PDA

View Full Version : I heard yesterday on WNSA that....

mchurchfie
09-16-2003, 04:35 PM
...when Dave Whinestedt was Coach of the Chicago Bears he made the statement that he wouldn't waste a number one draft pick on Eric Moulds the year he was drafted. And now EMo owns the fins secondary....the irony.:snicker:

The_Philster
09-16-2003, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
...when Dave Whinestedt was Coach of the Chicago Bears he made the statement that he wouldn't waste a number one draft pick on Eric Moulds the year he was drafted. And now EMo owns the fins secondary....the irony.:snicker:

Boy...doesn't he feel so stupid now. :snicker2:

Jan Reimers
09-16-2003, 05:43 PM
Wannstadt is, and always has been, an idiot. I hope the Fins keep him for a long time.

yle
09-16-2003, 06:01 PM
They picked Walt Harris, a CB, who started for them until 2002. He signed with the Colts as a UFA in March 2002, and started for them.

At least they didn't say that and pick a bust.

yle
09-16-2003, 06:03 PM
Plus they picked 13th, and Moulds was taken 24th. Maybe for them at that time Moulds wasn't 13th pick material.

in hindsight though ....

Doc
09-16-2003, 07:57 PM
Walt Harris was an average CB.

Earthquake Enyart
09-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Doc
Walt Harris was an average CB.

Average at best. I beleive Wanny also drafted Stan Thomas with a ridiculously high pick (#5??) who was a tremendous buster, and also traded a very high #1 for Rick Mirer. Man, he did a number on the Bears. I also hope he stays in Miami for a long, long, time. I was so happy when the fish hired him. :snicker:

Brian Griese Rulz
09-16-2003, 08:04 PM
As long as we got Wandstat in the divison, the Bills won't have the worst coach in the AFC East.

CWOUSARET
09-16-2003, 08:10 PM
Agreed!

CajunBillsBacker
09-17-2003, 12:13 AM
I do remember them talking about it during the draft. DW didnt like his attitude and cockiness because Eric ordered a pizza and had it delivered to him in the middle of one of his practices at Miss. St.
I also remember it being more than a 1st round pick though, I remember them saying DW wouldnt draft Moulds with the last pick in the draft.

SABURZFAN
09-17-2003, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by CajunBillsBacker
I do remember them talking about it during the draft. DW didnt like his attitude and cockiness because Eric ordered a pizza and had it delivered to him in the middle of one of his practices at Miss. St.

spicoli did that in high school too and he still passed mr.hands class.:biggrin: