Clear All
  • AMMONS316
    Stone Cold Zoner
    • Sep 2003

Will Travis Henry Reach 20+ TD's

What do you think

:huddle: Ammons 3:16 :huddle:
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

He's got 5 in 2 games- 15 in 14 games isn't that much a reach.

Comment

• nolimit
      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
      • Aug 2003

man your on a mission with threads started!

I think he'll have 20 tds

Comment

• cordog
        eat, drink, and be merry
        • Apr 2003

Hope so

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
          • Aug 2003

He won't have 20. Unless he can score 15 more by the time McGahee gets healthy and learns the playbook.

Henry probably would get 20 if McGahee was not around.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

If Henry becomes that 25 carry- 125 yd- 1 TD per game back like he was last season, do you keep McGahee on IR and be 100% beyond a doubt healthy???

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Brian Griese Rulz
              He won't have 20. Unless he can score 15 more by the time McGahee gets healthy and learns the playbook.

Henry probably would get 20 if McGahee was not around.
              Learning a playbook and getting healthy????

Did you watch a game it all last season? McGahee won't get a single start this season unless Henry falls to injury.

It's going to take McGahee a whole hell of a lot more than learning plays to dethrone Travis.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
                • Aug 2003

Originally posted by RedEyE

Did you watch a game it all last season? McGahee won't get a single start this season unless Henry falls to injury.
                Yeah, I watched Henry fumble 11 times last year and once already this year, did you?

If McGahee comes off the injuried list this year, he will play.

Whats Henry's longest run? If i remember correctly it was in the SD game last year when SD let him score so they can get the ball back.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsSTAMPEDE
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Sep 2003

he hasn't fumbled yet this year the play was reversed and went to bledsoe... and henry ran for 1500 last year... since 2001 to now ricky williams actually has fumbled more balls... i agree mgahee will not get any starts... i'm not even sure mgahee will EVER BE THE SAME AGAIN after that injury. i hope he is, but he's gotta prove it... and henry only deserves to lose his job if he struggles... if he puts 20 in there and get 1300 or more... its his job still or should be

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
                    • Aug 2003

He may not get any starts but he will get some attempts.

The only way he can prove he's over the injury is by playing.

The whole point is, McGahee will get a chance to play which will take carriers away from Henry and that will be the reason Henry doesn't get close to 20 TDs.

Im not knocking Henry. Just pointing out the obvious.

Comment

• XNOUGHT
                      • Mar 2003

He gets 20

I wouldn't be surprised.

As long as Drew Bledsoe doesn't get those TD's..........
                      I'm lost.

Comment

• RedEyE
                        • Jul 2002

Yeah, I watched Henry fumble 11 times last year and once already this year, did you?

If McGahee comes off the injuried list this year, he will play.

Whats Henry's longest run? If i remember correctly it was in the SD game last year when SD let him score so they can get the ball back.
                        Ok, so if your watching you also know that.....

He had 10 runs over 20 yards. Ricky Williams, last season leading rusher, only had 7 runs over 20. Henry also had 14 TDs, placing him 7th in the league for total TDs last season.

McGahee hasn't even taken a pro handoff yet. Don't get so high and mighty on a POSSIBILTY, when the REAL THING is playing right in front of you.

McGahee might play, but the odds of him taking the starting job from Henry are slim.

Comment

• Brian Griese Rulz
                          • Aug 2003

Not if he produces.

Personally I think Henry is over-rated. And so do the Bills Front-Office people. If they thought Henry was the real deal they would NOT have drafted McGahee.

All 5 of the TD's Henry scored this year, any back in the NFL could of.

Comment

• RedEyE
                            • Jul 2002

Not if he produces.

Personally I think Henry is over-rated. And so do the Bills Front-Office people. If they thought Henry was the real deal they would NOT have drafted McGahee.

All 5 of the TD's Henry scored this year, any back in the NFL could of.
                            No offense BGR, but your crazy.

I'll let Travis Henry do my debating for me on the field this season.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                              • Aug 2002

Wow, all good points with minimal trash talking. I like that.

Henry wants to break a lot of individual records this year, OJ's, J Lewis' and Emmitt's. His best shot is the TD's for the year if any at all. As far as WM coming in and playing is totally up to TH. If he carries the ball 25 times a game great, but he'll need to do better than 3 ypc. Both Morris and Burns they can do that.

Henry has to separate himself from the rest of the RB's especially during the second half of the season when the weather starts turning. If he still is struggling, WM will get some reps. If that happens, TH's only hope is in short yardage situations ala Marcus Allen to get the TD record.

If Henry does prove himself and WM is deemed rady to play, he may get some reps that Morris or Burns would otherwise get.

As far as Henry being over rated, not sure, all I know is Henry is the best back the Bills have had the last 18 games. So it's his job until someone takes it away from him which hasn't happened, yet.
                              I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X