PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Teague?

LABillsFan
09-15-2003, 01:35 AM
What is up with Teague melting down again this week with the bad snap. Is he a sweaty guy who forgets to wipe his hands or concerned with the rush? I don't know but two games in a row and Drew was shacking his head this time. This could be disasterous in a close game.

mybills
09-15-2003, 11:07 AM
Wow! Where have I heard this before! I've been saying this right along! He's often too high or too low. He did the same thing last year! :shakeno:

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
He's just not suited for this position (never was), but he does aide the pass block effeciently. He didn't do a horrible job last season, so I'll say that in the offseason, the coaches really wanted Teague to work on his block. While doing so he's losing concentration on the snap. He will always have the mind of an OT and just wants to get off the ball as quickly and cleanly as possible. He has been attacked feircly in the 1st 2 games, yet walked away victorious from both battles. At least he's not drawing the O-line offsides and is providing the blocking necessary to move the ball. We all know that he isn't Pro-Bowl material, however, he will most certainly suffice in this Buffalo scheme.

(these comments coming from a guy that begged the Bills to draft Faine)

TedMock
09-15-2003, 12:20 PM
He's doing a decent job blocking but as already stated, he needs work on the shotgun snap. I think he's well suited for center, personally. Don't forget he was an all american center at Tennessee. He played both positions in college.

billsfan80
09-15-2003, 12:22 PM
Did anyone else notice that he snaps with only 1 hand on the ball i think he could fix this by using 2 hands

The Spaz
09-15-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by billsfan80
Did anyone else notice that he snaps with only 1 hand on the ball i think he could fix this by using 2 hands

I think that most centers use one hand. Also I think just the snapper on fg's and punts use 2 hands I maybe wrong but I beleive this to be the case.

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
He's doing a decent job blocking but as already stated, he needs work on the shotgun snap. I think he's well suited for center, personally. Don't forget he was an all american center at Tennessee. He played both positions in college.

That's true, but he's also been quoted as saying that he prefers the OT position to Center. I think that he is concious of his limitiations. Still, all in all, he isn't playing poorly. I like him and have faith that he'll perfect his snap.

Valerie
09-15-2003, 12:31 PM
I think he sucks. Cut him!

The Spaz
09-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I think he sucks. Cut him!

LMAO:hitself: :helpme:

Dozerdog
09-15-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE
That's true, but he's also been quoted as saying that he prefers the OT position to Center. I think that he is concious of his limitiations. Still, all in all, he isn't playing poorly. I like him and have faith that he'll perfect his snap.

Center is one of the toughest positions to play, yet it lags behind the rest of the OL in pay scale. No wonder he prefers OT

TedMock
09-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by RedEyE

I think you're right in that he prefers to play OT. We tried moving Jennings to center last season but the problem was that he didn't have a knack for calling line assignments. Teague is an intelligent player who's done a good job on the field and calling the signals and hopefully the snap thing will get fixed. Right now the line is young and needs his smarts.

AMMONS316
09-15-2003, 04:26 PM
I hope there is not a 3rd mess up....:spanku: :spanku: :spanku:

:badboy: Ammons 3:16 :angry: