PDA

View Full Version : Props to our team...

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2002, 06:34 PM
We hung in there till the end. I was unimpressed with the LB corp and Denver got a BS "interference" call at the end but all in all I was quite happy with our play.

Props to Gilbride for realizing that our running game was going to be between the tackles and adjusting..(maybe a little late but who knows...)

Thumbs down to our O-line...too many blitz' packages let through for my comfort.

I liked the D bitz package, but out LB's killed us IMHO.

D game ball goes to Coy Wire...that boy was every where!!!!

O game ball goes to Peerless....great effort Peerless!!

The_Philster
09-22-2002, 06:39 PM
It's nuts, too.....our LBs are supposed to be one of the best corps in the league

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2002, 06:47 PM
Our LB's (Fletcher) are lame....Newman rocks but as an OLB, his impact is mimimal....

BledsoeRocks
09-22-2002, 06:50 PM
Robinson needs to be replaced!

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2002, 06:52 PM
Amen!!!

Captain gameboy
09-22-2002, 07:30 PM
Agree with the consensus of the slightly below average play of our linebackers. The blitz strategy I predicted in an earlier thread after the Vikes game came to pass today.
Regardless, I am pleasently surprised at the performance of this team. It is very hard to go from bottom 5 to middle of the pack in one draft/preseason/3 game reg season, yet we have done it. Ours is a very good team. Red zone offense is unconscious. How long since we've seen that? Defense is just a bit below average. Big offense, which nobody has stopped yet. Two minute offense-productive in the extreme. Our man to man pass coverage is tight if not excellent. I think we're getting a bit of a snub from the refs. Special teams-brutal till today, but OK now. I really like this team. Bledsoe is unbelievable, but he should tuck it in and run and duck once in awhile.
Middle of the pack now means top third by the end of the year, and top three next year. Just my view.

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
We hung in there till the end. I was unimpressed with the LB corp and Denver got a BS "interference" call at the end but all in all I was quite happy with our play.

Props to Gilbride for realizing that our running game was going to be between the tackles and adjusting..(maybe a little late but who knows...)

Thumbs down to our O-line...too many blitz' packages let through for my comfort.

Great post. I'm not disappointed with the loss. We made mistakes, they made mistakes, but we hung in there with one of the better teams in the league.

LABillsFan
09-23-2002, 10:48 AM
If the Bills played against the Broncos last year how do you think the game would of ended? Think of that and then look at the score and game plan from yesterday. The Bronco's were 8-8 last year while the Bills were 3-13 which is 5 games better and both teams improved. Of course the Bronco's are a step ahead, but the Bills played DARN good considering new personel and a new O. A fumble, penalties, questionable or not, and a solid team in Denver were the desiding factor, last year it would of been the above mentioned plus, int's, lack of discipline, lack of effort once down, poor game plan and no utilizing the talent that is on this team. The score would of been 38-3 or so.

Ebenezer
09-23-2002, 10:50 AM
I disagree with the assessment of the LBs. Although I agree they have been mighty invisible I think the problem is the lack of talent on the DL...nobody to mop up OL so that the LB can break free.

WG
09-23-2002, 10:52 AM
Don't be too hard on the OL for not picking up all the blitzes. I actually thought they did a great job.

You must remember however that two of our starting OL-men are in their first year of experience, 2 in their second, and only Brown w/ plenty. Funny, he makes the most rookie errors though. Go figure. Yet another nice key illegal procedure call yesterday. Is he stupid or what.

Sullivan, while in his second year is playing his first NFL ball. Teague, this is only his second year starting and first at C. Williams, that was his third game at this level.
Jennings, his second year in the league and as a starter.

These guys are impressive considering that and are improving noticeably week to week. Sure, there'll probably be some lapses, but overall, progress seems to be coming along.

Drewpac
09-23-2002, 11:09 AM
Don't you love the "optimistic" Wys!

vabillsfan
09-23-2002, 11:44 AM
I watched the game yesterday and felt much joy. No, we didn't win. But, I can sit down each Sunday this year and at least think we have a chance to win. We should be 2-1, easily, and if not for some better D, we could be 3-0. ANyone think we would have won if we recovered the onside kick? Anyway - we may not make the playoffs but at least this year the old adage "on any given Sunday" play out very true for our Buffalo Bills.

As little Timmy said in the Bad News Bears "Wait till next year!"

LtBillsFan66
09-23-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Drewpac
Don't you love the "optimistic" Wys!

YES!

WCoastFin
09-23-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan

You hung in there till the end!? ...ummm sorry bro but its more like you clawed and crawled back into the game.....big diffrence.

LABillsFan
09-23-2002, 06:47 PM
You're right we crawled back into the game. Something the Dolphins don't due during the second half of the season.

Hork!!! excuse me I was chocking.

WCoastFin
09-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
You're right we crawled back into the game. Something the Dolphins don't due during the second half of the season.

Hork!!! excuse me I was chocking.

Something the dolphins dont do ...becuz most the time they have the lead.....I knew you were choking typical bills fan in a superbowl.