• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Everybody thought that when we drafted Big Mike

and signed Teague and moved him to center, that we would have a "road grater" type of line. There was a point, I think right before halftime, that we had a 3rd and 1, and threw the ball (incomplete). Then on 4th and 1, we threw it again. One would think that we could pound out a yard at will, especially behind the greated Bill of all time, Ruben Brown, but it just isn't happening. I think we still have a problem or two in the line (RG and maybe LT) that is keeping us from having the power running game that we all think they should have.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Then on theh otherside of the the o-line didn't allow a sack and Bledsoe had all day to throw so you can take the good with the bad I guess.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

I'm with you, but we just can't get that one yard when we need it.

Comment

• Travis Hunter
        • Jul 2002

I know which series you're talking about and I don't get it either, why we just didn't run twice for 1 yard if we were going to go for it on 4th.
        Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
          • May 2003

I am just guessing here but it would seem that there were 3 #1 draft picks on the D-Line it might have been best to throw against that terrible secondary.

Comment

• ryven
            • Jan 2003

They were playing the run. I agree it should have probably been better henry should have had double that if not triple, but they played run, but bledsoe like he did will pick you a part.

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

On the flip side- if they are going to give you 15-20 yards a crack via the air- take it

When you are completing 75% of your passes-stick with what worked all day

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Everyone wants to jump ont he O Line- but i think socal brought up the point that it could have been a slight concussion or some "fogginess" on Henry's part. Their LB Mitchell sent himself to the hospital early in the game when he led with his head on an early helmet on helmet tackle on Henry-

I think Henry might have been dazed on that play.

Comment

• clumping platelets

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN THE GAME!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                    DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN THE GAME!!

Exactly, in the end that's all that matters!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Jul 2002

On short yardage plays, Gilbride doesn't have the guts to play power football.

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                        On short yardage plays, Gilbride doesn't have the guts to play power football.
                        I think Henry's TD runs were 1,4,6 yards. I think that qualifies....lol:)!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

One of the TD's was out of the shotgun. That's not exactly power football.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I think the O line may be farther ahead on pass blocking at this point. Jonas Jennings has done a pretty good job of protecting Drew in these first two games. We seem a little reticent to run in what should be normal running situations - which may be a way of crossing the other team up, or it may more likely be that our run blocking isn't quite there yet.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

EE, you are a few years behind the times.

It is VERY VERY hard to run on 3rd and short in the NFL today, especially against a big and very talented D line.

If they are focussing on the run, and have 8 or 9 in the box, then running is next to impossible, especialy against fresh legs early in the season. Grounding out yards happens well over all 3 downs late in games late in the season, but I'll take our O.

Comment

Working...
                              X