X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mchurchfie
    • Jul 2002

I heard yesterday on WNSA that....

...when Dave Whinestedt was Coach of the Chicago Bears he made the statement that he wouldn't waste a number one draft pick on Eric Moulds the year he was drafted. And now EMo owns the fins secondary....the irony.
    My Band
    daveviterna.com

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mchurchfie
    ...when Dave Whinestedt was Coach of the Chicago Bears he made the statement that he wouldn't waste a number one draft pick on Eric Moulds the year he was drafted. And now EMo owns the fins secondary....the irony.
    Boy...doesn't he feel so stupid now. :snicker2:
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Wannstadt is, and always has been, an idiot. I hope the Fins keep him for a long time.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yledust
        Beerophile
        • Apr 2003

They picked Walt Harris, a CB, who started for them until 2002. He signed with the Colts as a UFA in March 2002, and started for them.

At least they didn't say that and pick a bust.

Comment

• yledust
          Beerophile
          • Apr 2003

Plus they picked 13th, and Moulds was taken 24th. Maybe for them at that time Moulds wasn't 13th pick material.

in hindsight though ....

Comment

• Doc
            • Dec 2002

Walt Harris was an average CB.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Doc
              Walt Harris was an average CB.
              Average at best. I beleive Wanny also drafted Stan Thomas with a ridiculously high pick (#5??) who was a tremendous buster, and also traded a very high #1 for Rick Mirer. Man, he did a number on the Bears. I also hope he stays in Miami for a long, long, time. I was so happy when the fish hired him.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
                • Aug 2003

As long as we got Wandstat in the divison, the Bills won't have the worst coach in the AFC East.

Comment

• CWOUSARET
                  • Aug 2003

Agreed!
                  "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• CajunBillsBacker
                    100% Cajun
                    • Jul 2002

I do remember them talking about it during the draft. DW didnt like his attitude and cockiness because Eric ordered a pizza and had it delivered to him in the middle of one of his practices at Miss. St.
                    I also remember it being more than a 1st round pick though, I remember them saying DW wouldnt draft Moulds with the last pick in the draft.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                      short bus extraordinaire
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CajunBillsBacker
                      I do remember them talking about it during the draft. DW didnt like his attitude and cockiness because Eric ordered a pizza and had it delivered to him in the middle of one of his practices at Miss. St.
                      spicoli did that in high school too and he still passed mr.hands class.
                      Originally posted by yordad
                      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                      X