X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

The Bucs are VERY over-rated!

I’ve said it for awhile. That offense is TERRIBLE! You can beat that team with a nice balanced offense. Last year in the playoffs, they played SF(no running game), Philly(no running game), Oakland(no running game), and they started this season against Philly(no running game).

Then they play Carolina( running game) and they lose. Last year, they lost twice to the Saints, who have a great running game!

They're damn lucky they didn't play someone like the Giants in the playoffs last year!

I think we would match up well against them! Not that we play them or anything!
    Resign our own guys!
  • Brian Griese Rulz
    • Aug 2003

Most over-rated team is the Eagles.

They have no WR's, no running game, lost some D players. I'll be surprised if they even win 8 games this year.

Gonna be a Bills vs. Giants Super Bowl this year.

Comment

• R. Rich
      • Apr 2003

I don't think they suck, but yeah, the Bucs' offense is not that great. They do enough to win (usually) and let the defense carry them, much like the Ravens when they won the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

I tell you what, that was a hell of a game. You need to give that Carolina defense some credit. And 3 blocked FG's / extra points in one game. They just caved in that Buc line on those kicks.

If Carolina can come up with a QB, they will be dangerous.

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

They should make a run at Brunell! That would be worth in IMO
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Judge
            • Aug 2002

I agree 100% Patrick. In my opinion the Bucs are more like the one-dimensional Super Bowl winners of the recent past (Baltimore, New England) than they are a "great" NFL champion.

They're still very flawed offensively. Very sound defense, but the offense is average, at best.

They don't scare me. Nobody does. If the Bills stay healthy and focused, they can beat anyone.
            Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Brunell on Carolina would be a great move for them.

TB needs to decide on a back, again. Is Jones the guy? Pittman? Alstott? And their WR's blow. :bigmike: can run as fast as Keyshawn.

Comment

• TypicalBill
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

TB needs to decide on a back, again. Is Jones the guy? Pittman? Alstott?

i'll get back to you on that ... give me a few days and you'll have a decision
                For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Brunell in Carolina would be sick. If i'm Carolina, I'm trying to make that move today.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• yledust
                    Beerophile
                    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    Brunell in Carolina would be sick. If i'm Carolina, I'm trying to make that move today.
                    I agree. There defensive line is awesome. Jenkins looked unstoppable on those blocks. Get Brunell, and Jimmy Smith back ... that would be a tough team to beat.

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

I disagree the Bucs are overrated. In the playoffs last year, their offense came alive. I watched their game yesterday and their D is stifling, as is the Panthers.
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Voltron
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
                        I disagree the Bucs are overrated. In the playoffs last year, their offense came alive. I watched their game yesterday and their D is stifling, as is the Panthers.
                        I don't think any one disagrees that the D is awsome. The questionable thing here is the O. They are not consistant. They don't have a good running back. They have a decent Running full back but he is old. Their WR can be decent but ME-Shawn is not as good as everyone thinks he is. They need to wake up and come ready to play.
                        Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                        - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                        -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                        - Mark Twain

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

This really shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. For the last 3 years a trend has most certainly developed in SB winners. Ask the Ravens, the Patriots and the Bucs, each one of them will tell you that it's not necessary to have a powerful Offense to win the SB if you have a kick ass Defense doing most of the work.
                          Last edited by RedEyE; 09-15-2003, 10:24 AM.

Comment

• lordofgun
                            in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                            This really shouldn't be a suprise to anyone. For the last 3 years a trend has most certainly developed in SB winners. Ask the Ravens, the Patriots and the Bucs, each one of them will tell you that it's not necessary to have a powerful Offense to win the SB, if you have a kick ass Defense doing most of the work.
                            We have both.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• RedEyE
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun

We have both.

Yes we do. Anyone else having fish on Sunday? :fish:

Comment

Working...
                              X