PDA

View Full Version : ...And STILL no INT's

SoCalBillsFan
09-22-2002, 06:51 PM
For all the hype our secondary and young corners got this offseason (at least by us), it is underachieved IMO. NOt that they are bad, be we still have not picked off a pass. More than that, it seems like often coverage is very loose and we give up a lot of 10-15 yard passes. And again today there was a long TD pass where the secondary just broke down. Have winfield/ clements not been playing up to potential? Is our secondary going to get better?

Again, I still see potential, and I don't think we are bad in the secondary, but there is room for significant improvement IMO

JefftheBillsfan
09-22-2002, 06:56 PM
honestly...it seems to me they are so good...QBs won't even look Nate and Antoine's way.

BledsoeRocks
09-22-2002, 07:19 PM
We do need some INT's!

WCoastFin
09-22-2002, 10:52 PM
R.Smith manhandled Winfield and McCaffrey manhandled Clements....there was simply nothing you can do.

casdhf
09-22-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
R.Smith manhandled Winfield and McCaffrey manhandled Clements....there was simply nothing you can do.

I can tell someone doesn't know anything :shakeno:

WG
09-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Smith definitely got the better of Winfield today. That much was clear. At least to the tune of 7 points.

I'll tell ya who's got to go. You know who it is. He usually makes at least one PI penalty and blows multiple coverages throughout the game!

Watson! I really have no idea what he's doing on this team! If I had one preemptory cut it would be used on him. The guy sucks!

Tatonka
09-22-2002, 11:11 PM
did you see his face? like he was so astonished that after raping a receiver as the ball was in the air, they called him for PI..

my patience has grown thin with him for sure..

but it does perplex me as to why, when we have clements and wini.. that watson is taking PI calls on mccaffery or smith? shouldnt our best corners be on them at ALL times?

German
09-22-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
did you see his face? like he was so astonished that after raping a receiver as the ball was in the air, they called him for PI..

my patience has grown thin with him for sure..

but it does perplex me as to why, when we have clements and wini.. that watson is taking PI calls on mccaffery or smith? shouldnt our best corners be on them at ALL times?

Tatonka,

I don't want to be a smarta.s.s. here but I think the experts call that system a zone coverage.:rock: