PDA

View Full Version : Satan Is Pulling a Peca Part II

SkateZilla
09-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Damn Him and His Ego,

He Says He's Not Gonna sign a last minute contract Before teh season starts, And that he'd playin a amatuer/semipro league, instead of a Pro Euro Leage, blah blah blah, and that He Wants aroudn 5 Million Dollars.

1. Damn Miro And his greedy Self,
2. Damn Reiger for saying No

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030916/1024894.asp?tbd1024894.asp

Ð
09-16-2003, 03:52 PM
It's a common tactic that the European players use...

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Ð
It's a common tactic that the European players use...

what happened to the good ol' days when the NHL was 92% Canadian and 8% American?

fushetti
09-20-2003, 10:48 AM
Why is this Satans fault? "Pulling a Peca?" Peca was our cornerstone. He was invaluable. Satan has been lowballing himself for years. Why can't he have a big payday? Pay the guy 5 million. He's worth it. HE SCORES GOALS.

David Deboudt
09-20-2003, 10:52 AM
I agree. He really deserves that kind of money, and even more. Regier knows he's made a huge mistake with Peca.

In this case, Miro has all the stats for him. In Peca's case, it was more based on 'intangibles'... understand why they signed Chris Drury to that long term deal now?

Anyway, they could do everything to help us forget about their mistakes, not signing Miro would be a huge mistake and a big loss for our hockey team.

And if they're afraid of the CBA, then sign him to a 5-5.5 million one year contract.

I the end I
09-21-2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
Why is this Satans fault? "Pulling a Peca?" Peca was our cornerstone. He was invaluable. Satan has been lowballing himself for years. Why can't he have a big payday? Pay the guy 5 million. He's worth it. HE SCORES GOALS.

It seems like no one remembers how poorly peca played the season before he wanted a huge raise. He did not get out there and prove he was worth the money he was asking for.

David Deboudt
09-21-2003, 02:22 PM
Hey I the end I,

Good to see you post here! I remember that Peca didn't have good stats, but he played most of the season on a line with Rasmussen and Varada! He got 40 points if I remember correctly, and provided the defense we needed against the opponent's top line.

Dozerdog
09-21-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by I the end I
It seems like no one remembers how poorly peca played the season before he wanted a huge raise. He did not get out there and prove he was worth the money he was asking for.

Welcome aboard, I!

fushetti
09-21-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by I the end I

Oh, I know he played poorly.. But Peca was about more than stats. Satan on the other hand, he's all about stats...and he put them up....year after year. Now pay the man.

I the end I
09-22-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by fushetti

Oh, I know he played poorly.. But Peca was about more than stats. Satan on the other hand, he's all about stats...and he put them up....year after year. Now pay the man.

I wish they would pay him seeing as we have drury I'd like to see them play together. However, Satan upsets me with the way he plays sometimes, he gets out there and he can do anything when he tries but when he decides to get out there and just be lazy nothing happens. He seems like he isn't umotivated to me sometimes I miss the hussle we used to see from him.

By the way thanks for the welcome. :chuckle:

Myers57
09-22-2003, 08:47 PM
The way Satan does not play to his full potential makes me believe that he is not worth 5 million smackaroos.

Twistmyarm
09-23-2003, 10:43 AM

NO offense but I completely disagree...Peca was a leader for a very short period of time then he got real stupid real fast..right around the time he married Kristen..coincidence? Hmmmmmm but he's gone and who cares good ridance I say....

onto Satan, his stats IMO are not even close to what they could and should be if he played each shift full out balls to the wall..which he doesn't, he's a classic European player who if the puck is out of his reach doesn't even make the extra attempt to get back into the play...he's a great goal scorer with great hands and a great mind for the game who is LAZY!!!!!

He *****ed and whined about wanting to be traded because the Sabres couldn't put players around him to play to his level...well look around the locker room Miro, there are quite a few new guys in there that can play not only to your level but in a very short while will be playing past you....

you are not a 5 million dollar player, you will never be a 5 million dollar player, pull your cranium out of your rectum and do yourself a favor and get an agent who will do you a favor and laugh at you when you say things like "I want 5 million dollars"

I'll tell you what Miro, you wnat this kind of cash you have to be a 5 million dollar player on and off the ice, a leader in the community and in the locker room, you need to walk off the ice every night completely exhausted because you gave 150% and you know what skippy? You ain't doing that now!!!!

Oh and just so you know I'm a huge Miro fan I love to watch him play, I think he's one of the most talented guys on the team, so I'm not some Miro-basher. But do I think the organization should pay him 5 mil.....about as much as I think we need to bring back the Rigas family! (that's sarcasm)

Myers57
09-23-2003, 11:35 AM
Well said!

