Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Billsbabee

Fines upcoming? Jags Mathis and Darius

Jaguars safeties Rashean Mathis and Donovin Darius could find themselves lighter in the wallet this week.

Mathis and Darius put themselves in line for hefty fines from the NFL after both delivered hits to the head of Buffalo players.

Mathis went helmet-to-helmet with Bills tight end Mark Campbell at the end of a 26-yard catch by Campbell on Buffalo's first play from scrimmage.

Mathis wasn't penalized, but it has become common in recent years for the league to review and fine helmet-to-helmet hits -- often in the $10,000 range -- the following week.

"I don't feel like I hit helmet-to-helmet, and the replay didn't show me doing that, but I'm not the judge of that,'' Mathis said. "I was up that high because I was about to go for the interception.''

Darius, meanwhile, also might draw a fine after clubbing former Jaguars receiver Bobby Shaw in the head while both were out of bounds in the second half. Darius was penalized on the play.

• LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

I thought the Campbell hit was legit. It actually looked like he was going for the ball rather than the big hit.

Like I said before, this is football, not badminton.

Comment

• Ð
      1-800-SAD-GOAT
      • Jul 2002

Ahhh, I was wondering where the shuttlecocks were

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

No call on Mathis, but 15 yards on big Pat for pushing Brunell, who was still in the field of play, across the sideline. And no penalty on them for clobbering Drew when he was down, cradling thar bad snap.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
        X