PDA

View Full Version : Jacksonville game, a wake up call ?

justasportsfan
09-15-2003, 08:41 AM
Certain aspects of the game I think could help the bills facing the fins this weekend. (a spin on things)

Heat- It was hot. For the players, playing in Jacksonville will help them prepare or get them in the right mindset of what to expect in Miami and make the proper preparations. Just because it's a night game, doesn't mean it won't be humid.

Run D. Facing Taylor shows that we need to work on our run D if we are to stop RW. If RW is successful, he could wear out our D with the humidity being a factor in aiding RW. There are no if's and but's. Control RW and force Fiedler to throw.

Running the ball- so we weren't successful. Our OL will need to open holes for henry in order to open up the passing game. Vinny shreded the fins D despite Martin's lack of success running the ball. . After 2 games, the fins hasn't shown that both their cb's are probowl material w/o their pass rush. They are weak at that spot when Jason Taylor and co. are not able to put pressure on the qb.

So we ran the ball 32 times. D's play the run against Holmes and yet cannot stop him despite obvious run plays.
21 for 26 yards should get Henry pumped to redeem himself especially with McGAhee breathing down his neck. I'm looking for him to have a great game against the fins.

I also watched the KC game and what I've noticed w/ Holmes is that he takes his time and looks for the opening. He doesn't just attck the line but waits for the hole to develop.

What we know about our team.....

Pass rush- I believe Winfield and Clements can shut down Miami's wr's . Our lb's should be able to blitz Fiedler all day/night as long as we don't overpursue their run game. We have so much speed we even outran the ball at times. :D

If the fins stack the DL like Jacksonville did, they will pay. I doubt they will try to do the same thing the Jags did. If the play the pass, we should burn them w/ the run like we did last Dec. This is why our running game needs to pick up.

Spikes has to formally introduce himself to Fiedler. We need to keep him in the pocket like we did Brunell and not scramble for 1st down. Milloys familiarity w/ the fins should help us out too.

justasportsfan
09-15-2003, 08:43 AM
Sorry for the long post. I'm pumped. After living w/ the dullfans for years, this game is bigger for me than the Pats game. :D

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2003, 08:44 AM
I'm glad we avoided the "big letdown."

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Henry is gearing up for a break out game. I think that game could happen this week against the Dolphins. 25 - 30 touches this week should easily give Travis a 100 yard day. The Oline has been such a great job protecting Drew that you really can't complain about their performance blocking on the run. Unfortunately, Ricky Williams is looking for that breakout game as well.

Personally, I'd prefer not see a lot of blitzing from the LB position until RW has been completely taken out of the game. In order for that to happen we have to get on top of the Dolphins early and with a decent margin of points. The LBs will need to stay home, provide containment and just make Ricky Williams their *****.

With that being said, the DEs have to really step up this game, force the run to the inside at PW and SA and administer a first rate ass whopping on Jay Fiedler. The Bills cover team will should supply the DL ample time to get to Fiedler.

Look for Miami to use the draw play a lot. For some reason our D has yet to pick that play up 100%. Also, I see the Dolphins using the quick pass routes this week to get underneath the coverage, relying on the quick release. I expect to see a lot of timing routes and quick slants. The Dolphins O will definitly be using a lot of redierctional plays to induce an overpursuit by the Buffalo LBs. They performed this task wonderfully against the Jets this past week.

justasportsfan
09-15-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Henry is gearing up for a break out game. I think that game could happen this week against the Dolphins. 25 - 30 touches this week should easily give Travis a 100 yard day.

:up: