PDA

View Full Version : Next Week A Home Game?????

saviorbledsoe
09-14-2003, 08:55 PM
I am still hearing rumours that if this hurricane hits Miami for next Sunday that the games will be switched for Miami and Buffalo and we will be playing in Buffalo on ESPN at 8:30 next Sunday against the Phins.

This is cool somewhat but it causes a few problems to say the least.

1. It Fs up a lot of peoples plans who were planning on going in December. I for one already bought my hotel room on Priceline (non refundable).

2. Its not as cool to have them in the Buff in September because there is no snow.

3. We would have to play 3 bad a$$ road games in a row to end the season. THAT is SCARY! @ TENN, @ MIAMI, and @ NE.

What do you all think....I know I'll be there to watch those smelly fish bastards lose no matter what!

MDFINFAN
09-14-2003, 09:01 PM
it would be nice to play you in a non snow game for a change. We shouldn't always have to come to Buffalo in the late game, you should come to Miami for change. We smell no worst than a buffalo, especially the dune left behind..LOL..but we'll hearing the same thing, I was planning to come to Buf. for the Dec. game, this will mess up my plans also.

The_Philster
09-14-2003, 09:02 PM
I don't think it will happen. In Patrick's thread someone was mentioning that Buffalo has a better chance of getting hit by that than Miami.

saviorbledsoe
09-14-2003, 09:03 PM
MD, to be fair, we are always expected to play in HOT ASS Miami weather in September.

The Spaz
09-14-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
I don't think it will happen. In Patrick's thread someone was mentioning that Buffalo has a better chance of getting hit by that than Miami.

I was watching the weather channel and at this pace it will be up and beyond the Carolina area so it should be ok barring any drastic changes.

OpIv37
09-14-2003, 09:04 PM
switching the games would definitely be to miami's advantage, but I'd rather do that than have them cancel or reschedule to a random time.

I believe there has only been one cancelled game in NFL history, and it was a hurricane in Miami (if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me).

OpIv37
09-14-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
it would be nice to play you in a non snow game for a change. We shouldn't always have to come to Buffalo in the late game, you should come to Miami for change. We smell no worst than a buffalo, especially the dune left behind..LOL..but we'll hearing the same thing, I was planning to come to Buf. for the Dec. game, this will mess up my plans also.

BTW I'm in Virginia, so I think you and I better be more worried about the hurricane hitting us than the games being switched

Turf
09-14-2003, 09:08 PM
The East coast is going to get it now, not Florida. The latest is NY on Friday.

saviorbledsoe
09-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I hope you are right. I can wait until next year for a home night game. They always give lots of Monday nighters to the Super Bowl Champs. ;)

The_Philster
09-14-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
I hope you are right. I can wait until next year for a home night game. They always give lots of Monday nighters to the Super Bowl Champs. ;)

I hope I'm right too. I have to work the next day :eek:

MDFINFAN
09-14-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
The East coast is going to get it now, not Florida. The latest is NY on Friday.

Yea I agree, I'm watching the weather report right now, and it seem this storm will bypass FL, and sees to be headed to NC or farther N. We're back in the snow in DEC. year after year after year, it's time for them to change this schedule and let you guys play in the heat of Miami in Dec. Wishful thinking on my part..

saviorbledsoe
09-14-2003, 09:21 PM

Yea I agree, I'm watching the weather report right now, and it seem this storm will bypass FL, and sees to be headed to NC or farther N. We're back in the snow in DEC. year after year after year, it's time for them to change this schedule and let you guys play in the heat of Miami in Dec. Wishful thinking on my part..

We're going to beat your a$$es in the September heat next week. And you can quote me on that!

MDFINFAN
09-14-2003, 09:22 PM
MD, to be fair, we are always expected to play in HOT ASS Miami weather in September.

That's better than playing in cold Ass buffalo in Dec. Plus don't you guys want a winter break and come to the heat for a little while in December? Plus you practice in the heat in the summer, so the Sept game aren't that bad for ya, but by the time we get to december, Miami doesn't get a chance to acclimate to the cold before they play you. That's not fair, as though fair has anything to do in this sport..it's an outdoor game designed to be played in all kinds weather..sun, rain, sleek, fog and snow. and for the those teams that have them, Domes, hint, hint..:brush:

Demon
09-14-2003, 09:51 PM

That's better than playing in cold Ass buffalo in Dec. Plus don't you guys want a winter break and come to the heat for a little while in December? Plus you practice in the heat in the summer, so the Sept game aren't that bad for ya, but by the time we get to december, Miami doesn't get a chance to acclimate to the cold before they play you. That's not fair, as though fair has anything to do in this sport..it's an outdoor game designed to be played in all kinds weather..sun, rain, sleek, fog and snow. and for the those teams that have them, Domes, hint, hint..:brush:

Miami fans already making excuses.....

juice
09-15-2003, 01:17 AM
down here in hurricane alley, NC the odds are 3 to 1 she makes landfall here. :madcloud: bowl bound baby Florida should be safe.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-15-2003, 01:35 AM

Bills play Miami in the Miami heat.. So the Phins can play in the snow... Wait I take that back they cant play in the snow..:snicker: :fishfry: :gobills:

northernbillfan
09-15-2003, 01:36 AM
I remember a couple of seasons ago Baltimore and Miami played during a hurricane. It was the same game they retired MArino's #.

That's what seperates football from all the other sports. They play regardless of teh weather.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-15-2003, 02:06 AM
Id like to see some fieldgoals in 100MPH+ winds,lol..

helmetguy
09-15-2003, 04:44 AM
it would be nice to play you in a non snow game for a change. We shouldn't always have to come to Buffalo in the late game, you should come to Miami for change.

What the hell are you talking about??? If your guys were REALLY contenders, instead of perennial PRETENDERS, you wouldn't need to make excuses about playing in the cold. If the Bills have to play in Miami in the hottest part of the season, it only stands to reason that Miami should have to endure the Elements in Buffalo in the coldest part of the season. If your guys are REALLY good, it shouldn't matter. It appears it doen't matter to the Bills!

saviorbledsoe
09-15-2003, 06:03 AM
The road to the Superbowl is going through Buffalo this year MD....the Phins will need to...how do they say "PRACTICE" all they can in the snow.

TypicalBill
09-15-2003, 06:19 AM
I am still hearing rumours that if this hurricane hits Miami for next Sunday that the games will be switched for Miami and Buffalo and we will be playing in Buffalo on ESPN at 8:30 next Sunday against the Phins.

that looks unlikely now as they expect it to turn north... its now unlikely that the hurricane will hit Florida.

The_Philster
09-15-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
What the hell are you talking about??? If your guys were REALLY contenders, instead of perennial PRETENDERS, you wouldn't need to make excuses about playing in the cold. If the Bills have to play in Miami in the hottest part of the season, it only stands to reason that Miami should have to endure the Elements in Buffalo in the coldest part of the season. If your guys are REALLY good, it shouldn't matter. It appears it doen't matter to the Bills!

I guess that shows who is really the contenders in the division.

Voltron
09-15-2003, 04:19 PM

It is much easier to play in the winter than the heat of Miami in the summer for ALL players. You have ZERO chance of having heat exhaustion and less of a chance for dehydration in December in Buffalo than Miami in September. That is a fact Jack! :biggrin:

BillyT92679
09-15-2003, 07:12 PM
It's ironic, since the remnant of the hurricane, and Tropical Depression wind and rain, will hit Buffalo and Western NY. I hope the Bills can leave on time.