Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ArcticWildMan

Do we have a linebacking corp????

Well since I was 86'd from the local sports bar for being "too rowdy" , I'll have to post an observation from home ...

Our linebacking corp sucks!!!!

Forget our front line, it maintains. Whenever the Broncos run outside our tackles, our LB's are nowhere to be found!!! WTF is up with that???

We have been in this game so far but out LB'ing corp is killing us!!
  • BigDoug
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

The short answer...NO

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

Good point.. I would say that Newman has been ok, but our 2 FA pickups have been invisable!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Fletcher is nowhere to be found!!!

He's killing us!!!

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
          Expert on Experts
          • Jul 2002

I was gonna say something like this myself. Fletcher has NOT been a playmaker. He overpursues, bites on play action, he just hasnt been making the plays

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Fletcher just does NOT seem to be fitting into this system very well
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BledsoeRocks
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
              Good point.. I would say that Newman has been ok, but our 2 FA pickups have been invisable!

Huh? Check these stats! Fletcher had an ok game. The outside guys are killing us.
              Robinson 1 tackle
              Newman... .......does not even show up on the stat sheet. Zero tackles!

Box score for the Denver Broncos vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game from September 22, 2002 on ESPN. Includes all passing, rushing and receiving stats.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

Its not all about stats though. Fletcher may have had 7 tackles, but he should have had more. On several occasions I saw him out of position or overpursuing, he bites on play action way to hard.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                  Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                  • Jul 2002

Fletcher hasn't been bad, and I don't think the LBs have been terrible...They just haven't been active enough. If they can be a bit more active, this team will be very, very good.
                  The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                  THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• BledsoeRocks
                    • Sep 2002

So cal..just wanted to make a point that Fletcher has been ok. He has not been what I was expecting but I think he will improve. Just wanted to point out to the poster that said Newman is our best LB that he was invisible today.

Comment

• JefftheBillsfan
                      • Jul 2002

and i thought LB was going to be a strenght...i am 1 of newman's biggest advocates...but did anyone see him overpursuite on a run at him....he was half way to griese...fletch has done nothing. and im not sure we even have a WLB!
                      Its all about the quest.

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                        Expert on Experts
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeRocks
                        So cal..just wanted to make a point that Fletcher has been ok. He has not been what I was expecting but I think he will improve. Just wanted to point out to the poster that said Newman is our best LB that he was invisible today.
                        Point taken, and I agree. I'm not saying fletcher has been awful. He just hasn't played up to my expectations, and I agree BM80, we need them to be more active and make plays. THis needs to be a strength.

Comment

• lordofgun
                          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

It usually takes awhile to get the hang of this defense. I hope he catches on eventually!

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• losman2evans
                            • Aug 2002

We need a beter D- line to get the big OL guys off of our linebackers so they can make plays.

We need a playmaking DT next to Williams

then we could better assess these linebackers.'

But definately no Seau's or Cowarts (before injury )
                            or an Urlacher- a sense for stating te obvious- huh : )

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

We need better play at DT and a bit better at DE.

Schobel gets pushed out on runs a bit, and Denny just sucks. A big Hand type of DT will put us right over the top, big time.

Comment

Working...
                              X