PDA

View Full Version : Jan Reimers... Staying Put

bob the football fan
09-16-2003, 12:06 PM
I recieved an email from Jan Reimers, who lives on the Outer Banks of N. Carolina. He told me that he will be staying in his home despite the pending arrival of Hurricane Isabel. Let's try and keep in touch with him throughout the next 72 hours. Fellow Bills fans let's show Jan that we will be thinking of him,and his family.

GOD BLESS AMERICA---NEVER FORGET 09-11-01 :yankee: :yankee: :yankee: :yankee: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Tatonka
09-16-2003, 12:45 PM
i work on homeowners claims (property, not liability) for Travelers. we are gearing up to be hit incredibly hard.. i live in VA, but we cover SC, NC, TN, VA, WV, D.C., and MD.. right through the path of the storm.

i plan on losing power too.. it is headed right for richmond as well..

they told us that we should plan on being at work 8-7pm all week, and 8-7 on saturday, and 8-5 on sunday..

lucky it is a late game on sunday night.

Voltron
09-16-2003, 01:11 PM
:pray: :pray: :pray:

Billsbabee
09-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Here's to hoping Jan and his family stay safe and healthy as well as Tatonka and anyone else in the path of that beast. I know there's quite a few Zoners up in those areas and I hope all fair well when it's over. :)

Dozerdog
09-16-2003, 02:02 PM
:couch: <====Jan

Jan Reimers
09-16-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for thinking of us. Yeah, Lynda and I and our 4 dogs are going to tough it out. Hell, I lived through 4 straight Super Bowl disasters, so I ought to be able to make it through 1 lousy hurricane.

We've moved all the pool and deck furniture inside, lowered the storm shutters, and stocked up on the essentials - beer, chips and coffee. My main fears are that my satellite dishes will blow down, causing me a problem with the game Sunday, and that the electric will go off and the beer will get warm.

Hope all of you in Isabel's path stay safe. Got to go get some ice now...

Throne Logic
09-16-2003, 02:12 PM
I work for Baltimore Gas & Electric. We're gearing up big time.

If this comes up the Chesapeake, we're going to get slammed.

If you look at a map and follow that path straight for about 50 miles, you'll hit my house. :eek:

We're stocked with water and batteries . . .

My real concern is being able to watch the game on Sunday! If I don't have Direct TV or Cable, I'm going to have to find a bar with power.

socalfan
09-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Good luck Jan, I know the waters get pretty high on the outer banks; hope you are all tucked in good and safe.

Jan Reimers
09-16-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
:couch: <====Jan

That be me, Dozer.

BillsOverDolphins
09-16-2003, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I saw one graphic where it showed Isabel's projected path to go straight up the Chesapeake....I'm in Salisbury, MD right now, so this could suck

R. Rich
09-16-2003, 02:31 PM
Yeah, let's hope this storm doesen't pass through the area. We haven't done anything to prepare our home for a storm, so if it does pass through, we could be in for a lot of damage. We'll all (Lisa, Damien, Jake, and I) be huddled in the bathroom in our basement (no windows), waiting it out, if it does come this way.

IHateTheDullphins
09-16-2003, 02:38 PM
Good Luck to all of you in harms way. I'm sure you'll all be ok but just be careful out there! You'll be in my thoughts.

imbondz
09-16-2003, 02:40 PM
I hope she swings by Nashville.

NC-BILLS44
09-16-2003, 02:48 PM
I live in Raleigh and everyone is quite nervous. After making it through Fran and Floyd, I hope this one moves out to sea. There's nothing like waiting through the storm and listening to the wind howl and the rain slam against the side of your house. It is quite unsettling.

I wish Jan and his family well. Good luck..

lordofgun
09-16-2003, 03:20 PM
That's why I like upstate, NY. Nice and safe. :up:

Valerie
09-16-2003, 03:30 PM
Best of luck, Jan, Lynda and the four pups! :up: I kinda knew you were a little nutty when you told me you drive up to Buffalo for all the home games. lol Sticking it out through a hurricane really doesn't surprise me. lol

Keep in touch!!! You'll all be in my thoughts and prayers!:pray:

Ð
09-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Elmira looks like a hurricane hit it multiple times

STAMPY
09-16-2003, 03:36 PM
i live on long island... in northeastern ny... and the reports say it might hit us thursday night... the last big hurricane that hit us was hurricane gloria... that was like 17 years ago. i lost power 2 weeks. i hope i don't get hit... i'll miss the bills demolish the dolphins on espn(cheap plug) ... btw the dude who works for travellors... thats my car insurance co.

lordofgun
09-16-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ð
Elmira looks like a hurricane hit it multiple times

I know it. :up:

Jan :coocoo:

Valerie
09-16-2003, 03:48 PM
Here's a picture of Jan and Lynda. I hope Pastor Ted blessed them.