PDA

View Full Version : Grading the D-line...

ArcticWildMan
09-22-2002, 06:43 PM
Schoebel rocked...1 more sack and almost constant pressure ( is it me, or did he put on a"gut" during the offseason??)

LB corp sucked other than Newman....I bet Fletcher gets cut if he doesn't step it up.

Big Pat was awesome all in all. Too bad they ran away from him all game..

Winfield was outclassed...his height was a liability.

Bannin...a warrior...he seemed to be hurt every 4th play, but he contributed!!

Watson gets a game ball from me. He made some killer saves that would have been big gains ...

Clements....who?? :scratch:

shelby
09-22-2002, 07:51 PM
In his defense, Clements was playing dinged up.

Winfield may have been outplayed, but give him respect for the effort he makes.

A solid game for Coy Wire as well imo:D

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 07:52 PM
CHIDI!!!!!!!!!!! The guy is a great football player. Rushes the passer well, and is great at stuffing the run.

Ed
09-22-2002, 07:57 PM
Seriously, I thought our pass rush was going to be the biggest weakness on our team this year, but I was totally wrong. The D-line is really stepping up and coming through in that department. Obviously stopping the run is still a big concern, but that doesn't all fall on the shoulders of the D-line. I'm loving Ahanotu, he was a great late aquistion.

colin
09-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Clements played great, you never hear his name because he never gets thrown at.

losman2evans
09-22-2002, 08:31 PM
confused

it is a concensus that our d line needs help, but if chidi played well
pat williams played well ( NOT SURE ) and Schoebel played great, then we are only missing a great second DT--?

BillsMan80
09-22-2002, 08:33 PM
Well, we are missing a player like Sam Adams...Edwards is exactly like Williams IMO, and he's turning into a decent player, but we need a BIG, 320-330 pounder in there just engulfing blockers.

BambinoSux
09-22-2002, 09:34 PM
I didn't see the game so please answer me a question. Did Clements get a lot of tackles. Did he get burned on a lot of big gainers because if not then it's good. If you don't hear a CBs name during the game, it can only mean he's not getting thrown at. Last time I checked, that was a good thing. That usually means the guy he's covering isn't open.