• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Bright Side on Travis Henry

He does lead the league in touchdowns with 5. Thats about it... Better pick it up Tarvis or I see Willis coming upon sooner than expected
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • Throne Logic
    Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
    • Aug 2002

So far, it's not Travis' fault. If teams are going to stack 8 men in the box on every play, he's going to have a real hard time gaining yards. But, hey, Drew will just keep on chucking it to the open receivers. . .

You have to figure that, eventually, some team will drop a couple of guys back into coverage to help out. Then Travis can let loose.
    Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• Stewie
      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
      • Aug 2002

Hey last time I checked, points won games, not yardage...
      Originally posted by Topdog
      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      I love Weiner.
      Originally posted by mercyrule
      also cheese

Comment

• HenryRules
        • Jul 2002

Personally, I think last game was the only one that was really bad.

The game against the Pats was below average, but nothing to get concerned about unless it ends up being his best game of the year.

We're two games into the season and I think a lot of people are overreacting.

Comment

• HenryRules
          • Jul 2002

pb ... i suppose that fridge perry was a better rb than payton because every time perry got the ball he scored.

Individual td's are a useless statistic in football ... they only mean something as a team.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

last time i checked.. we were 8 for 8 in the red zone.. and travis is the reason for 5 of those.. i am not ready to dog the guy just yet.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• HenryRules
              • Jul 2002

Thing is, we're not using TH as only a short-yardage back. If that was his sole purpose in the offense, then judging his performance by our redzone efficiency and things like that would be worthwhile.

However, TH is our everydown back, so he must be judged according to how he does on every down. As such, he sucked last game and was acceptable against the Pats.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                • Aug 2003

Has anyone thought that maybe Travis Henry's stats last year wher a direct result of teams overplaying the passing game and daring the bills to beat them with the run ????? Travis is a good back but maybe in reality he is a good #2 and goalline back and the reason the Bills drafted McGahee is because he is a great #1 back and gives the Bills a dimension at RB they havent had since the Juice was in Buffalo game breaking speed and elusiveness along with power. TD has not missed on a move yet look at campbell maybe he knows something we dont and McGahee is gonna take this offense to another level no knock on Henry I like him i just think McGahee is better

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

how is mcgahee better, but has never played a down in the nfl and is not fully recovered from a horrific knee injury? we still dont know if he can ever be the back he was in college, which, even if he was healthy, doesnt mean he will be anything in the pros..

kijana carter
                  curtis enis
                  and the list goes on.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

he had one bad week.. lets move on.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                      • Aug 2003

Jamal Lewis 295 yards last week
                      Mc Gahee could bust but I doubt it he has something those players didnt heart and desire and talent its all a subjective opinion and i have nothing aginst Henry I just think McGahee is better

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                        Sab and TD are insignificant
                        • Sep 2002

I can care less if teams continue to stuff Henry because in order to do that, they have to neglect the pass and that's exactly what they're doing. Pretty soon they'll start paying more attention to our passing game, and we better continue to use Henry - otherwise this is just gonna be a re-run of last season where we'll luck out and get into the playoffs with one or two more wins then last year on account of our speedy D.

Bottom line, WE HAVE TO KEEP USING HENRY no matter how poor the results are.
                        www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

jamal lewis was also a good back in the nfl before he hurt his knee, and his knee was not hurt near as bad.

bottom line is that willis is a rookie with no experience, and we have no idea if he will even be good... so i just dont get what WM is Better at? because it is not being an nfl rb.

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            jamal lewis was also a good back in the nfl before he hurt his knee, and his knee was not hurt near as bad.

bottom line is that willis is a rookie with no experience, and we have no idea if he will even be good... so i just dont get what WM is Better at? because it is not being an nfl rb.

Excellent points,
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                              • Aug 2003

we shall see about Willis if he works out like I think he will we will all be very happy if not the we have Henry and we all still will be happy its a win- win situation as long as we keep improving thats all that matters

Comment

Working...
                              X