X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Local talk radio sucks!

We just won our second consecutive blowout and all those idiots on WGR55 can talk about all freakin day long is GW's fake punt call.
    Kevin and the Bulldog 6-10am , dumb a$$ I can't stand that jerk Bob Gaughn from 10 to noon and then Schoop jumped on the same freaking subject all afternoon on his show.

Granted, I did not care for the call. The play that was called was more of my problem than the actual decision to go for it. With a great D you can try things like that. I would have punted but I did not hate the decision. If we had made it those what the heck would those dopes have talked about all day. For crying out loud.....................I think Wys must own that station.

J/K wys
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

WGR has been a joke for years...ever since they first hired Dickerson
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I liked Dickerson.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
        I liked Dickerson.
        You would
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

The coach knew the game well but his always harping on the negative got on my nerves. The subject deserved to be talked about but they devoted 9 freaking hours to it. It must suck to always look at the glass as half empty.

Comment

• Takeo 51
            • Sep 2003

Howard Simon for WNSA is the best sports talk we have here but he is negated by Jim Brinson he worst broadcaster ever, this guy talks nonsense all day hardly ever sports. I'd take Coach Dick over him anyday at leasy Dick knew football. Brinson knows his celebritie friends.
            WHAT IT TAKES TO BE NO. 1

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up-from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization-an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win-to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there-to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules-but to win.

And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

...Vince Lombardi

Comment

• superbills
              • Mar 2003

I like listening to Brad Riter. He was talking tonight from the opposite end of the spectrum (which is on par for him). Be happy we won, celebrate the victory. One call, that could have worked if Morris would have executed it right, shouldn't dampen or diminish the fact that the Bills are the best in football right now. Even PTI said so!
              "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
              Ronald Reagan
              40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Remember guys, they use little things like that to get people to call in. If they don't have callers they don't sell advertising.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                  • May 2003

IMO

I can't stand Howard Simon. He is like that kid down the street who thinks he knows everything, yet knows nothing.

I like Schoop. He sometimes tries to be too "national" in the offseason, but I like listening to him.

Brad Rider is good. I think he is actually pretty funny. I only wish they wouldn't do that stupid Family Fued thing everyday. I think he is my favorite on the radio right now.

Bob Gaughn is the absolute worst. How does anyone listen to him. I would rather have nothing than him on.

I like the fact that GR has Rome on and now are going to be putting Tony Kornhieser show on from 10-12.

Bulldog is good.

Brinson is OK.

Silvester is below OK.

I believe that most of the people that call into the stations are those Bills fans that are never happy about anything.
                  Last edited by TheGhostofJimKelly; 09-16-2003, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• yledust
                    Beerophile
                    • Apr 2003

They announced yesterday on WGR that Bulldog is going to afternoons with Schopp, and Bob Gaughan is moving to mornings with Kevin Sylvester. Then they are gonna Gaughan's time with a syndicated feed. It's supposed to start tomorrow.

Comment

• Takeo 51
                      • Sep 2003

Ghost I think that you mixed up Simon and Schopp Simon I think is great because he is like "one of the guys" and Schopp is the guy that tries to make the callers fell dumb. Simon hardly every acts like a smart ass
                      WHAT IT TAKES TO BE NO. 1

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all the time thing. You don't win once in a while; you don't do things right once in a while; you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game, and that's first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay, and I don't ever want to finish second again. There is a second place bowl game, but it is a game for losers played by losers. It is and always has been an American zeal to be first in anything we do, and to win, and to win, and to win.

Every time a football player goes to play his trade he's got to play from the ground up-from the soles of his feet right up to his head. Every inch of him has to play. Some guys play with their heads. That's O.K. You've got to be smart to be number one in any business. But more importantly, you've got to play with your heart, with every fiber of your body. If you're lucky enough to find a guy with a lot of head and a lot of heart, he's never going to come off the field second.

Running a football team is no different than running any other kind of organization-an army, a political party or a business. The principles are the same. The object is to win-to beat the other guy. Maybe that sounds hard or cruel. I don't think it is.

It is a reality of life that men are competitive and the most competitive games draw the most competitive men. That's why they are there-to compete. To know the rules and objectives when they get in the game. The object is to win fairly, squarely, by the rules-but to win.

And in truth, I've never known a man worth his salt who in the long run, deep down in his heart, didn't appreciate the grind, the discipline. There is something in good men that really yearns for discipline and the harsh reality of head to head combat.

I don't say these things because I believe in the "brute" nature of man or that men must be brutalized to be combative. I believe in God, and I believe in human decency. But I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

...Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                        • Jul 2002

I agree with Takeo................Shcoop talks down to callers and I don't like that.

Comment

• yledust
                          Beerophile
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Fairway To Green
                          I agree with Takeo................Shcoop talks down to callers and I don't like that.
                          I don't mind, because a lot of them just call to regurgitate what they have already heard, without adding any original thoughts. Imagine how much more interesting talk radio would be if people took a minute to think through a complete thought before calling, instead of just calling to say "the Dolphins Suck" and hang up.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
                            • Jul 2002

True YD, but he talks down to everyone. Even people who do have complete, well expressed thoughts if they don't agree with him. I just think he is an arrogant ass. I'll listen to Simon anyday over him. Hopefully with the Bulldog joining him the show will improve.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Eb beat me with his response. I agree that negativism generates more calls and more passion than "Be Happy" radio. That's why they do it more than anything. I'm not real happy about any of the personalities on WGR, but I still listen because it's sports. At least some of the time it's sports.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X