PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Wright charged

The_Philster
09-15-2003, 05:47 PM
BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Former Buffalo Bills wide receiver Rodney Wright was arrested on four charges, including DWI, just hours before he was cut by the team last week.

Wright was arrested last Wednesday morning in the town of Hamburg, a suburb of Buffalo, after he was involved in a three-car accident. Three people were transported to area hospitals with injuries after Wright rear-ended one of the vehicles. Wright was also injured, but did not go to a hospital.

Hamburg Police Chief Joseph Coggins said Wright refused a breathalyzer test after officers at the scene put him through preliminary intoxication tests. Wright was also charged with driving without a license and making unsafe lane changes....more (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1616619)

imbondz
09-15-2003, 05:56 PM
that sucks.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2003, 06:52 PM
No it doesn't.

I hope TD learns to stay away from Fresno St. Players - they're almost all headcases.

Product of spending too much time in Fresno.

Doc
09-15-2003, 06:53 PM
I knew that kid was bad news when he did the same thing LAST off-season. I hoped for his sake he turned his life around, but I wanted no part of him on the Bills. This only confirms that feeling.

ublinkwescore
09-15-2003, 10:10 PM
I hope TD doesn't try to pick up Bernard Berrian either.

I heard the guy's already got some kids out of wedlock.

I used to live like 3 doors down and across the street from him.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-15-2003, 11:51 PM
I think its safe to say he wont be in a Bills uniform again.. The bright side for Rodney Wright is, the Cowboys might like his style..

RedEyE
09-16-2003, 12:38 AM
Cut that son of a ***** loose before he kills someone. Last year was forgivable, we all make mistakes. This just proves that he is a guilty drunk, and his driving is just as bad as his ability to play. Rodney Wright is not worthy enough to be a Buffalo Bill. Cut that :angry:er free. He has disgraced this team enough. We really don't need him anyway.

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 04:51 AM
Originally posted by RedEyE
Cut that son of a ***** loose before he kills someone. Last year was forgivable, we all make mistakes. This just proves that he is a guilty drunk, and his driving is just as bad as his ability to play. Rodney Wright is not worthy enough to be a Buffalo Bill. Cut that :angry:er free. He has disgraced this team enough. We really don't need him anyway.

He already was cut loose...just before this happened...thank God.

Ebenezer
09-16-2003, 07:36 AM
This is the second time...the last time he killed somebody and left the scene...he should NEVER have been signed after he was drafted...he should NEVER have been in camp.

Valerie
09-16-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by silent_one I think its safe to say he wont be in a Bills uniform again.. The bright side for Rodney Wright is, the Cowboys might like his style..
:chuckle:

It's funny you say that, Silent, as I was watching part of the game last night and they were going through the Cowboys defense and they were all saying where they're from, I was surprised that none of them were from State Penitentiary. lol I was always under the impression that's where the 'Boys scouts go to look for new players. lol