:

Cntrygal
09-22-2002, 09:41 AM
:up:

(it also made the front page a couple days ago, billszone.com)

Sabre Ally
09-22-2002, 02:01 PM
With as many articles as have been double posted lately, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone bothers to read the front page.