Dozerdog
09-23-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo

you are not a 5 million dollar player, you will never be a 5 million dollar player, pull your cranium out of your rectum and do yourself a favor and get an agent who will do you a favor and laugh at you when you say things like "I want 5 million dollars"

Unless he's a NY Ranger, then he's grossly underpaid for underachieving

ILiveInHSBCArena
09-23-2003, 04:44 PM
I think we can live without Satan, for a long time now everyone has been saying he is the "Goal scorrer" and our "superstar", hes just seems to be more of a pain than anything else. We have guys like Max, and Connolly who can take on his role if he is gone, I say he let him go.

and no one can even tell what hes saying in the locker room anyway.

Sabre Ally
09-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Connolly couldn't score on an empty net.

Myers57
09-24-2003, 10:10 AM
i watched him miss on an open net a couple years ago at a Vancouver game.

ILiveInHSBCArena
09-24-2003, 04:15 PM
oh common, don't be so hard on Connolly, he's young... He'll step it up this year for sure

SkateZilla
09-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Connelly Couldnt Score a Chick let alone a goal...

SkateZilla
09-24-2003, 06:34 PM
crap goto sabres video part of their webpage.. Satan had to score off of connelly's missed shot :) granted it was an 100% open Net it was still a sure goal... then again it looked as if he was knocked form behind.. :)

Myers57
09-24-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ILiveInHSBCArena
oh common, don't be so hard on Connolly, he's young... He'll step it up this year for sure

The only reason you are sticking up for him is because you are in love with him:girlsmil: ;)

pyrrhonist
09-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by SabresBlueAndGold
The way Satan does not play to his full potential makes me believe that he is not worth 5 million smackaroos.

The main reason why Miro has never played up to his full potential is he's never been on a line with a true center. That all changes this year with Drury. He's worth it. :up:

Twistmyarm
09-24-2003, 08:23 PM
The main reason why Miro has never played up to his full potential is he's never been on a line with a true center. That all changes this year with Drury. He's worth it.

OK wait I'm confused...because we obtained a quality player like Drury, Satan is worth more? (head scratching) I get great new guys joining me in my job all the time, and my pay doesn't go up because of it...now if you want to say that if he lives up to his full potential this year and goes to the wizard and gets a heart and then demands more money next year after proving himself THIS year..that I can maybe buy, until then I got two words for you Miro PROVE IT!

ILiveInHSBCArena
09-24-2003, 08:25 PM
good job Darryl I agree, and fine, I picked the wrong player, collonnly sucks

Twistmyarm
09-24-2003, 08:34 PM
I'll say it now and pull up this post later this season...mark my words Connoly will have a much better season this year, and IMHO it will only keep improving as he ages and learns, I don't care what anyone sasys this kid is a talent, if he can just get his hands to move as fast as his head is he's gonna be major, he's got moves he hasn't even begun to master!

Not to name drop, but last year I was lucky enough to sit in one of the suites with Bobby Hull and Marcel Dionne and they must have said ten times.."Wow this kid is gonna be good! Once he learns to slow down and let the play develop around his stickhandling"

again just my humble opinion...oh and two HOF'ers

pyrrhonist
09-24-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by keepdasabesinbuffalo
OK wait I'm confused...because we obtained a quality player like Drury, Satan is worth more? (head scratching)

Not at all. Satan has proven how well he can play with mediocre centers on his line, and with a quality player like Drury, he can only get better. I was questioning SabresBlue&Gold's assessment that Satan has never played up to his potential.

Twistmyarm
09-25-2003, 08:04 AM
Satan has proven how well he can play with mediocre centers on his line, and with a quality player like Drury, he can only get better

I agree he should have a much better season if he stops whining, and stops acting like a primadonna.

That all changes this year with Drury. He's worth it.

This was the statement that made me think you were saying that now that we have Drury Satan is worth the $5 mil..maybe I read it wrong...

SkateZilla
09-25-2003, 09:39 AM
hmm

He refused teh propposal yeszterday hopefully Darcy agree's to His Counter Proposal

Myers57
09-25-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by pyrrhonist

The main reason why Miro has never played up to his full potential is he's never been on a line with a true center. That all changes this year with Drury. He's worth it. :up:

I believe Satan used that reason as an excuse not to play well, there were times last year where he would be on a role and have multiple points per game in a streaky fashion, and then there were games where it barely looked like he was playing at all.

Chris Drury may set the example this season for Satan to follow.