PDA

View Full Version : Defense just not quite good enough

BledsoeRocks
09-22-2002, 06:47 PM
This team is farther ahead in their rebuilding than I thought they would be. If TD can fix this defense we are going to be great!

Buffarama
09-22-2002, 06:57 PM
Even a semi-dominating defense with this offense would definitely bring a ring here.

Rebecky
09-22-2002, 07:08 PM
Yeah -- at the end of the 4th, I was thinking: IF the D can just keep them from marching down the field and scoring another TD, Drew & Co will win this game. Just hold 'em D -- just keep them from scoring another TD . . . .

Sad -- and from what I heard on the audiocast, Denver was running the same plays over and over, and succeeding. Was there no defensive adjustment here?

SoCalBillsFan
09-22-2002, 07:10 PM
It was awful to watch. The D just could not stop them. THey just marched down the field there at the end.

Captain gameboy
09-22-2002, 07:17 PM
The D is much better than I thought. At least a half season ahead. Wire is reading runs way beyond his experience level.
Is it me or does anyone else agree with the following statement? It is near impossible to play man to man pass D on the road. Every contact, however incidental, is a flag. The WR goes straight at the corner, forces contact, and makes a cut. If the QB throws at the time of contact, the offense gets a flag every time. I think it's BS. I understand the NFL's desire to open up the game, but some of the calls today in our game and others are ridiculous. Let's just put a three yard bubble around the receiver and let the offenses do whatever they want. Ridiculous.

JefftheBillsfan
09-22-2002, 07:29 PM
i agree 100%...pass interference is being called way to much IMO...not just against us either...