X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Travis Henry on local radio...

good interview on the Tony Bruno show today.

first off.. this guy seriously needs to think about speech therapy. he is hard to understand.. i thought i was gonna break my radio if i had to here him say "um.. uh.. well.. um.. err.. ehh.." one more time.

but anyways.. the jist of the interview -

- he loves the team right now. they are getting better on O by having to practice against the D.

- he was happy for jamal lewis, he wished the bills played the browns

- he follows stats, to make sure he is keeping up with the top backs in the league, as he feels he is one of them.

- he said he is off to a slow start, but he will get that fixed this week starting with maimi. he said he is gonna run through them.

- he thinks the Oline is doing a good job. he said last year they set up the run with the pass.. this year they are setting up the pass with the run.. like they said all offseason. balance. he said if the passing game keeps working as well, it will keep teams from keying on him, like the jags did.

- i found this interesting! stated willis mcgahee will not play this year. he said that in his opinion, the coaches wont risk it and from what he has seen he just doesnt think it will happen. said he will not see the field. did not seem like he was really bothered by the question, but he also stated that he can only control what he can do, so the situation doesnt change his goals.

- his personal goals for this season 1) break OJs rushing record for the bills. 2) break emmits TD Record 3) break jamal lewis's single game rushing record 4) fumbles down

good interview, like i said.. i found the willis comments pretty interesting.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Well hell I don't mind seeing Willis not play this year as loing as Henry picks it and is at least on pace for last years performance....IMO:)

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

So this wasn't the Brian H Show?
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• ryven
        • Jan 2003

Thanks for the update I can't wait to see the game on t.v. I want to see both Gash and henry knock seau to the ground.

Comment

• TypicalBill
          • Sep 2002

Thanks T

good post.
          For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

At 26 yards a game the season would have to be 77 games long to break OJ's record.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

No huge surprises. He sure has lofty goals, doesn't he. Everything I've heard suggests that the poor run showing vs the Jags was due more to the Jags overplaying the run at the expense of their pass coverage. I can accept that, but I still have a question. Toward the end of the season when bad weather can potentially help opponents shut down our passing game, are those opponents still going to be able to shut down our running game like that? I think Buffalo needs to develop so that we can sustain some kind of running game no matter what the other team does. I think that's the only thing that will guarantee our consistency through the whole season.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                • Aug 2002

I may be reading too much in between the lines but hear me out.

He seems a little over confident with his statements. Not that I don't wish him the best but, there still seems to be some animosity towards the drafting of WM. The odds of WM playing this year are too hard to tell, but he says flat out that he doesn't seem Willis playing this year. Seems to me he is looking over his shoulder already. If Denny or Kelsay were interviewed, do you think they would of said the same thing about McKensie?

If he doesn't want WM playing, he better start running like Lewis and catching like Holmes the rest of the year.

TH could get the TD record but that's about it. Not that he doesn't have some talent, but because it's Bledsoe, Moulds, Shaw and Reed that are running the show. There isn't enough balls to go around unless he developes blazing speed and quick moves. He's got about 100 yards so far this season, leaving him 14 games to get 1900 yards. Thats' roughly 135 ypg. divided by 25 touches a game = 5.4 ypc. Not going to happen.

I think he needs a publisist as well.
                I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i sensed some anomosity there.. but like he said.. he can only control what he does..
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Jeff1220
                    H to the 12:20
                    • Jul 2002

Sounds like he still feels a Ja.Lewis shadow lingering from his Tennesee days.

Comment

• socalfan
                      Old Fogey from Cali
                      • Feb 2003

I think he is giving us his insight into what it takes to play and how close WM is to being there. Coaches and TD may have a different measuring stick.

Comment

Working...
                      X