PDA

View Full Version : Before the season starter, a lot of people said they'd be happy at 2-2...

lordofgun
09-16-2003, 12:50 AM
...after the first four games. Is that still the case? I think the obvious answer is NO.

What if we lose on Sunday and then beat the Eagles...or vice versa? Would you be happy with that?

BillsMan80
09-16-2003, 01:32 AM
While I would be somewhat disappointed, if we went 2-2, things would be ok, because we have the Bengals and the Jets after that, which would put us at 4-2 after these 2. 3-1 after this stretch sets us up for a 5-1 start, and 4-0 would set us up for 6-0.

Brian Griese Rulz
09-16-2003, 01:52 AM
2 down 14 to go. Still got a chance for a undefeated season.

SoCalBillsFan
09-16-2003, 01:53 AM
The bengals aren't as bad as they've been in the past.

I'd be happy if we beat the phish, even if we lose to the eagles. 3-1 would be ok with me. Of course, 4-0 woud be great.

shelby
09-16-2003, 04:19 AM
i'll settle for 3-1 if it has to be that way. If we could go 4-0 i would be overjoyed.

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...after the first four games. Is that still the case? I think the obvious answer is NO.

What if we lose on Sunday and then beat the Eagles...or vice versa? Would you be happy with that?

No....losing to the Fish is NEVER acceptable :cynic:

shelby
09-16-2003, 04:58 AM
i think we can beat Philly. i'm not sure about the fins.
:fish:

Aero II
09-16-2003, 05:48 AM
I always start the season saying that if we have to have a horrible year and only win 2 games I want them to be against the Fish. A Bills victory makes my week, a loss to the Fish ruins my month.

Turf
09-16-2003, 06:00 AM
Playing Philly in game 4 while they're at home stewing on an 0-2 start in a bye week after playing the fish is not a good scenario.

ublinkwescore
09-16-2003, 07:05 AM
Philly started 0-4 last year too.

In all honesty, I think my only concern after the Dolphin game (which we WILL win) is that we need to focus immediately on the eagles - if we do, and don't get hungover from two big divisional wins, the Eagles will have a hell of a fight on their hands two sundays from now. If we go 4-0 (make that 6-0 after the Bungles and Jets), it will be all but impossible to overtake us for the division crown.

Patrick76777
09-16-2003, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
2 down 14 to go. Still got a chance for a undefeated season.

Let's not start talking like the ******* Dolphin fans. I'd like to think we're better then those losers!

Novacane
09-16-2003, 07:37 AM
Obviously now the answer is NO!!!!!!!!!

We should beat the Eagles. They look horrible. They were overated by the media in preseason polls. Mcnabb is thier only good offensive player. Thrash......................thier #1 reciever would be our 4th. They are beat up on D.
As for Miami.........................I think we are better than them but playing down there anything can happen.

I want 4-0 now!

Patrick76777
09-16-2003, 07:40 AM
I was thinking the same thing last night. Don’t get me wrong, I hate the Phins with a passion and I think they stink this year, but this is the NFL and road division games are not easy. I can’t say enough that I really think we’ll kill them.

But to answer your question, this was a tough first 4 and I would be very happy with 3-1.

Patrick76777
09-16-2003, 07:41 AM
I want 4-0 which would lead to 7-0

Ebenezer
09-16-2003, 07:53 AM
I would be happy with 3-1...

Ebenezer
09-16-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
4-0 which would lead to 7-0

that is very true...

doug45
09-16-2003, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster

No....losing to the Fish is NEVER acceptable :cynic:

You said it!!!!!!!!!

Historian
09-16-2003, 08:12 AM
I still stand by my 10-6 prediction, so I would be happy with a 3-1 or a 2-2 first quarter...however I think they're off to a great start, while playing the toughest part of the schedule!

They could conceivably be 4-0!

Jan Reimers
09-16-2003, 08:24 AM
I'd be OK at 3-1, but neither the Phins nor the Eagles are as good as originally advertised. I'd be a lot happier at 4-0.

Throne Logic
09-16-2003, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
Playing Philly in game 4 while they're at home stewing on an 0-2 start in a bye week after playing the fish is not a good scenario.

This game is at the Ralph. McNabb has looked absolutely McAwful to start the season. I don't know what he's going to do over these two weeks to fix his issues, but I'd say Buffalo has the upper hand.

Not getting ahead of myself, Miami is the focus. Miami hasn't looked all that good this year. I don't care what they did in Jetland. The Jets are not good. Buffalo should do pretty much the same thing to Miami that they did to Jacksonville. This is Miami, so I don't see a let down coming. Too much of a rival. New guys aren't to be a worry. Spikes is self-hyping. Malloy already hates Miami. Sam Adams just has to be his big fat self.

With all that said, I won't be happy with any losses this season. I have watched at least one game of every opponent the Bills will face this season with the exception of Kansas City, which I'll make a point to do this weekend, assuming I have power. There is no team that Buffalo "should" not beat. The Kansas City game is, at this point, shaping up to the one of the top match-ups of the season. This will be a "prove it" game for Buffalo.

Now, I don't expect to finish 16-0. That just isn't realistic. So, I'm expecting to be disappointed at least a few times this season. It's just that I expect Buffalo to win each game based upon what I've seen from them and their upcoming opponents. Not so much high expectations as it is the "on paper" match-ups.

The Spaz
09-16-2003, 11:05 AM
Losing is never acceptable!

Patrick76777
09-16-2003, 11:07 AM
True, but it's going to happen.

In the NFL, Great teams finish 13-3 and even 12-4. It just happens. Sometimes it's not your week, or the other coaches just come up with a great gameplan.

TigerJ
09-16-2003, 11:56 AM
To be perfectly accurate, I said I would be satisfied with 2-2 and delighted with 3-1. Right now my sentiments reflect Shelby's perfectly. I'll be satisfied with 3-1 and delighted with 4-0. It has become quite possible to end up with a perfect September. It would be great to be able to throw that in the face of fin fans every chance we get.

Voltron
09-16-2003, 12:28 PM
We have seen a 2nd year QB carve up the Miami 2ndary, We have seen an over the Hill QB get over 300 yards against the Miami 2ndary. What would make anyone think that Drew can't do the same I don't know. We will beat the Fins, It may not be like the 2 stompings that we put on the Pats and the Jags but we will win convincingly. Philly with a bye this week may be tough. The team is still sore this week from a very physical game with the Jags and Miami will be just as physical. I am just praying we come out of Miami with no injuries. If we are at 100% we will own Philly and be the talk of the NFL!

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
True, but it's going to happen.

In the NFL, Great teams finish 13-3 and even 12-4. It just happens. Sometimes it's not your week, or the other coaches just come up with a great gameplan.

Or we play our scrubs at the end of the season to save our starters for ther post season. ;)