PDA

View Full Version : How did Josh Reed look?

Alluro
09-15-2003, 10:47 AM
I didn't get to see the game, although his stats look okay. Is he getting better?

Ð
09-15-2003, 10:49 AM
He had a big drop on a sure TD similar to the other two in the first game

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 10:50 AM
Looks to me like Shaw has taken the 2nd WR position.

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Ð
He had a big drop on a sure TD similar to the other two in the first game

Was it deflected or not? I couldn't tell and couldn't hear the commentary.

lordofgun
09-15-2003, 11:00 AM
It wasn't an easy catch like in week 1. Hard to tell if it was deflected, but it very well could have been.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-15-2003, 11:04 AM
He's still playing better then Peerless is in Atlanta.

Ð
09-15-2003, 11:05 AM
If you can touch it, you can catch it...

Dozerdog
09-15-2003, 11:06 AM
It was slightly tipped, but still hit Reed on the forearms. He should have caught it IMO.

If he's got the dropsies, now is the time to iron them out. He made some solid catches as well.

To be honest, they could mix and match according to the situation if the are going only with 2 WR's on the field. I like Both, and with 3 wides, will be dangerous

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
He's still playing better then Peerless is in Atlanta.

Thats really a rather poor comparison. Different system, a different situation for Peerless all the way around. I can pretty much guarantee had Peerless decided to stay in Buffalo, he wouldn't have dropped the same passes that Reed dropped. It's actually quiet freightening to even think about Peerless having stayed in Buffalo. The O would be that much better and harder to stop.

lordofgun
09-15-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Thats really a rather poor comparison. Different system, a different situation for Peerless all the way around. I can pretty much guarantee had Peerless decided to stay in Buffalo, he wouldn't have dropped the same passes that Reed dropped. It's actually quiet freightening to even think about Peerless having stayed in Buffalo. The O would be that much better and harder to stop.

But our D wouldn't even be close to what it is. I'll take that tradeoff. :up:

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun

But our D wouldn't even be close to what it is. I'll take that tradeoff. :up:

True dat, Mo-fo! :coffee:

Ð
09-15-2003, 11:39 AM
Besides, who'd act6ually want to live in Atlanta anyway ?

LtBillsFan66
09-15-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ð
If you can touch it, you can catch it...

Now that's a cliche from those who never played the game.

I not saying you, just the saying.

Tatonka
09-15-2003, 11:50 AM
i think he looked pretty good. did have a drop, but it was not an easy catch, as it was slightly deflected just inches from his arms so the change in the angle of the ball could have thrown him off. but i did see that drew has not lost confidence in him. he went to him several times. he played good. not great, but good.

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Ð
Besides, who'd act6ually want to live in Atlanta anyway ?

:woot: A town :angry:ing sucks.

Ð
09-15-2003, 12:06 PM
A town called malice

Throne Logic
09-15-2003, 12:24 PM

The only thing stopping this Offense is themselves, right now. The amount of dumb mistakes and penalties has created an uphill climb on almost every drive. The really impressive part is that they continue to overcome most of the errors. There have been a number of situations where they climbed out of 2nd and 16, 3rd and 12, etc. Imaging what they'll do when they get the dumb mistakes taken care of.

Tatonka
09-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic
Imaging what they'll do when they get the dumb mistakes taken care of.

score a touchdown every single time they touch the ball for the rest of the season.

:D

RedEyE
09-15-2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Throne Logic

The only thing stopping this Offense is themselves, right now. The amount of dumb mistakes and penalties has created an uphill climb on almost every drive. The really impressive part is that they continue to overcome most of the errors. There have been a number of situations where they climbed out of 2nd and 16, 3rd and 12, etc. Imaging what they'll do when they get the dumb mistakes taken care of.

Ahhhh.......perfection. I've wondered about their mistakes as well and have seriously come to the conclusion that some are not a result of lack of discipline, but rather anxiety driven. It's like a dog tasting blood for the first time, he craves it every meal there after. They'll calm down and settle in with due time.

Throne Logic
09-15-2003, 12:52 PM

Ahhhh.......perfection. I've wondered about their mistakes as well and have seriously come to the conclusion that some are not a result of lack of discipline, but rather anxiety driven. It's like a dog tasting blood for the first time, he craves it every meal there after. They'll calm down and settle in with due time.

I hadn't really thought if it like that. Yeah, I think I can agree with this. They did make less errors in the second game. This supports your theory. OK, I'll buy this . . . for now. :miyagi:

Throne Logic
09-15-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka

score a touchdown every single time they touch the ball for the rest of the season.

:D

:biggrin:

I can take the occational punts. I can even take some of the holding penalties that protect Drew. I just get angry with the dumb penalties, like the holding on Jennings during the run to the right against the Pats. The personal fouls, like Pat Williams' push against Brunell get me all in a dither, too.

Voltron
09-15-2003, 04:06 PM
I don't think they will be able to play through the penalties in Miami like they did in the last 2 games. They have to keep the penalties to a minimum and keep the clock running for us to win this. The Miami D looked much better yesterday and it will be that much better against us because of last year (kinda like we were to the Patsies ;) ) I expect us to win but this is our first real test on both D and O.