PDA

View Full Version : Great Game, but....

OpIv37
09-14-2003, 09:13 PM
So the Bills looked good and this team may be the real deal- here are my concerns:

1. No running game- this won't hurt us as much as it did last year cuz of the improved D, but eventually teams will shut down Bledsoe and we'll need some production

2. Where the hell was Sam Adams?

3. No forced turnovers.

On the plus side-

1. Offensive production was still good overall, and McGahee will be ready soon
2. The D still came up with some big plays, and really only surrendered 10 points (the last touchdown was in garbage time against 3rd string guys)
3. No turnovers committed- that's impressive.

My point: this team looks GREAT but if we're going to keep playing at this level, Gilbride's going to have to get the running game on track- Henry won't get 3 TDs every week if he can only manage 26 yards.

Mad Bomber
09-14-2003, 09:32 PM
Don't worry too much about stats....

last year, Drew had 4000+ passing yards and set a new Bills record. We finished 8-8.

The only stats that matter to me so far this year:

Record = 2-0; 1-0 in the AFC East.

MDFINFAN
09-14-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by OpIv37

:couch:

Tatonka
09-14-2003, 11:50 PM

um.. he was right smack in the middle of the defense that only gave up one td, that took 4 downs at the goal line to get after a botched fake punt.. and also held fred taylor below 100 yards.

that is where he was..

he is a D tackle.. your not going to hear his name every week.. but as long as the defense keeps people to 10 points, i am happy.

The Spaz
09-14-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

um.. he was right smack in the middle of the defense that only gave up one td, that took 4 downs at the goal line to get after a botched fake punt.. and also held fred taylor below 100 yards.

that is where he was..

he is a D tackle.. your not going to hear his name every week.. but as long as the defense keeps people to 10 points, i am happy.

Amen T I don't understand, now what people want to see Sam Adams run for a tD everyweek and if he doesn't he isn't doing garbage on the field....LMAO!:)

Halbert
09-15-2003, 12:24 AM
1. No running game- this won't hurt us as much as it did last year cuz of the improved D, but eventually teams will shut down Bledsoe and we'll need some production

I'll believe it when I see it.

The book on the Bills is to stop the run and force the "weakened" passing game to beat you. Well, neither the Pats or Jags had an answer for stopping the pass because neither got much pressure on Drew. At some point they'll have to commit to pushing upfield to disrupt the passing game and that will open lanes for the rush.